3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'04 WDP vs School Bus...Bus Wins

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are airbags supposed to trigger if their sensor is 'disconnected' (sheared) from the system to indicate a very severe accident? I do not know, but it would seem logical.

If so, Acura may have some explaining to do to you.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ yeah, that whole airbag thing could be real dangerous...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by davenlei
Are airbags supposed to trigger if their sensor is 'disconnected' (sheared) from the system to indicate a very severe accident? I do not know, but it would seem logical.

If so, Acura may have some explaining to do to you.

The guy at the body shop told me he couldn't believe the airbags didn't go off with 2 sensors sheared off.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Retired and Loving It

Originally Posted by twysk
The body shop told me that the entire front suspension had to be replaced. They said that the actual damage was not as bad as it looked because the bus sat so much higher than the TL that when we collided, it just peeled all the front panels back. I can only imagine what would have happened if the TL sat any higher or lower.

What also sucks is that I appear to have what the neurologist is calling Post Concussion Syndrome. Even though I don't recall hitting my head, the force of the impact gave me whiplash and a concussion. I've had a splitting headache, blurred vision in one eye, and short term memory loss since the accident 12/14/06. I have friends calling me every few days to "remind" me about the $1000 that I borrowed last week. What are friends for? On the bright side, I can't remember anything my wife tells me!
Like I said in my first post, get a lawyer. If you have any lingering injuries, a lawyer will represent you a lot better then any insurance co. The insurance co, yours included, will want you to sign off on the any injuries right away. Don't sign anything until you are sure you are fully recovered from your injuries. Don't worry about the TL, it can be replaced.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

Well, I got my TL back this past week. I have to say, when I first walked up to it, it actually looked better than the day I picked it up from the dealership. The bumpers actually match the body now! And it only cost $18,000, for those of you that have WDP and are interested.

After driving the car, I can honestly say that, so far, I can't feel any difference from before the accident. It drives straight, and there are no squeaks or rattles so far. On top of that, about 30 min after picking it up, I raced and beat a brand new WDP A-Spec by about 4 car lengths. Everything seems to be in order.

Of course, I'm on the lookout for anything, but if the car really is what it was pre-crash, I'll be hanging on to it.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:22 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Time will tell. Hope the car continues to impress. Now get your physical self back to 100%. Keep us posted.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:27 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by twysk
After driving the car, I can honestly say that, so far, I can't feel any difference from before the accident. It drives straight, and there are no squeaks or rattles so far. On top of that, about 30 min after picking it up, I raced and beat a brand new WDP A-Spec by about 4 car lengths. Everything seems to be in order.
I just got around to reading this post. It appears that "P.C.S." is ok too if you are now out racing cars! That sounded scary when you mentioned it. Must not be that big of a deal vision/mental-wise if you are flexxing in your car. You probably should take it easy man. I'm no punk, but you can best believe that if I sustained the injuries you said you have, then I would be chillin' for a minute...a long minute!

Glad you are ok (read: alive), but not to worry about the injury claim. A lawyer can and will represent you easily on this one. Call now and they will have your back (read: mo money - for them). You will be compensated.

Unless of course, it just happens to be a lawyer for the other side that you beat in the 1/4 mile!!! Watch your back! (literally)
Old 02-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Intermediate

Just to be clear, I have had a constant headache since the accident. The blurred vision and dizziness at intermittent. I would most definitely not be driving around, never mind messing around, if I didn't feel up to it. I'm being treated by a neurologist since the accident and I am cleared for driving. Whenever the headache is at its worst is when the vision blurs and the dizziness happens, and I do not drive at that point. I've had to call for a ride several times, and have no trouble doing that. I'm not taking any chances on hurting anyone else or my new paint job.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
If the shop is a good one you should never know that it was in a accident. Thats one of the many great things about unit body construction.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:45 PM
The Boss

geeez...... I cannot believe the insurance adjustor did not total it but rather want to repair $12k worth of damage instead......

The important thing is you're well and ok........ cars can be fixed or replaced......