Originally posted by Skeedatl
The imagestation pic

thanks dude..that looks sweeet.....
Old 03-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 245-40-19 fit like a glove!!!

Originally posted by BLACK VELVET
Well boys, I just bolted on my new set of wheels and tires. I went with 19" chrome plated Diablo Vienna's. They are wrapped with 245-40-19 Toyo's. They fit real nice, no gaps so no need for lowering. There is NO RUBBING what so ever!!

Let me tell you, they ride REAL nice! I am very happy with them. I honestly could not tell the difference between them and the stock setup when it comes to ride quality. They ride soft, quite, and smooth. Easy turning, and I don't feel the road, or hear it.

I had the same wheels, but with 235-35-19's on my 03 Accord (nitto brand tire) but they rode like crap. I could feel every bump in the road, and they were LOUD! I felt like I was riding on rubberbands.

I would like to post some pictures, but I am new, and don't know how to. Also the gallery seems like it never works. Any help!

2004 TL / Black on Black / Navigation / Tint / 245-40-19's
The rolling diameter is now larger than it was before...

So your speedo won't read correctly...And that can cause other problems, since the vehicle's PCM (computer) relies on (accurate) speed data when making various adjustments.

The car will also be slower, mainly because you effectively raised (numerically lowered) the final drive ratio...

And of course those big wheels/tires are heavier and increase the frontal area of the car (as well as the vehicles rolling resistance).

I don't understand why anyone would want to do things like that to such a nice, new car.

Old 03-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Pro

Re: Re: 245-40-19 fit like a glove!!!

Originally posted by harddrivin1le
The rolling diameter is now larger than it was before...

So your speedo won't read correctly...And that can cause other problems, since the vehicle's PCM (computer) relies on (accurate) speed data when making various adjustments.

The car will also be slower, mainly because you effectively raised (numerically lowered) the final drive ratio...

And of course those big wheels/tires are heavier and increase the frontal area of the car (as well as the vehicles rolling resistance).

I don't understand why anyone would want to do things like that to such a nice, new car.

With all due respect hard...SO WHAT? it's his car, his money....and he's happy....

ryan calling for back up.....i'm just sick and tired of you getting on everyone's case....don't you have anything better to do rather than being so judgemental and so...argh! ......

Old 03-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Re: 245-40-19 fit like a glove!!!

Originally posted by rynpamn21
With all due respect hard...SO WHAT? it's his car, his money....and he's happy....

ryan calling for back up.....i'm just sick and tired of you getting on everyone's case....don't you have anything better to do rather than being so judgemental and so...argh! ....
I don't think he was aware of those adverse effects before he did that.

Now he is.

Nowhere did I "judge" the guy.

How "happy" will he be if the car starts running poorly because the computer "thinks" the car is going slower than it actually is and adjusts engine and tranny (with an automatic) parameters accordingly?

ABS and VSC operation may even be adversely impacted as a result of the larger tires....
Old 03-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by rynpamn21
He (and anyone else) who installs tires that are larger in diameter than the orginals also needs to install something like this (IF it's available for the TL) in order to prevent the problems decribed therein (in addition to those that aren't).

http://www.ttora-ne.com/old_site/tto...peed_speed.htm

"Finally, a speed sensor calibrator has arrived that addresses the needs of computer-controlled vehicles running larger or smaller than stock diameter tires. The Superlift TruSpeed calibrator installs in line with the speed sensor and recalibrates the signal sent to the computer. Because the signal is recalibrated at its source, speedometer reading, ABS functions, and transmission shift points are all corrected to work with the non-stock tire size.

92-00 Tacoma; 93-00 Landcruiser, 4Runner; 00-01 Tundra
Priced at $163