Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 visits to service in 7 days?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
3 visits to service in 7 days?

So I took my car into the dealership last Tuesday to repair the 3rd brake light. 2 bulbs didn't turn on while the other 2 did. I get the car back the same day and on Wednesday noticed that the cruise control wouldn't work. The main on/off worked but it won't SET. Thank god at least it won't SET and not it won't CANCEL. Took the car in on Friday through all this pouring rain. My service adviser told me that the mechanic must have forgotten to set the brake switch with the cruise control. The brake controls not only the brake lights but also the cruise control. It thought that when I wanted to activate the cruise, I was hitting my brakes :P. So anyways I get the car back on Friday night and drove back home through all the rain. Parked it in my garage and partied like a rock star playing Rock Band for PS3 with some friends.

All of a sudden I hear my car's alarm going off in my garage. I went to check on it and nothing was touching it or anything. So I unlocked and relocked the car and went back upstairs. 20 mins later, the alarm goes off again. I repeated those steps 2 more times. So now my car's unlocked sitting in my garage. I called the service adviser this morning and he says that it may be that alot of water got into the driver side door and the actuator that controls the alarm may have shorted out or something. Now I've gotta take the car in on Monday to get it serviced again.

Has this alarm thing happened to anyone else?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Similar problem fixed

I might have had the same problem as you. My alarm began to go off when it was raining outside. The first thing I notice when I turned off the alarm and started the car was the air conditioning did not work. I drove straight to the dealership and notice other systems were not working, pwr seats, radio, turn signals, washers, etc. Some things worked others did not.

The dealer kept the car several days so they could order a new fuse box. They said there was a leak in the front windshield and found water in the fuse box. They ordered a multiplex unit on the driver side.

They also took out the windshield and sealed it up. I have a 2006 TL/nav, this happening about 6 months after I bought the car new with no accidents.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:09 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I've only had my alarm go off during thunder/lightening storms. Weirdest shit ever. Happened when I was driving once too.