3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 tl vs. 04 c230 kompressor

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am referring to M/T not automatic, and I was also referring to a "stock" 99 TL-P.

Unless you have I/H/E/P the 99 is barely keeping up w/ that stock TL-S.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
check my sig and my 99's engine is as clean and efficient as they come, only use the best fluids and maintenance is a top priority. no problem keeping up with a tl-s or taking one, but if tl-s is modded of course I will lose. how much faster can a c230 MT be over a AT? not a full sec to 60 and probably not .5 either. it is not that fast of a car.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Low and Slow

Originally Posted by maynard420
Oh didn't see this one.

"I can't help but say that the Kompressor is a pretty crappy car. Sorry, couldn't help myself."

Well if you were standing next to me I'd have to say sorry I can't help myself and then kick your ass.

Anyway anything to back up your extremely general statement or are you just talking out your ass.

Only two people on here actually had any decency, thanks SatinSilverTypS and levon1830. All the rest of you are obviously very biased in your opinions. Never once did I say that Acuras are ugly, slow, crappy, girly, overpriced, pieces of crap; but you all felt it necessary to say that about my car. What a nice group of folks. My best friend had an Integra with NOS and about $15,000 worth of aftermarket equipment, no car has ever pinned me to the back of my seat like that car. It got stolen from him years ago, it even had remote start (the guys that stole that car knew what they were doing). The police found it a few weeks later striped to the core. Glad my Benz has a laser key and is nearly impossible to hot-wire. And with that I'll be leaving you now.

So, you'd kick my ass because you don't like my opinion? Some kind of twenty-eight year old man. Sounds like you're still in highschool. It's rediculous that I can't even voice an opinion about a car without you flaming me.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Burning Brakes

haven't read the whole htred , but just to let you know, the MB c230 is not that hot. Pride of ownership does NOT give it any more horsepower, torque, nor tail wind.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:07 AM
10th Gear

Smile

tommy020, At least I had the balls to come on an Acura board and defend my car, why don't you go to a Mercedes enthusiast board and talk your crap about how you smoke SL500's? Scared of the response you'll get, since you know you are full of crap.

Subswell I don't listen to any of that crap music you listed. I have a very diverse taste in music. I've got everything from Jimi Hendrix, Rush, AC/DC, CSNY, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles, to Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Easy-E, NWA, and Eminem, to Megadeth, Metallica, and Queensryche. And that just scratches the surface; my hard drive has 100 gigs of music on it, and no I don't pirate. Once again you prejudge me with your built in biases. And if you don't think my car would smoke you with the Renntech upgrade than you are the one smoking something. With that setup my car would have more horses, more torque over a longer band, and it's lighter; how exactly are you going to beat me unless you have a NOS system.

Thanks Edr0e. I searched for the '02 EVO stats it's less than 5 seconds from 0-60, I don't know what site I got the info from before, that said it was 6.5 seconds.

"So, you'd kick my ass because you don't like my opinion? Some kind of twenty-eight year old man. Sounds like you're still in highschool. It's rediculous that I can't even voice an opinion about a car without you flaming me."

You didn't exactly come off nice and I'm already listening to all these other people talk crap, what did you expect my response to be, gee thanks for the insult I haven't got enough yet. And check out sbuswells' post to me, I never once insulted him or his car yet he is saying "...and then kick your ass." Yes, I am the true asshole on this board all the rest of you have been so nice and open minded and shared your opinions in such a nice way, yeah right. Besides just a few people all of you have been complete asses.

"Pride of ownership does NOT give it any more horsepower, torque, nor tail wind."

Same can be said about an Acura or any other car.

Feel free to continue talking your crap on me, I have unsubscribed from this thread, since I will inevitably keep hearing the same B.S. over and over again.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:34 AM
WDP Is Faster

tommy020, At least I had the balls to come on an Acura board and defend my car, why don't you go to a Mercedes enthusiast board and talk your crap about how you smoke SL500's? Scared of the response you'll get, since you know you are full of crap.

Subswell I don't listen to any of that crap music you listed. I have a very diverse taste in music. I've got everything from Jimi Hendrix, Rush, AC/DC, CSNY, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles, to Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Easy-E, NWA, and Eminem, to Megadeth, Metallica, and Queensryche. And that just scratches the surface; my hard drive has 100 gigs of music on it, and no I don't pirate. Once again you prejudge me with your built in biases. And if you don't think my car would smoke you with the Renntech upgrade than you are the one smoking something. With that setup my car would have more horses, more torque over a longer band, and it's lighter; how exactly are you going to beat me unless you have a NOS system.

Thanks Edr0e. I searched for the '02 EVO stats it's less than 5 seconds from 0-60, I don't know what site I got the info from before, that said it was 6.5 seconds.

"So, you'd kick my ass because you don't like my opinion? Some kind of twenty-eight year old man. Sounds like you're still in highschool. It's rediculous that I can't even voice an opinion about a car without you flaming me."

You didn't exactly come off nice and I'm already listening to all these other people talk crap, what did you expect my response to be, gee thanks for the insult I haven't got enough yet. And check out sbuswells' post to me, I never once insulted him or his car yet he is saying "...and then kick your ass." Yes, I am the true asshole on this board all the rest of you have been so nice and open minded and shared your opinions in such a nice way, yeah right. Besides just a few people all of you have been complete asses.

"Pride of ownership does NOT give it any more horsepower, torque, nor tail wind."

Feel free to continue talking your crap on me, I have unsubscribed from this thread, since I will inevitably keep hearing the same B.S. over and over again.
What's the point in one of our members going into another board and bragging about how we smoke some other car. This is an Acura board so we keep that shit in here...and honestly, what do you expect when you come to an Acura board and try to defend your car. You said you'd never come back and so there was no point in replying to your post...so why come back? If you want attention, go somewhere else because the only thing that will happen here is flaming. I mean..you try to defend your car by posting wrong info and you whine about how you get flamed on...
Old 08-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo, go to my sig , look at my mods, then shut yourself, cause I am telling the truth. I will rape any stock SL500, S500, CL500.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At least you like some decent music. tool is a good band though. Look I got pissed because you said you would beat the shit out of another member on this forum and I am a big brother type and take offense to that so I reacted and that was not the mature thing to do. This thread needs to be closed because it is getting to be ridiculous and not about being an "enthusiast", but more as being a pig-headed retard. be that maynard420 or the rest of us. I love Acura's and would never buy an MB over one, but there are plenty that feel the opposite so who gives a flying fuck. let's all move on.