2004 TL Turn Signal FLASHER AUDIO

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 02:12 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 TL Turn Signal FLASHER AUDIO

A New Member of this group asking!
----- Just an Old Man that is in love with his 2004 ACURA TL-----

I am hard of hearing and some time forget to cancel the turn signals when merging etc. I would like to replace the existing blinker with a louder one. (If there is one that can be replaced ) The reason I say "if there is one" is because in the wiring diagram for the turn signal circuit in the service manual it does not show a plug in blinker can?

In the old days one could buy a LOUD blinker (two contact) and simply pull the old blinker and replace with the replacement LOUD version. These LOUD replacements were sold at Checker Auto parts, JC Whitney, Pep Boys etc.

Can anyone tell me if there is a replaceable blinker unit? If not then is there a way to make the turn Signal indicator louder maybe by wiring in a Radio Shack Piezo Buzzer, or other sound device with not much more than a minor modification.

I would appreciate your input, advice and help.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
2005 Acura TL

autozone sell louder flasher relays. I came across them online at www.autozone.com also try partsamerica.com.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Racer

Are your eyes going out too?

Cause there's like a big blinking green arrow pointing which direction you intended to go.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by onsknth

Cause there's like a big blinking green arrow pointing which direction you intended to go.
That's a good point but that requires looking down to see and a lot of people don't (if the noise wasn't there or couldn't hear it I am sure you would forget from time to time too). He asked a genuine question and I am not sure that your comment wasn't necessary. My grandpa has the same problem and, believe it or not, GM came up with a solution (it's on his Suburban). If you leave the blinker on for more than a minute (could be a little more but no more than 2 minutes) the sound associated with the blinker gets quite loud - he loves it.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:18 PM
6th Gear

Exclamation

Hey there smart A-S. NICE REPLY to a very real problem. You see I watch the ROAD when driving, Don't you? Also Maybe my 24 years listening to jet engines while flying for the USAF has something to do with it! And Yea my eyes, JUST like your manners are bad also.

Joe
Old 12-16-2007, 05:25 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by proudacuraownr
autozone sell louder flasher relays. I came across them online at www.autozone.com also try partsamerica.com.
Thanks. But my question is---does the 04 TL have a replaceable blinker since it is not shown on the circuit diagram.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but wanted to thank you for your service in the USAF.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by blueracer17
I don't have an answer to your question, but wanted to thank you for your service in the USAF.
Thanks but: Beleive me it was a pleasure to be a member of the USAF! (bad hearing and eyes and all)
Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts

nice one, you loser!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Car Guy

Hi Joe and welcome to Acurazine Forums!

On page 22-199 in the Acura TL service manual they show a plug in turn signal/hazard relay flasher. It looks to be an electronic type. I don't imagine that it would be easy to find a plug in replacement that would be louder. It in the underdash fuse block on the top right. You will need to remove the LH kick panel under dash to see it.

You might want to look into a little beeper or buzzer that can be wired into one of the 12v output wires from the flasher.

Some of the electronics stores like bg micro have little beeper type speakers like these that could be wired in:

http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?Pag...OD&ProdID=9098

Hope this helps and thanks for serving!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Race Director

Wow I have always thought the opposite that I hate that sound. However if you want to make it louder I am sure it can be done I mean there is just something in the dash that makes the clicking sound so I guess if you can find that that and replace it.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
x2
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLJOEO
Hey there smart A-S. NICE REPLY to a very real problem. You see I watch the ROAD when driving, Don't you? Also Maybe my 24 years listening to jet engines while flying for the USAF has something to do with it! And Yea my eyes, JUST like your manners are bad also.

Joe
I'm a pilot as well... Scanning guages shouldn't be an issue.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
^^^It's evident you have no respect/couth/manners, so I'll give you a hint...a better second reply would've been an apology.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Old 12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Pro

What do you fly Mr. onsknth? Just curious. The guy asked an honest question, if you don't have a constructive reply keep your arrogant trap shut.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
What do you fly Mr. onsknth? Just curious. The guy asked an honest question, if you don't have a constructive reply keep your arrogant trap shut.
Did I log on to a Bizarro world version of Acurazine? As far as I can tell, comedic/non, constructive/off topic posts are the norm, not the exception.

Some of you are getting waaaay too serious on this guy.

if you don't have a constructive reply keep your arrogant trap shut

by the way, in what way is your post constructive? Or is it do as I say, not as I do?
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TzarChasm
Did I log on to a Bizarro world version of Acurazine? As far as I can tell, comedic/non, constructive/off topic posts are the norm, not the exception.

Some of you are getting waaaay too serious on this guy.

if you don't have a constructive reply keep your arrogant trap shut

by the way, in what way is your post constructive? Or is it do as I say, not as I do?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Cruisin'

x3!
Old 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
While we are at this, if you guys find the relay itself that makes the noise, can you post a picture of it so i know where it is?

And also, that chiming thingy when the door is open or seatbelt is not on, I would love to mute it.

Joe, how is the progress going, did you find what you were looking for?

I can only imagine how slow you must think the TL is after flying fighter jets, lol!

Wish you all the best, and happy holidays!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:37 PM
6th Gear

I'm a pilot as well... Scanning guages shouldn't be an issue.
Hello ONSKNTH ---You just couldn't let it go could you!

This will be my last post in this thread but I just can't let this so called "pilot"
tell me about "Scanning gUages"

You see Mr. ONSKNTH my "pilot" friend it is gages not "gaUges"

But putting that aside for now. Son, when YOU (@ 39 years old) were looking at the inside of your baby crib ---- (1968 or so)---- I was looking out of my aircraft windows at the lovely countryside of Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia during my second tour to South East Asia, and not the inside of a Nursery Room.

Grow up-- and maybe we will talk more when you become an adult

Mr. Moderator please close this thread!

I am tired of this jerk.

Joe
Old 12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Joe,

pay them no mind, keep this thread running, it is quite interesting, maybe I will learn something about this clicking relay. It will be nice to modify or customize the sound itself.

Come to think of it, when you were flying in nam, I was swimming around, lol!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLJOEO
Hello ONSKNTH ---You just couldn't let it go could you!

This will be my last post in this thread but I just can't let this so called "pilot"
tell me about "Scanning gUages"

You see Mr. ONSKNTH my "pilot" friend it is gages not "gaUges"

But putting that aside for now. Son, when YOU (@ 39 years old) were looking at the inside of your baby crib ---- (1968 or so)---- I was looking out of my aircraft windows at the lovely countryside of Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia during my second tour to South East Asia, and not the inside of a Nursery Room.

Grow up-- and maybe we will talk more when you become an adult

Mr. Moderator please close this thread!

I am tired of this jerk.

Joe
You're the one getting all huffy and then to have the gall to start cryin/looking for sympathy being a retired "flyboy" and all. Because some guy called you out on big flashing green arrows.

But in your own words... You're not only deaf, but you're blind too! My 90 YO granny prolly could kick your feable ass.... A definite menace to the road, no doubt!

Prolly the same fugger I run into last night stopped 500 yards before any intersection on a 50MPH road in the LEFT LANE with a right turn signal on that took a left u-turn instead ---- >>> ACROSS A DOUBLE YELLOW!

He looked about 70, deaf and dumb too.

Finally... The childness of the internet really shines when you start trying to be the "grammar police." The shameless self promoter that you are just couldn't let a spelling typo go...

I've been to school, and unlike you we learned the proper way to gAUge things...

gage Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[geyj] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, gaged, gag·ing.
–noun

1. something, as a glove, thrown down by a medieval knight in token of challenge to combat.
2. Archaic. a challenge.
3. Archaic. a pledge or pawn; security.
–verb (used with object) 4. Archaic. to pledge, stake, or wager.

I hardly see anything in the above to indicate the use of INSTRUMENTS (proper term, gauge is actually loose)???

Please excuse the fact I can type without looking at the keyboard and occasionally mis a key or make an error... Afterall, I'm not sitting here with a magnafying glass or OWL credit card punching fingers with my index finger.

Whaddayagotsaynow? Flyboy!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Race Director

Hey Joe,

That must really hurt coming from a 75-hour C-152 pilot. Thanks for your service! I've got 22 years, 2 months and about 5000 hours (B-52) in the AF. His piloting skills really intimidate me, I think I'm going to cry!!!

Oh yeah,I had to start wearing bifocals (reading glasses) last year to be able to read the approach plates. Pain in the .....
Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Hey Joe,

That must really hurt coming from a 75-hour C-152 pilot. Thanks for your service! I've got 22 years, 2 months and about 5000 hours (B-52) in the AF. His piloting skills really intimidate me, I think I'm going to cry!!!

Oh yeah,I had to start wearing bifocals (reading glasses) last year to be able to read the approach plates. Pain in the .....
LMFAO!

I have no need to swing cocks...

Flew a C150, once... Prefer the cubby or the champ instead.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
RIP 06 TL

LMFAO!

I have no need to swing cocks...

Flew a C150, once... Prefer the cubby or the champ instead.

This is turning into a bash fest AZ isn't about that. Now all of you gather your pride and your BS and help this dude out! I would be interested to find the outcome as I haven't heard of this before.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
It's been a long time since we have had a thread go bad like this in 3G, but onsknth jumped in and started a ruckus, so I have deleted all of his posts rather than close the thread, which would do a great disservice to TLJOEO who asked an honest question and deserves an honest answer.

It would have been too traumatic to the thread to delete all the replies, some of which contain quotes by the offending party, so I left them in.

If onsknth takes umbrage with my action, sending me a PM will be better for him than posting again in this thread, which also applies to any further posts of this nature.

I don't believe in censorship, but if it's a choice between censoring and closing a thread which deserves to remain open, it's an easy choice.

I have received two Bad Post Reports, and this reply will also serve as a reply to the people who sent the report, and my thanks to them for bringing this to my attention.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Race Director

Joe,

There are louder flashers out there. Here are a couple of links I found:

JC Whitney

TRICO

Good luck, hope the JC Whitney one will work.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts
Let me just add one thing to this thread.

Ron is much more forgiving then I. Most of you that have been here a while know that we do not stand for this. We dont need any smartass remarks or any resident assholes.

So if you enjoy your time here then I would highly recommend cutting this shit out. Take it to Ramblings if you're man enough.

For those of you who are new. You get one warning then ban. So onsknth theres yours.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:37 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man, I can just picture onsknth's lower jaw hitting his keyboard after reading your first reply!

A salute to you sir from a Navy helo pilot. That guy has no idea what jet engines do to your hearing. My father spent 30+ years on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier with hearing protection and still pays dearly for it.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NedShneebly
Man, I can just picture onsknth's lower jaw hitting his keyboard after reading your first reply!
Hardly....

to: Trancemission

cc: Ron A (aka Mr. Sensible)

Greetings,

Why do you feel the need to chime in and chide me while I in no way am provoking the situation?

I made a simple comment, he flew off the handle, I dropped it... He picked it up again.

Then you want to gang up?

I don't go around provoking folks, but I call it like I see it. In response.... His "years of service" gained him sympathy he doesn't deserve. Nothing like shameless self promotion, I guess.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but this is so stupid I can easily live without it... No use trying to count other peoples money, but I guess when you hit 70 and "flew nam" you know it all.

You fellas have the upper hand, I could care less, it's not as if I'm doing anyone a favor being here.

Jim
Old 12-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Pro

uh, yeah, buh bye
Old 12-19-2007, 03:34 AM
2005 Acura TL

x4
Old 12-19-2007, 06:11 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Hey Joe,

THANKS, Hello, Minot, my soulmate --- Barksdale based here. (6680 hours @ 23 years, 7 months, 7 days , but who's counting) ---And for your information ---(when you need it in several more years, yes, the eyes go first) ----

I figured out how to fix my problem with a little wire, some solder, two diodes and a pizo buzzer (Radio Shack).

It SHOULD work great, but must wait until after Christmas for the upgrade as I am now employed (TDY) by my Wife doing Santa stuff.
Joe
Old 12-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts
well since you want to make your PM public Ill make my reply public...

Greetings,

Why do you feel the need to chime in and chide me while I in no way am provoking the situation?

I made a simple comment, he flew off the handle, I dropped it... He picked it up again.

I don't go around provoking folks, but I call it like I see it. In response.... His "years of service" gained him sympathy he doesn't deserve. Nothing like shameless self promotion, I guess.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but this is so stupid I can easily live without it... No use trying to count other peoples money, but I guess when you hit 70 and "flew nam" you know it all.

You fellas have the upper hand, I could care less, it's not as if I'm doing anyone a favor being here.

Jim

you think quoting your PM to the members really helps your case?

you were a fucking smartass and got called out. we do not need posts like that. whether or not you wanted to, you did pick a fight and to me it looks as if you tried. you call it like you see it? what exactly did you call? I dont care if this is how you are in the real world, but here we have rules.

yeah he "knew it all" cuz he was asking a simple fucking question, one that didnt deserve your witty smartass answer.

I dont feel I have any upper hand. I like to keep 3G pleasant for member like him to feel comfortable to ask questions like that without getting fucked up answers like yours. But you turn it around saying its a shameless self promotion on his part. please.........

so if you're not doing anyone favors by being here then its not going to hurt my feelings if you leave.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
well since you want to make your PM public Ill make my reply public...

you think quoting your PM to the members really helps your case?

you were a fucking smartass and got called out. we do not need posts like that. whether or not you wanted to, you did pick a fight and to me it looks as if you tried. you call it like you see it? what exactly did you call? I dont care if this is how you are in the real world, but here we have rules.

yeah he "knew it all" cuz he was asking a simple fucking question, one that didnt deserve your witty smartass answer.

I dont feel I have any upper hand. I like to keep 3G pleasant for member like him to feel comfortable to ask questions like that without getting fucked up answers like yours. But you turn it around saying its a shameless self promotion on his part. please.........

so if you're not doing anyone favors by being here then its not going to hurt my feelings if you leave.

epic thread...

(oh, and I dont think mentioning the AF is shameless self promotion... anyone who is willing to ADMIT thier problems deserves some credit! (from a resident Marine)

So anyway, I have also been researching these but I wonder if they would click like a normal blinker or would they do the extra loud extra fast blinking in my lights since I have LED turn signals with no resistors...

hmmm... im interested to see where this thread goes as my hearing is shot also...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 AM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would bet my kidney that Jim thinks Hillary should be the next president.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Pro

Hardly....

Greetings,

Jim
^^^ This is one of the stupidest things I have seen on acurazine! You said "I don't go around provoking folks," but that's exactly what you did with your initial comment. Ganging up on you? HA. PLEASE. I made the initial comment of "he asked a genuine question and I am not sure that your comment wasn't necessary." Then TLJOEO replied and from there you got what you deserved. I don't believe for a half a second that everyone came to his defense because he was in the USAF but rather because he is new, an older AZ member who asked a genuine question and got your smartass response. He did this in acknowledgment of his own short coming so that he doesn't drive other motorist crazy. Pretty sure you're a smart guy onsknth and if you had thought for a half a second why he might be asking a question instead of jumping to making a stupid comment we wouldn't be where we are now. I don't think that anyone is saying that you should be here but rather saying don't be a jerk for no reason. Remember this is all for fun anyways.

Originally Posted by NedShneebly
I would bet my kidney that Jim thinks Hillary should be the next president.
While I'm at it - I don't think that was necessary either. Talk about provoking...
Old 12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
My ears are also bad from years of being in the 42nd DivArty. Not as cool as flying planes I guess, but I still think people are being waaaayyy to sensative to this. I read the OP, thought "hey thats not a bad idea", read onsknth's post, had a chuckle and moved on. I kept up with the thread because at some point I might want to do it myself and I was amazed at the derogatory nature of the comments directed towards onsknth. I can see why he got defensive, in fact it would be difficult for him to not be defensive after a massive attack like this. Maybe there should be a sticky at the top of the page saying that any attempt at humor on these pages will NOT be tolerated, these are for information ONLY. Then I will read when I have a problem and not bother scanning daily like I normally do.

Personally, I find a lot of these threads humorous as well as informative, which is what keeps me coming back.

I don't see any difference between onsknth's first post and this entire thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149633

The difference is what happened after the first post, where things degenerated into name calling and derogatory comments. If you thought what he said was kind of funny, as I did, (I guess I'm not that sensative about my military service or my hearing loss), you move on. If you think what he said was stupid, you say to yourself, that was dumb, and you move on. It's the freaking internet people, just move on....
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
If onsknth takes umbrage with my action, sending me a PM will be better for him than posting again in this thread...
So you chose to disregard my suggestion.

Greetings,

Jim
So what's wrong here? Let me count the ways. In no particular order.

1. You disregarded my suggestion by going public.

2. The comment after my user name-was that really necessary?

3. I spent 26 years in the Air Force, and I am proud of that service, so if I was to mention it (which I guess I just did), then would your comment apply to me too?
His "years of service" gained him sympathy he doesn't deserve. Nothing like shameless self promotion, I guess.
4. The fact that you completely missed the point about why your first post was considered so bad. Asking if his eyes were going out too, an illusion to his statement that he was hard of hearing, was particularly offensive, and pointing out that there are green blinky things was unnecessary since we can assume he knew that and was asking for an alternative.

What this boils down to is that I am awarding you a 14 day vacation from these forums, which will be effective the next time I see you are active since I am too lazy and possibly too old to bother sending an email.

If you wish to politely acknowledge that you have seen this, it would speed up the process and make things easier for me.

And my apologies to TLJOEO for again going off topic in his thread.

Quick Reply: 2004 TL Turn Signal FLASHER AUDIO