Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'05 RL - Not what you think

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 RL - Not what you think

I know this is the TL site.. but.. when I was dropping my '02 TLS in for service here in Long Island today (got an '04 TSX loaner which I was suprised I got) - I happened to ask what my service advisor thinks of the '05 RL. We got on the topic of the tires (since the '04 TL's had problems with the EL42's).. and he said that the '05 RL will NOT come with those 20" rims & tires like it had at the car show or on the Acuara website. The new RL will have 17's.

Has anyone else heard this too?? He mentioned that those 20's that are on the RL prototype might come as an option, or possibly on a Type S version of the RL if Acura makes that available..

Your thoughts?
Tony
Old 04-21-2004, 07:28 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
lol this should be deleted.... I thought you were gonna say someting like this " RL WILL HAVE 330HP.... maybe V8"
LOL
20" rims isnt a big deal
Old 04-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In early March the folks at my local Acura dealer said the new RL would be a hybrid... Your service advisor probably has no idea what wheels the RL will show up with.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Renaissance Man

The RL will have 17" wheels. The door jam plaque with the tire info says 245/50R17. Read: http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=219613
See: http://sohc.vtec.net/article_files/2...nyias-0098.jpg
Old 04-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

Ha, don't believe dealers too much. They may know how to fix the "old" cars 'cause they have to do it everyday. But for the new info, they know nothing.

Except they're really attending some seminars hosted by Acura, U on this forum and Internet are defintely knowing more than any dealers you've met.

BTW, ItalnMuslNYC, which dealer did you go to? I really like to testdrive TSX... Perhaps, I should have the new dealer for the services...
Old 04-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
As you can see from flanagan's reply there has been some discussion about this already. The conclusion seems to be that the 20"s are not likely to show up as standard on the '05 RL. Also, I don't think that the typical RL consumer would want the compromise in ride comfort with the 20"s. Of course, you can put any size you want on once she is yours.

Other than the wheels, I haven't heard of anything that others have said will likely change from this protype. The only things I would prefer is a slightly longer wheelbase and maybe change the name of the SH-AWD (Unless the RL "handling" will be more powerful than a locomotive or faster than a speeding bullet). Can't wait to test the RL!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Rets - I go to Hillside Acura in Bayshore - Service dept. seems the most competant one so far.. and I've been to Smithtown Acura (total a$$holes) and Rallye Acura in Roslyn (pompus, stuck up pr*cks who treat you like $hit if you didn't but your car from them) - so since this is my 3rd Acura dealership on Long Island, I have to be nice to them! The nearest one after that is Island Acura in Wantagh, and I'm not driving that far for service! LOL