Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3GTL CAD Data

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:11 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3GTL CAD Data

Hello all, I will (likely) be purchasing an '04 TL tomorrow which I am pretty excited about (I went from a CL Type-S to an Odyssey...time to have some fun again). It got me to thinking it would be nice to have a 3D model of the car to plan and visualize any projects I would have in mind, although with two kids it's not likely I will actually do any of them.
I searched through the forums and noticed several users work with Solidworks or other CAD software and was curious if anybody out there had started a project to make a virtual TL. Even better, if anybody somehow already has one (maybe you happen to be the lead engineer at Acura).
I would love to get ahold of some prints or, perhaps start the task of drawing a TL. It would take a while, particularly given that I am most comfortable with solids and the body would best be done with with surfaces and lofted splines.
Anyway, wanted to get a feel for what is out there or if anybody had a similar thought.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 406 Likes on 317 Posts
I doubt anyone at Acura would be able to give you what you're looking for.

Best thing to do I think would be to go onto the OEM parts website and examine the major diagrams.