Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9LED or 6LED

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a few things

i recently ordered the 9 LED's from this Tec_Toyz guy on Ebay and i must tell you this product is worth every penny that i paid, and the shipping was fast, the guy is a great guy to deal with the only hard part was putting them as easy as it may seem it still took me around an hour and a half to do all of them im still working on the trunk license plate lights i havn't gotten around to that yet but eventually i will, but doing all of these lights was fun and it was easy and it was totally worth the wait

LOKIUS:
definatly order these LED's from the guy off of ebay if you really want them, then i suggest you get them cause they are amazing and i love them

Iambegood:
ill post pictures later tonite, the mod is amazing.

PTN:
also PTN....i installed them i decided i like the blue look all around for the car, sorry man, i wish i coulda helped you out. trust me order them from the guy on ebay hes trusting and great to deal with.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Team Nighthawk MechE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
a few things

i recently ordered the 9 LED's from this Tec_Toyz guy on Ebay and i must tell you this product is worth every penny that i paid, and the shipping was fast, the guy is a great guy to deal with the only hard part was putting them as easy as it may seem it still took me around an hour and a half to do all of them im still working on the trunk license plate lights i havn't gotten around to that yet but eventually i will, but doing all of these lights was fun and it was easy and it was totally worth the wait.
Got mine from Tec_Toyz as well on Ebay. Right now I only have the two doors, but I plan on getting a few more for the interior.

I too recomend him....
Old 01-14-2005, 10:59 AM
PTN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
PTN:
also PTN....i installed them i decided i like the blue look all around for the car, sorry man, i wish i coulda helped you out. trust me order them from the guy on ebay hes trusting and great to deal with.
thanks anyway dude. post some pic if you can of the finished interior so we could see how bright the blue lights actually are. maybe after seeing them i might do the same as you.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:30 AM
9th Gear

Arrow Tec_Toyz

Hello everyone, this is Tec_Toyz from eBay! I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you for the kind comments. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at tec_toyz@yahoo.com I can supply various pics of the colors and sizes as well as pricing.

I can also sell these off ebay at a slightly lower price since I will not have to pay auction and final value fees!

I'm not sure what the rules of this forum are, but I would possibly be interested in doing a group buy for everyone?

Keep in mind, when you buy from me, you will receive a lifetime warranty on all of my products. The other guys only offer a 30 day warranty which simply isn't long enough for problems to arise. I will replace these anytime you need a replacement, no questions asked. Simply ship me the defective bulb back and I will immediately ship out a replacement. I ship all of my items on a daily basis and offer super fast email support! It's worth paying a little extra for all this!

Thank you again for your support and I look forward to hearing from everyone soon!
Old 01-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I want to purchase a 9 LED set which will total 10 lights, in the hyper white color. How much can I expect that set to cost me if I dont use ebay?

2 of the lights are just 1 LED
Old 01-14-2005, 12:18 PM
9th Gear

Thumbs up

Hello, I will work up a price for you. Could you please break down which 10 lights you want? I'm not sure where the other 2 are going unless you are wanting reverse lights also?

I will figure up Non-eBay pricing for you guys! Paypal can still be used for payment though, unless you send Money Orders or Cashiers Checks, and this will save an additional $1.00 on all transactions since I will not have to pay Paypal fees.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 12:38 PM
PTN
Instructor

i sent you an email about pricing as well.

one question about the single LED's for the the console and glove box.
is the single white LED brighter than the stock bulb? i would want something slightly brighter as these lights are fairly dim.

anyone who put these in already could chime in as well.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:05 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by PTN
i sent you an email about pricing as well.

one question about the single LED's for the the console and glove box.
is the single white LED brighter than the stock bulb? i would want something slightly brighter as these lights are fairly dim.

anyone who put these in already could chime in as well.
Ok, I do not have access to email right now, but will promptly reply once I get home from work.

I'm not really sure about the brightness of the single LED lights. The white may be a little brighter but probably not much. LEDs tend to have a concentrated light beam, as where the factory bulbs glow in all directions. I hope this makes sense! I could try to install a white one in my TL and take before and after pics?

Thank you for your inquiry!
Old 01-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

I also bought LEDs for the front doors from Tec_Toyz. First Class product and customer service! Thumbs Up!
Old 01-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

lol...damn...i knew id miss some sort of light groupbuy type thing....ehh....anywho...the blue light in the center console is dimmer then the white stock bulbs....but the 9LED's are just as bright as the stock bulbs if not...brighter! the SUPER BRIGHT WHITE 9LED's are amazingly bright which is why i ordered them :-)
Old 01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

PTN i recommend u get more then just 2 for ur doors, because opening your doors with blues and ur dome lighting being white is wierd i looked at it for awhile it looks kinda wierd...just a thought...
Old 01-15-2005, 06:53 AM
2005 TL Owner

I finally got off my lazy ass and figured out how post pics. Here they are

Old 01-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great Pictures, I have a dark tint and I was thinking of going with the 9 LED whites but your pictures just made me change to the blues, looks great!
Old 01-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks vg but is it functional? can you read by the light or is that not an issue?
Old 01-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

you can read by the light fairly, but you have the flip down mirror lights
Old 01-16-2005, 12:05 AM
2005 TL Owner

Originally Posted by dashotgun
It looks vg but is it functional? can you read by the light or is that not an issue?
I suppose it depends on what you are tring to read and the quality of your vision. I see well in low light for decent sized text, but if it was really small it would be difficult.

Some people cannot see well in low light and will have difficulty. Maybe putting super white LED's in the vanity mirror lights would help.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Golf & Technology Addict

I bought all my lights from www.superbrightleds.com (I highly recommend them). I wanted something slick but not too bright and ricey, so I went with 6 LEDs on all my lights and I do NOT have any issues with them being too dim....they turned out awesome on my NBP with ebony.

I have blue ones in the doors, and white in the front and rear dome lights. I also have whites in the license plate light - which is a very sleek and unique look to an already unique looking car. The whites have a nice blue-ish tint to them anyway.

A tip on the license plate light changing: It is a pain in the butt to get the light assembly back in its mount. My hands aren't that small nor am I a contortionist. So I had to remove the trunk lid liner (remove the philips screw in the handle on the interior of the trunk lid, then remove the plastic push-in rivets to get it loosened) to get my hand behind the assembly to provide some backing support when putting them back in.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Advanced

Okay, I have white 6-LED license plate lights now! They do look unique!

Take my advice - go in from the inside! It's actually quite easy to take the trunk liner out and they swap the bulbs.

My tip: once you've changed the bulb, reconnect the plastic cap onto the car, then plug the bulb assembly into it from inside.

After spending an hour and a half trying to get the thing in from the outside, it only took about 10 minutes to get the liner out.

Now I just need the right backing light PIAA bulbs to arrive and then I'll put the liner back in. The wrong 7440 bulbs have been staring at me for a couple of weeks now.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Advanced

White 6-LED license plate bulbs picture

Here's my first attempt at posting a picture:

(Sorry if this doesn't work. If it doesn't, I'd appreciate help.)
Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Advanced

Another try with that picture

I think it's a little dim with the 6-LED bulbs, but it is cool!

Old 01-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ahhhh I'm so confused on what bulbs to buy lol...Currently, I have some white LED's in my car but they are too dim...so I'm looking to replace them but I'm not sure whether to go with the Blue or White...I have a SSM with Ebony...see, originally i went with the white because i felt that they matched with the sSM but blue has always been my favorite color!!! uffff confusion lol...

blue definitely looks cooler but white looks more classier...but for the license plate, i have to get white ones because i really don't want to get pulled over with the blue ones...

the pictures above are GREAT!!! would anyone have similar pictures but with the WHITE LED's??????

By the way, I've decided to get all 9LED bulbs...6 seems a little too dim for me...
Old 01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
9th Gear

Great Pictures!

Great pictures Angler! Would you mind if I used those for advertising? I have never seen pics turn out THAT good and I have alot of request for interior pictures like that. Are you using 6LED or 9LED bulbs? Thank you for posting pics!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

has anyone attempted to remove the trunk light or the vanity mirrors?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Advanced

I tried - not too hard - removing the trunk light without success this evening.

I changed my doors from blue 6 LEDs to 9 LEDs. You can't tell a big difference, I don't think.

There is a big difference, however, going from 6 white LEDs for the license plate to 9 LEDs. The 9s are much brighter and do a much better job.

Note, however, the different colours of white (I've sent a note off to Tec_Toys about it)
Old 01-19-2005, 12:15 AM
pps
Advanced

exact model numbers

Could someone please post the exact model numbers (or links) from www.superbrightleds.com for the 9 LED replacements for:

1) white, license plate
2) white, trunk
3) Overhead lights, Blue

thanks,
pps

I got screwed last time and ordered the wrong ones so any help would be appreciated....
Old 01-19-2005, 04:06 AM
2005 TL Owner

Originally Posted by Tec_Toyz
Great pictures Angler! Would you mind if I used those for advertising? I have never seen pics turn out THAT good and I have alot of request for interior pictures like that. Are you using 6LED or 9LED bulbs? Thank you for posting pics!
Those are 9 LED's.

I do not mind if you use them but keep the following in mind:

The funny thing about dark photography is that the high contrast creates a subjective mood and people's vision in such conditions vary greatly. I used a tripod and shutter speeds of 2-8 sec to get the shots the way I liked it.

I really did not try too many combinations as it wa 5AM and I hadn't gone to bed yet that night, but had the urge to post the pics.

They may be overstating the factual brightness, but it is hard to tell exactly because a camera shutter (eye) sees differenty than a human eye.

They look acurate to me. Along with what I said above, the longer I was in the pitch black dark, the brighter the lights feel like whn you first turn off the lights and cannot see anything, but your ryes soom adjust and you can then see things you couldn't 1 or more minutes earlier.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:53 AM
PTN
Instructor

Originally Posted by PeterGrant
I changed my doors from blue 6 LEDs to 9 LEDs. You can't tell a big difference, I don't think.

which one is 6LED and which one is 9LED? i can't really tell except maybe the top one seems a little brighter. are they really this close in brightness? the pics that Tec_Toyz posts on ebay show a big difference in brightness between the two. anyone care to comment?
Old 01-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Advanced

I could tell a bit of a difference between the 6 LED and 9 LED blue lights in the doors, but it wasn't that dramatic. I think 6 LEDs are enough there personally.

What made a huge difference was inside - the difference between the 6 LED ones I had in front and the 4 LED ones I had in back was very dramatic.

The 6 and 4 bulbs produced a cool moody light - but not a very usable light. The 9 LEDs make the cabin fairly bright - and provide plenty of light for reading.

The 9s from Tec_Toyz are a much purer white than the 6s from superbrightleds.com. At first, I almost felt it was too harsh, and so wasn't sure I was going to put them all in. I did, and will try it out for a while. There's really no blue in the light they produce.

Did anyone successfully change the light in the centre console? If so, how did you make the white disk go back on the socket and stay put? It seems like it doesn't want to be reused. I assume I'll need really small plyers to take the old bulb out and put the new one in. Its a very small thing and very awkward to get at.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Pro

The 9s from Tec_Toyz are a much purer white than the 6s from superbrightleds.com. At first, I almost felt it was too harsh, and so wasn't sure I was going to put them all in. I did, and will try it out for a while. There's really no blue in the light they produce.
Do you mean to say that you have used the "white LED's" in your car? I am really interested in finding out how the white led's look as opposed to the blue ones (pictured above). Would you by any chance have any pictures of the white led's installed in your car?

Thanks, in advance...
Old 01-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Cruisin'

Has anyone replaced their reverse lights with the leds? If so, is it much brighter than the oem ones? Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

I could tell a bit of a difference between the 6 LED and 9 LED blue lights in the doors, but it wasn't that dramatic. I think 6 LEDs are enough there personally.

What made a huge difference was inside - the difference between the 6 LED ones I had in front and the 4 LED ones I had in back was very dramatic.

The 6 and 4 bulbs produced a cool moody light - but not a very usable light. The 9 LEDs make the cabin fairly bright - and provide plenty of light for reading.

Did anyone successfully change the light in the centre console? If so, how did you make the white disk go back on the socket and stay put? It seems like it doesn't want to be reused. I assume I'll need really small plyers to take the old bulb out and put the new one in. Its a very small thing and very awkward to get at.
too answer your question about the center console, its the same as the glovebox light, i had trouble at first when i put them in, but its something that you have to deal with because its in a small space and its hard to get to, but i do not think you were suppose to take the white disk out, you were suppose to pull the light out of the light box....you are suppose to twist it off and pull and the light will come with it, its more of like putting a candle in a case.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Pro

Question

Anyone have similar pictures like the ones displayed above but with WHITE 9LED BULBS??? If you do, please post them...Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM
9th Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pps
Could someone please post the exact model numbers (or links) from www.superbrightleds.com for the 9 LED replacements for:

1) white, license plate
2) white, trunk
3) Overhead lights, Blue

thanks,
pps

I got screwed last time and ordered the wrong ones so any help would be appreciated....
PPS: Email me at tec_toyz@yahoo.com and I will take care of you. I know what you need and offer a lifetime warranty on all of my LEDs. Thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Advanced

I'll try to take pictures of white 9 LEDs - but I'm not sure my photographic equipment is up to it.

In the mean time let me try to blue light comparison again

Old 01-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

has anyone successfully changed the trunk and/or vanity lights?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:50 AM
2005 TL Owner

I did, but did not post a pic of that. The 1LED blue light is a bit long, really too long, but if you work it gently, you can get it back together tightly. One person posted that they broke or damaged the assembly trying to put it back together, so I took extra care.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:59 AM
2005 TL Owner

I'll try to take pictures of white 9 LEDs - but I'm not sure my photographic equipment is up to it.

In the mean time let me try to blue light comparison again
PeterGrant,

It will be hard to tell the difference wiith so much light in the picture. Is it from room lights or flash? You will need to have pitch black and use 2+ sec shutter speed. If you use the same speed for both pics (6 LED and 9 LED) you will find a point at which the difference is obvious.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:56 AM
PTN
Instructor

i think one reason it doesn't show much difference is because you want to show the light output as it shines on the side of your car with the door slightly ajar and in a dark environment as opposed to just the light behind the plastic cover. the real difference, or not much difference, should be evident when you look at the amount of light shone onto the side of the car. try that and see what happens. in my case, i want as much "glow effect" as possible along the side of the car when i open the door at night.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:42 AM
PTN
Instructor

Originally Posted by pps
1) white, license plate
2) white, trunk
3) Overhead lights, Blue
there are no 194 type 9LED's on that site.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Intermediate

I just purcahsed the LED blue for my 2003 Aegean blue TL from LEDautomotive. They should be here by next week I will post Pix. I bought the Dome, Map light, trunk, and door courtesy lights. The site gives you the correct size bulb to match with the existing bulbs. I checked the superbrightLED sight but it looked confusing as to what size bulb to get but the LEDautomotive gave the same products but is organized better.

Quick Reply: 9LED or 6LED