3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50K miles and Master Cylinder is bad ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
50K miles and Master Cylinder is bad ????

I usually wouldn't create a fuss about a mechanical failure but this car is driven in a sane manner and I take the utmost care mechanically and cosmetically. I took the car to Acura of Orange Park in Jacksonville FL, I explained the situation and 3hrs later I was given an estimate of 572.00 for replacement because I was 982miles past the 50,000mile warranty!!!! I work for BMW and we will goodwill a car for much more expensive repairs and considerably more mileage!!! So today Acura lost a customer. I can do this repair myself easily but that is pretty damn rediculous for a "luxury" car. I will be contacting Acura regional rep about it, but they will never ever get a score above kiss my ass on a survey should I choose to purchase another one.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Wow! That bites. I've had nothing but good service from that dealership. And I had a goodwill with my old TSX, but that was a very minor issue. Sorry they didn't come through for you. Have you tried going to Duval Acura? They may take care of you, worth a try.........
Old 11-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Intermediate

I have had good service in the past with my prior service rep Joe Elliot, but he has since left the dealership. I just got off the phone with Acura Corporate and they informed that they will contact the dealership and make the service manager call his field rep for resolution if he chooses not do it himself. I wouldn't be so mad about it had it not been a major issue (I think we can all agree that brakes are a major issue when they don't work properly). So now the waiting game begins.

I will be contacting Duvall tomorrow, I have a friend that's in good with the GM there, so hopefully they will help.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Normally the service Writer should talk to the Service MANAGER about the job, but some will try to get you to pay retail first--why not try and make a few hundred bucks towards their quota right? that is their real job- to make money

Call and speak with the SERVICE MANAGER, if that person wont call corp on your behalf to get some Goodwill , then its time to call customer care 1-800-382-2238x8
Ignore the operator there who says you are past warranty.. and ask for a real manager to call you back
Acura has a notorious problem with fast reading odometers~

Note to all- check the owner book about brake fluid flushing- it gets interpreted different by different readers- start sometime in year 3 is what the book says iirc
I suggest start after 2 years then every year
wiki hygroscopic for reason why
Old 11-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
yes thats the chain of command- service manager has a local acura rep they are supposed to deal with- corp doesnt want to have to step in

Note- on the surveys- all 10s is passing grade- anything less than perfect 10s is a failing grade to corp and those cards get read by important people
Let your writer and manager know that you are happy to do them right on the surveys if they can do you right on the goodwill--500 miles cmon!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Well, I hope Duval can help you.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Moderator

What year is your TL?

Check this out:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/warranty-extended-due-odometer-optimism-708752/
Old 11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraconvert
I usually wouldn't create a fuss about a mechanical failure but this car is driven in a sane manner and I take the utmost care mechanically and cosmetically. I took the car to Acura of Orange Park in Jacksonville FL, I explained the situation and 3hrs later I was given an estimate of 572.00 for replacement because I was 982miles past the 50,000mile warranty!!!! I work for BMW and we will goodwill a car for much more expensive repairs and considerably more mileage!!! So today Acura lost a customer. I can do this repair myself easily but that is pretty damn rediculous for a "luxury" car. I will be contacting Acura regional rep about it, but they will never ever get a score above kiss my ass on a survey should I choose to purchase another one.
I hope your not discouraged with Acura as a brand. It sounds like you just got all around bad service at that place and you did right by letting the members on here know, so that the members from Fl. can stay away from that place. I've worked in the service department at an Acura dealership from 06-08, and usually the service department will absolutely help someone thats 982 miles out of factory warranty. The place I worked for would actually help people that were 1000's of mile out of warranty if they were a good service customer. Its as simple as the writer calling the acura rep and getting good will authorization. Thats the ticket to getting things after your out of warranty with Acura. Service at the dealer. And try to do all of your service. Thats the secret. You can get really good service with Acura. Maybe not the level of BMW, ofcourse thats why BMW cost a bit more. I'd stay away from that place you went to though. Please don't be discouraged as an Acura owner/customer and good luck to you.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I excelence!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go up the ladder...thats what i did at the honda dealership when my clutch and flywheel failed 2weeks after i purchased the car. i ended up talking to the owner of the dealership and he agreed to fix it for a 100 dollar deductible.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for all the replies and advice, I called the southeast 800 number last night. The service tech informed me that if the dealership wouldn't call their field rep then to call them back and we would initiate the call from corporate (I was impressed with the help the customer attitude over this as I felt they actually understood the issue). With that being said I'm still going to contact our other Acura dealership at Duvall, the main reason I am going to bypass them was the "attitude" about the whole situation for a couple of reasons 1) I have never given them anything other than a 10 on survey's for the 3 previous visits for warranty issues 2) Even though I can do anything they can I still take it to them for tire balance and rotations etc. as I feel it helps our local service departments and being in the industry I will do what I can that doesn't affect my wallet to greatly. Quite honestly they could have sold me a V6 TSX with the tech pkg last night had this not been an issue.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Intermediate

Update, Duvall Acura is asking me to bring the car to them and they will take care of it!!!! I cannot say enough about the effort on their side. I am impressed to say the least, they may be 30mi from my house but they have a new loyal customer.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Awesome news!! Well worth the drive. Keep the faith!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Instructor

thats one thing i never understood... why would one dealship pull i will be an ahole and see what happens move? they arent selling one of a kind anything... there is another dealership not too far away and not to mention there is this magical device called the phone and call acura hq and they jump and try to make you happy...(so far)
so far i have been taken cared by all the dealership i have been to... was annoyed with one but i guess it was my fault for not asking how much an oil change cost but come on 120bucks for a simple oil change?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

Received an email from Duval Acura parts that my VSS / ABS pump had been ordered and would be delivered over night!!!!!!!! 2 seconds later I get a call from the service department that it would be ready tomorrow evening!!!!!!!!!! WOW - can you say on top of it! So not only did the first dealership treat me the wrong way but they were off on their diag and would have been happy to charge for a repair that probably would not have worked. A TSB that covers my issue was evident and the tech at Duvall caught the issue, so to say the least I am as happy as a customer can be (even without a loaner - they were out) and will surely use them as much as possible in the future.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Wow! Duval Acura is really taking care of you! That's great. You'll be back in your TL before you know it.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:41 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 11-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Wow! Duval Acura is really taking care of you! That's great. You'll be back in your TL before you know it.
Never thought I would miss my Daily Driver that much and now I see a billion TL's on the road and it makes me miss mine LOL. Hopefully it will be done later this afternoon.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Keep us informed.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Intermediate

Picked it up last night after work, car is working perfectly!!! Duval Acura FTW!