3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Foglight does not fit from DDMTuning!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Foglight does not fit from DDMTuning!

Hi guys!

I bought a set of H8 HID kit from DDM Tuning and while installing yesterday, realized that they gave me a set of H11. After contacting them about it, they tell me that their H8 and H11 base are all universal. I went back to compare the base of my old bulb (H8) to the base in the relay and ballast they gave me, they are completely different (the distance between the 'legs')...

I'm sure im supposed to either plugged the ballast directly to the original connector or wire the relay and hook up the plug from the relay to the original connector... Is there anything I can do to make them hook up?

Thanks!!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
DDMTuning's customer service is far from even decent, they're more akin to arrogant pompous young kids (which is exactly what they are). Nevertheless, they did the same to me, but also included with the relay harnesses, 2 sets of prong (+\-'s) that can simply be pushed into the factory harness which works (this is what I did).

After copious amounts of electrical tape, zip ties and hiding them away from the elements, mine all worked properly. Keep in mind that you will need to make sure the polarity is correct on both ends, or run the risk of your ballasts not igniting/1 ballast only igniting.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for directing me to the prongs!!! Mine was not on the relay however... its this set of wire on the bulb which is the 'wide leg base' on one side and the prongs on the other so i plugged my relay to the base of that and plugged the prongs directly into the connector!!!

To my understanding i only need to plug the prongs into one of the two stock fog connectors right?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by blee007
Thanks for directing me to the prongs!!! Mine was not on the relay however... its this set of wire on the bulb which is the 'wide leg base' on one side and the prongs on the other so i plugged my relay to the base of that and plugged the prongs directly into the connector!!!

To my understanding i only need to plug the prongs into one of the two stock fog connectors right?
Hrmmm, thats a good question. I'm not positive, but I think you'll need to use both sets of prongs, but I could be wrong. I know that occassionally I have to turn my fogs off then on (only once) since one ballast likes to delay in its ignition. I could have it connected wrong, others may be more helpful to chime in.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
if you post up pictures of the whole hid kit and relay harness laid out on the floor someone may be able to point u in the right direction
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Cruisin'

Ok so i got everything wired up today and baam, one side is significantly brighter than the other...sometimes that side doesnt even turn on!

I switched the ballast and the defective side is changed so i figured it has to be the ballast problem! Do you think DDM will replace it or should I just buy another one off ebay or something?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've heard DDM will typically replace a ballast no questions asked. However, I've heard so many stories of ballasts dying and had a bad experience with a bulb being completely misaligned and giving me crap output that I completely stay away.

I would stay away and stick with theretrofitsource.com in the future (I've bought multiple kits and projectors from them and have always had a good experience). The extra $50 for a quality kit is absolutely worth it to avoid headaches and get a quality product.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Cruisin'

just sent them an RMA...hopefully they will replace it w.o questions! nvr going with DDM again... poor quality kits directly from china...shipped with china post -.-
Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Engineer in Training

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by blee007
just sent them an RMA...hopefully they will replace it w.o questions! nvr going with DDM again... poor quality kits directly from china...shipped with china post -.-
No company can provide 0% failure rate, it's going to happen. Good thing is they have lifetime warranty. I had two DDM HID ballasts in my E36 for well over 5 years and they never went on me. Going to get another set from them for the TL soon.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Cruisin'

Just got a reply. She asks me to ship back faulty ballast and charges me extra $15 for shipping? I give up on them. Going to order a new ballast from ebay instead. I'm not waiting for this thing to ship, get tested and a new one to get sent back...

And I understand that no company provides a failure rate but this clearly shows quality control issues as I expect these electronic items to all be tested before delivered to customers. Maybe I'm just unlucky! who knows...

Thanks for the help from everyone
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
New ballast from eBay? That's like the same thing as ordering from ddm, because china is where they are all from anyways. Except ddm will give you lifetime warranty and they're local to me if I need to do any exchanges/RMA's. But I do have to say their service sucks, I have met one of their ex-workers before and he told me about how they do business... Let's just say it wasnt a good review
Old 09-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Idk if you just ordered the HID kit from them and no extra wiring but I ordered an H8 kit from them about a month ago and same thing happened to me. Real flaky blinking on start up, etc and then stopped working altogether but it ended up being a blown fuse. I read up on here that if you don't install a relay then you should up factory fuse from 10A to 15A. Thats what I did and been working perfect ever since and both the same brightness....