AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   The 3G Ramblings & General Discussion Thread (Trois) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-ramblings-general-discussion-thread-trois-925929/)

polobunny 03-19-2015 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15372742)

Supercharged 2.0L Miata? Yours?

ALSO, ex-GF didn't get her period in 5 days now. Probably stress, but... :what:

TacoBello 03-19-2015 01:21 PM

yeah, that's mine.

and hey, I hear the TL makes for a perfect baby hauler. Now if she is prego, would that constitute a get-back-together? Because confusing as fuck now.

Yumcha 03-19-2015 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 15372746)
Take ME to jail...!!!

No. You're not wacist enough.

polobunny 03-19-2015 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15372763)
yeah, that's mine.

and hey, I hear the TL makes for a perfect baby hauler. Now if she is prego, would that constitute a get-back-together? Because confusing as fuck now.

Didn't know it was a SC one. That's nice, bit more torquey than stock 2.0L. :toocool:

And no, that would not mean get back together. That would mean she would not be having a baby.

Flipster23 03-19-2015 01:24 PM

Ehhh she will be fine. She's not preggerz...

Flipster23 03-19-2015 01:25 PM

I remember when I found out with my wife she was preggerz with the 2nd....

:what:

When, how did ohhhhhhhhhhh yea nvm..

TacoBello 03-19-2015 01:26 PM

I didn't think the Miata was all that fast. Sporty, but not fast. And then I got back into my 6MT TL.

Holy boat, batman.

The TL feels like a riding lazyboy couch. Steering feels anemic. Suspension feels soft as hell. Seat position feels like sitting in a minivan. Acceleration is wheelchair slow.

J, I have no idea how you're able to keep driving the TL after owning 2 S2ks now, lol. Goddayum.

Flipster23 03-19-2015 01:26 PM

I've been through the scare back in my single days. Bitch talking about she might be pregnant. Had a scare though 2 years ago, looking through FB. Girl I messed with had a mixed baby asian and black about 5 years old I started doing the math and almost shit my pants.

polobunny 03-19-2015 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Flipster23 (Post 15372772)
Ehhh she will be fine. She's not preggerz...

I'm pretty sure it's just stress and whatnot, but she's still sketched out.

Also she went through an abortion before with her ex pretty much in the same circumstances. He was leaving her and 1 week after she realized she was pregnant... Not exactly cool.

Originally Posted by Flipster23 (Post 15372775)
I remember when I found out with my wife she was preggerz with the 2nd....

:what:

When, how did ohhhhhhhhhhh yea nvm..

Yeah that's the thing. Things have been not so good for a while so sexual life had took its toll. Getting pregnant while having less sex than usual sounds lucky/unlucky.

Yumcha 03-19-2015 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372757)

Well, unless you two were :banana:-ing without birth control, I am wagering it is stress since you guys just recently split.

Emotional roller-coasters can do a number on their schedules.

polobunny 03-19-2015 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15372777)
I didn't think the Miata was all that fast. Sporty, but not fast. And then I got back into my 6MT TL.

Holy boat, batman.

The TL feels like a riding lazyboy couch. Steering feels anemic. Suspension feels soft as hell. Seat position feels like sitting in a minivan. Acceleration is wheelchair slow.

J, I have no idea how you're able to keep driving the TL after owning 2 S2ks now, lol. Goddayum.

I'm pretty sure it's still slower than the TL by any means, but that's exactly the feeling I had sitting in my TL then driving my mom 99 Civic. Like that thing is a freaking cart compared to a TL, so it definitely gives you the feeling you're much faster than you actually are.

Originally Posted by Flipster23 (Post 15372779)
I've been through the scare back in my single days. Bitch talking about she might be pregnant. Had a scare though 2 years ago, looking through FB. Girl I messed with had a mixed baby asian and black about 5 years old I started doing the math and almost shit my pants.

:chuckle: That would have sucked. Flipster23... YOU ARE THE FATHER

polobunny 03-19-2015 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Yumcha (Post 15372783)
Well, unless you two were :banana:-ing without birth control, I am wagering it is stress since you guys just recently split.

Emotional roller-coasters can do a number on their schedules.

She has a copper IUD (not hormonal) since that was one of her attempt to see if it would help her mood swings/bi-polarity.

Didn't change anything, but apparently was not fun getting put in.

TacoBello 03-19-2015 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372768)
Didn't know it was a SC one. That's nice, bit more torquey than stock 2.0L. :toocool:

The Miata is entirely built- it never came SC from the factory.

• Built rear differential, also changed from 4.1:1 to 3.6:1.
  • Cosworth Supercharger kit installed by Flyin' Miata and tuned/retuned/retuned again by Dynotronics
  • Goodwin Racing header and Flyin' Miata exhaust
  • Upgraded air intake, although I don't remember which
  • Upgraded cooling system
  • Bilstein PSS10 coilovers
  • Numerous chassis and engine braces
  • MazdaSpeed front and rear sway bars
  • Weds Wheels TC-005 forged wheels
  • Slotted rotors with EBC pads and ATE Blue fluid
  • AutoExe steering wheel
  • Focal speakers (all 6)
  • still riding on the stock clutch, however I have a spare upgraded one sitting around for when the time comes.
Plus the car is the GT version with Track Package, so it has HIDs stock, as well as an LSD, power retractable hard top, etc, etc.

TacoBello 03-19-2015 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372787)
I'm pretty sure it's still slower than the TL by any means, but that's exactly the feeling I had sitting in my TL then driving my mom 99 Civic. Like that thing is a freaking cart compared to a TL, so it definitely gives you the feeling you're much faster than you actually are.

No, I'm quite positive it is much faster, lol. It's putting down 260hp/215lbft at the wheels. So likely 285-290hp at the crank.

That, and it's 1000 pounds lighter than the TL.

polobunny 03-19-2015 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15372798)
The Miata is entirely built- it never came SC from the factory.

• Built rear differential, also changed from 4.1:1 to 3.6:1.
  • Cosworth Supercharger kit installed by Flyin' Miata and tuned/retuned/retuned again by Dynotronics
  • Goodwin Racing header and Flyin' Miata exhaust
  • Upgraded air intake, although I don't remember which
  • Upgraded cooling system
  • Bilstein PSS10 coilovers
  • Numerous chassis and engine braces
  • MazdaSpeed front and rear sway bars
  • Weds Wheels TC-005 forged wheels
  • Slotted rotors with EBC pads and ATE Blue fluid
  • AutoExe steering wheel
  • Focal speakers (all 6)
  • still riding on the stock clutch, however I have a spare upgraded one sitting around for when the time comes.
Plus the car is the GT version with Track Package, so it has HIDs stock, as well as an LSD, power retractable hard top, etc, etc.

I'm aware it never came SC from the factory, simply stating as "SC one" since it's a popular mod. For a reason. That's gonna be a fun summer car. How much did it run you?

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15372801)
No, I'm quite positive it is much faster, lol. It's putting down 260hp/215lbft at the wheels. So likely 285-290hp at the crank.

That, and it's 1000 pounds lighter than the TL.

I stand corrected. Weeeeeeeeeee :tomato:

Jamie's 08 TL 03-19-2015 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372757)

:bigeek:

polobunny 03-19-2015 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie's 08 TL (Post 15372812)
:bigeek:

The plot thickens!

04WDPSeDaN 03-19-2015 02:03 PM

Nice car TacoBello! Love that it's supercharged. Congrats J on the S!! I was going to tag you in a facebook post, my friend in NJ was selling his S that looked exactly like the one you sold.

GKinColo08TL 03-19-2015 02:05 PM

:gheyhug: Hi boys...did ya'll kiss (toss salad) and make up?

GKinColo08TL 03-19-2015 02:07 PM

Jeremy...congrats on the car, I guess since you got the house you're throwing financial caution out the window!

TacoBello 03-19-2015 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372809)
I'm aware it never came SC from the factory, simply stating as "SC one" since it's a popular mod. For a reason. That's gonna be a fun summer car. How much did it run you?

I stand corrected. Weeeeeeeeeee :tomato:

18k all in. Also got all the factory parts as well as a whole bunch of random stuff with the car (like fitted luggage for the trunk, a 1:18 model of the car, etc) except for the OEM wheels. I'm sad he sold them off, but I'm looking for a set to show up for sale here.

Also, the car is documented as being #1 of 16 (with paper work) custom built by Mazda Canada for the 2007 model year. The previous owner, being president of the provincial Miata club here, got a bunch of guys together to petition Mazda into making the dark blue exterior (amongst a couple other colours) available with the saddle brown interior which Mazda didn't offer in that year.

Another cool thing is on the inside of the trunk lid, the car was signed by the lead project engineer from Japan- He was in Canada for some reason- he ended up being at one of the club events for whatever reason. He put the date down right beside his signature- Just so happens that the date he signed it also lands on my birthday, lol. It's like it was meant to be. :love:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...2c32f78e3f.jpg

Price may seem steep to the US boys, but completely stock GT Miatas with the track package are going for the same price, with the only difference being they have about 25,000km less on them. Since Miatas are known to be bullet-proof, I figured all the goodies was worth the slightly higher mileage, the majority of which is all highway kms since he drove the car all over Canada/US.

rockstar143 03-19-2015 02:30 PM

Adam, congrats...and thank you, and you're right as hell. I have a hard time driving anything but the S, same a year ago. only occassionally for looks from people, bass, a little more torque...:toocool: TL still gets it.

Hey...buys Miata, immediately gets ornery. Something to share with us? :ghey:

Gary :hug: We miss you. Thanks, man.
Thanks players...very much. I ain't buyin no stinkin Jersey S!!! :precious:

polobunny 03-19-2015 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBello (Post 15372835)
18k all in. Also got all the factory parts as well as a whole bunch of random stuff with the car (like fitted luggage for the trunk, a 1:18 model of the car, etc) except for the OEM wheels. I'm sad he sold them off, but I'm looking for a set to show up for sale here.

Also, the car is documented as being #1 of 16 (with paper work) custom built by Mazda Canada for the 2007 model year. The previous owner, being president of the provincial Miata club here, got a bunch of guys together to petition Mazda into making the dark blue exterior (amongst a couple other colours) available with the saddle brown interior which Mazda didn't offer in that year.

Another cool thing is on the inside of the trunk lid, the car was signed by the lead project engineer from Japan- He was in Canada for some reason- he ended up being at one of the club events for whatever reason. He put the date down right beside his signature- Just so happens that the date he signed it also lands on my birthday, lol. It's like it was meant to be. :love:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...2c32f78e3f.jpg

Price may seem steep to the US boys, but completely stock GT Miatas with the track package are going for the same price, with the only difference being they have about 25,000km less on them. Since Miatas are known to be bullet-proof, I figured all the goodies was worth the slightly higher mileage, the majority of which is all highway kms since he drove the car all over Canada/US.

That's pretty cool. I missed how many km is on it, but you're right the Miata is pretty bullet proof. :)

polobunny 03-19-2015 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 15372849)
Adam, congrats...and thank you, and you're right as hell. I have a hard time driving anything but the S, same a year ago. only occassionally for looks from people, bass, a little more torque...:toocool: TL still gets it.

Hey...buys Miata, immediately gets ornery. Something to share with us? :ghey:

Gary :hug: We miss you. Thanks, man.
Thanks players...very much. I ain't buyin no stinkin Jersey S!!! :precious:

Buys Miata, gets sand in his vagina. :bitelip:

hehehe

rockstar143 03-19-2015 02:31 PM

PB, did you really just break up with the girl because she didn't want kids, then immediately jump to shmushmorshion as a solution if it turns out she's pregs now?
:scratch:

thoiboi 03-19-2015 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372818)
The plot thickens!

It's stress. You're fine.

polobunny 03-19-2015 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 15372854)
PB, did you really just break up with the girl because she didn't want kids, then immediately jump to shmushmorshion as a solution if it turns out she's pregs now?

She does not want kids, and does not want to get pregnant. She pretty much doesn't like kids.
I don't want kids with someone who doesn't want kids... Catch my drift?

If there's something I learned in life is that you can't force someone to be happy.

Flipster23 03-19-2015 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372859)
She does not want kids, and does not want to get pregnant. She pretty much doesn't like kids.
I don't want kids with someone who doesn't want kids... Catch my drift?

If there's something I learned in life is that you can't force someone to be happy.

Ya damn skippy.

thoiboi 03-19-2015 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372859)

If hypothetically she were pregnant then, wouldn't she just have another abortion? There's no chance she's gonna keep it right?

rockstar143 03-19-2015 02:40 PM

kids don't make people happy? :snicker:

Majofo 03-19-2015 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372768)
And no, that would not mean get back together. That would mean she would not be having a baby.

You stick a coat hanger in her, I stick a cactus up yours.

polobunny 03-19-2015 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Flipster23 (Post 15372865)
Ya damn skippy.

I know right.

Originally Posted by thoiboi (Post 15372866)
If hypothetically she were pregnant then, wouldn't she just have another abortion? There's no chance she's gonna keep it right?

She mentioned the abortion, not me. Although I am inclined to agree with her it seems like the good solution. I'm not "happy" about this, and neither is she... abortion isn't fun or games, but raising kids with a mom that doesn't want them and split from their dad or something similar doesn't sound better.

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 15372868)
kids don't make people happy? :snicker:

Depends for who. :thumbsup: Kids would make me happy. I like kids. My sister has twins, my beautiful stainless steel fridge side is plastered with pictures of them and IDGAF. :)

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 15372869)
You stick a coat hanger in her, I stick a cactus up yours.

Rusty cactus? That has to be on urbandictionary.

rockstar143 03-19-2015 03:01 PM

I was a step dad for 6 years...I didn't like kids per se, but I loved them in the end.

I hated kids after losing them and her...but now, I would embrace it.

Odd.

Yumcha 03-19-2015 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by polobunny (Post 15372818)
The plot thickens!

Thickened with extra corn starch!

polobunny 03-19-2015 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 15372909)
I was a step dad for 6 years...I didn't like kids per se, but I loved them in the end.

I hated kids after losing them and her...but now, I would embrace it.

Odd.

Yeah... I don't think she's at that level yet, if any time. :(

Originally Posted by Yumcha (Post 15372924)
Thickened with extra corn starch!

WHITE corn starch. :bitelip:

rockstar143 03-19-2015 03:16 PM

Bakin Soda? You got bakin soda?

Majofo 03-19-2015 03:17 PM

J's towels are heavily starched

rockstar143 03-19-2015 03:19 PM

Hell yes...last little league game, the kids forgot bats. Luckily I had a duffel bag full of towels in the trunk. Worked like a charm!

Majofo 03-19-2015 03:23 PM

Aren't you supposed to stay away from kids.. :ponder:

https://i.imgur.com/xgHnX.gif

TacoBello 03-19-2015 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 15372854)

"I'm not going to tell you what to do, but it rhymes with Shmushmorshion"

:rofl: