Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 TL-S Driver TO 09 Base TL overnight Experience feedback :thumbsdow

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
07 TL-S Driver TO 09 Base TL overnight Experience feedback :thumbsdow

Okay i have a 07' TL-S as for one of my cars, well i took it in to get serviced the other day, the slight problem was the sub vibrating a little. So they gave me a Black Base 09 TL. I was pissed to say the least, as i had this 09 car for 2 days. First i thought they would have UPGraded me to get me into a new vehicle. I believe im doing a fair comparison Because im going for a TL-S to a TL, and isnt things suppose to getter better on new models? Not in anyway did i notice this, and even the main service manager said he had NO good feedback on this 09 TL car.

My personal First Takes:

Exterior Side shot looks alright, Kinda like a new Camery, Back looks ugly of course, and front/Grill looks FUGLY (aka fucking ugly) as we all know.

Interior:
Black interior, looked like SHIT! the back seat looks like Dog shit and it looks like Pleather (Plastic leather) as with the front seats just Blah Style to the max! The cup holder trim was that marable wood grain type. The wood grain cup holder looked so dumb with all those slots/cuts for it to slide in its hole, that looked like ass. Going from the tl-s navi to a non navi sucked shit the 09 tl hud looked gay. To much Chrome around the shifter noob and radio controls. The Insterment panel at night my God, I thought i had a flashback acid trip looking at the indicators, as they have blured lines, for christ sake the last thing i want to see when i look down at night is something blury everytime i look at it, WTF!? Blue Led lights were pretty cool tho.

Performance: Performance was similar to my 07-tls but not quite. For the life of me i could not understand and i thought it was a super flaw, when put in sport mode, it will take itself out of sport mode if crusing at a certain speed for more than a few seconds, a HUGE downfall in my eyes Braking isnt anything near the power of the TL-S Brembo 4 pistion calipers.

I could probably bitch about more but those are the main points i noticed, and that i could remeber at this time. Im sorry i dont know what the 4th gen buyers see in this car, i know i would MUCH rather spend my Thirty Thousand or Fourty Thousand Dollars on something else, and what i believe would be MUCH Better. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Old 04-04-2009, 01:53 AM
soon to be, un-noobed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
havnt even driven a new TL yet but id rather donate the money to charity than drive that piece around lmao... its honestly an insult to acura.. hopefully they will shorten the production years like they did the 03-04 infiniti M45 (although i thought that thing was sexy and crazy powerful 345 HP V8) (still confused why they did that, sorry to get off topic) but 4TH GEN = GEO METRO IN DISGUISE
Old 04-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Newb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You sound very angry >_>
Old 04-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Verrry angry.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:17 AM
G Force

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had 09 TL SH-AWD (Silver) from dealership as loaner for 10 days, and even SH-AWD, I can still say that it's barely break even in terms of performance versus the car's weight, and the whole thing, man... I would take my 07 TL Type-S any day, any minute.

I really cannot believe Top Executive at Honda/Acura actually approved the design of 4G TL, if I were the CEO I'd put few more guys on the unemployment rate by firing those designers, and the product manager.

If you look at our 3G TL, the whole dashboard's design, buttons, location, makes logical sense, and most important they all blend, but if you look at the 4G's it's like collage of buttons, and there are so many buttons I really do not understand why they are there, no logical sense at all. The worst is the design, feels a cheap car, like you don't have space to put you wallet, smartphone, keys, etc... People who have test drove a 4G TL would know, 3G TL has lots of internal space. Like the maps or bottle compartment in the front doors are really useful unlike 4G TL's door compartment.

I can go on and on about all the wrongful design decision that has been made on the 4G TL, which makes me sad, because it'll turn off so many potential buyers...

I really don't know what Honda/Acura were thinking... In any business, you always want to have recurring business and expanding business, if you can't attract your current customer then you're losing a huge amount of business, recurring business equals to customer loyalty, that's why there are guys buying bimmer after bimmer, or guys buying Lexus after Lexus, and so on...

I'm sure most 3G TLers especially TL-Ser won't consider upgrading to a 4G, most would probably pass until the next big revision 5G TL? (that's if financially they make it through 2015).
Old 04-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Just picture the 4G with some of the mods that are done on the 3G eg lowered, wide tires/wheels, etc. Now that would certainly be a sight to see!

Found some interesting information while doing some comparison research on th 4G vs. 3G dimensions. It seems as though the front interior dimensions actually decreased slightly while the rear increased, although the boat is much larger:

Exterior
Length +6"
Width +1.8"
Height +.5"
Weight +149 lbs

Interior
Front Hip Room -.3"
Front Shoulder Room -.2"
Front Leg Room -.3"
Front Hip Room +.1"
Rear Head Room -.5"
Rear Hip Room +1"
Rear Leg Room +1.4"
Old 04-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hoopz87
havnt even driven a new TL yet but id rather donate the money to charity than drive that piece around lmao... its honestly an insult to acura.. hopefully they will shorten the production years like they did the 03-04 infiniti M45 (although i thought that thing was sexy and crazy powerful 345 HP V8) (still confused why they did that, sorry to get off topic) but 4TH GEN = GEO METRO IN DISGUISE
We couldn't sell them for the life of us. I think only about 7700 were sold total.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazer187

My personal First Takes:

Interior:
The Insterment panel at night my God, I thought i had a flashback acid trip looking at the indicators, as they have blured lines, for christ sake the last thing i want to see when i look down at night is something blury everytime i look at it, WTF!?

For the life of me i could not understand and i thought it was a super flaw, when put in sport mode, it will take itself out of sport mode if crusing at a certain speed for more than a few seconds, a HUGE downfall in my eyes
I would like to see the dash at night. I hope someone takes a pic of it next time.

It took itself out of sport mode probably because Acura is marketing this car to a total different driver. Some super old guy or something. The car probably thought you made a mistake by putting it sport drive
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
What they found was when some had it in sport mode, they left it there and didn't upshift properly, so the car stayed in a lower gear while running along at 60 MPH.

Also:
The redesigned TL performance luxury sedan was Acura's top-selling model for February, with sales of 2,490.

The wife and I were walking into a local restaurant as a couple got out of an black '06 TL to which I said nice car. They were having dinner then picking up their new '09 and the TL was being used as a trade in. They thought the '09 was absolutely beautiful!!!

Last edited by Turbonut; 04-04-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Road Racer / Solo Addict

Received 300 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbonut
The wife and I were walking into a local restaurant as a couple got out of an black '06 TL to which I said nice car. They were having dinner then picking up their new '09 and the TL was being used as a trade in. They thought the '09 was absolutely beautiful!!!
They needed help.. you had to talk them out of doing it lol
Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Repost (in 4G)