Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 TL with noisy rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 TL with noisy rear suspension

I have an '05 TL that started that noise at 3,000 miles. (I now have 32,000 miles)I took it to the dealer with about 12,000 miles on it after 1 year and was told it was normal. Then Acura Corporate called to ask me how the service was on a 1 to 10 scale. I told them it was a 3. The next morning I got a call from the service manager who wanted to know why I slammed him. I told him not fixing the problem was one thing and giving me BS about it being normal was another. I thought I was through with that dealer (West Chester Acura in PA).

Today I did a search on 'noise' on this site to see if I was the only one with this problem. This seems to be fairly prevalent.

I just got off the phone with Acura Client Services and they opened up a case # for this, and told to make another appointment. I was told that the dealer 'has to diagnose the problem'. So I will be back at the dealer until this is issue is resolved. Now, the dealer will be dealing with me from a very different position.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Well, when the dealer saw Comptech RSB (I think they saw a way out of this), they want me to bring in the original RSB and swap it out, to see if the noise is still there. I think they are going to try and blame this on the Comptech RSB by saying it put additional stress on the shocks.

I remember something to the effect that Acura approves Comptech aftermarket parts and Acura will still honor the warranty with Comptech aftermarket parts.

Does this sound correct (Acura honoring the warranty with Comptech parts) or am I off-base here?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
acura doesnt care if u use comptech only becuz they know of it and that doesnt really make a difference. usually the weird noises that come from the rear are due to worn bushings.... i had all my bushings front n rear changed.... you ask me F**K westchester acura...... go to manhattan acura the service there is phenomenal PM me ill give u more info about who to talk to and how to go about it. If youd like some help.