3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 TL vs 03 g35 coupe vs 02 330ci NJ TO VERMONT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xpditor
Pappy: Forgive me. I have sinned. I am a lizzard brain. I can't help it. The Devil makes me do it.

Somebody take my keys. Please.

Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've got to be kiddin' me! enough with the racing, yes it's stupid, yes there may be hefty consequences and yes it's the driver's choice and he who will ultimately face those consequences. I figure most people are like me. you like to drive spirited, not too fast but enough to get a ticket. this was a few friends driving fast to get to the next designated area first. all three of the cars are capable of much higher speeds. they all showed some restraint they even backed off before the next stop anyway! actual street racing the races that people show up to watch of were young tards hurt others and themselves aren't like this. although people could've gotten hurt, no one did and it doesn't sound like the guy does this every time his ass hits the driver seat. SO LAY OFF! do you know how lame some of you haters sound. I'm woundering why your on this site. THere are plenty of cheaper cars with adaquate luxury and no balls. Why did you buy a car with 270 ponies. do some guy an favour, trade in your tl, let someone who could get one new pick your up used and get your self.... say a EL; still made by acura, you'd safe gas. I know you don't have control issues but if your never going to use the ponies - why do you have them? i'd quote you, but then there are more than one of you and too many of you "pefrect person" quotes to quote from.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by eal15
You've got to be kiddin' me! enough with the racing, yes it's stupid, yes there may be hefty consequences and yes it's the driver's choice and he who will ultimately face those consequences. I figure most people are like me. you like to drive spirited, not too fast but enough to get a ticket. this was a few friends driving fast to get to the next designated area first. all three of the cars are capable of much higher speeds. they all showed some restraint they even backed off before the next stop anyway! actual street racing the races that people show up to watch of were young tards hurt others and themselves aren't like this. although people could've gotten hurt, no one did and it doesn't sound like the guy does this every time his ass hits the driver seat. SO LAY OFF! do you know how lame some of you haters sound. I'm woundering why your on this site. THere are plenty of cheaper cars with adaquate luxury and no balls. Why did you buy a car with 270 ponies. do some guy an favour, trade in your tl, let someone who could get one new pick your up used and get your self.... say a EL; still made by acura, you'd safe gas. I know you don't have control issues but if your never going to use the ponies - why do you have them? i'd quote you, but then there are more than one of you and too many of you "pefrect person" quotes to quote from.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Burning Brakes

^
Old 04-14-2005, 06:38 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Pappy: Forgive me. I have sinned. I am a lizzard brain. I can't help it. The Devil makes me do it.

Somebody take my keys. Please.

You're forgiven . . .Here's the keys to the Civic.
PS It needs an oil change too . . .
Old 04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by eal15
Everyone has a rant inside them . . . Even our friends in Canada. As to "why did you buy a car with 270 ponies?" Well there are a 100 reason to like this automobile other than the horsepower. Actually that was kinda incidental for me. As to 'hater', I don't think being cautioinalry and chiding someone for putting their and others life on the line can exactly be correlated to 'hating'??? Yea, most of us enjoy 'getting on the cam' every now and then when passing or merging into traffic or just out on a sunny day on an empty highway (when you can find one.) But that's a whole 'nother story from some testosterone induced flaming racing rage to win a race with another testosterone loaded chap in a high powered automobile. Don't agree - tell me how many females do you hear/see claiming to have blown the doors of a Maxima or some other auto oft mentioned here on this forum? Not to say the fairer sex can't have these urges but as a class they just dont' do it!! (Ya, I know some gals that probably have more testosterone that I do - but that's another story!)

So my friend many of us (haters?) enjoy the Acura TL and it's fine motivational forces without needing to 'prove' our manhood from every other competing marque on a regular or infrequent basis. PS Canada is a fine country! I've driven there often.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Racer

If i do it right, i can get my 04tl to chirp while in 2nd gear at about 40mph. done it before and it was awesome.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Racer

I really dont see how speeding endangers the lives of others if it is done under control and on an open road. Speeding during a traffic jam is another story. Please dont use the lives of others bs moral exuse; the speed limit in several european countries is much higher than what we have here, yet there are fewer accidents and deaths.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SnappyPappy
Everyone has a rant inside them . . . Even our friends in Canada. As to "why did you buy a car with 270 ponies?" Well there are a 100 reason to like this automobile other than the horsepower. Actually that was kinda incidental for me. As to 'hater', I don't think being cautioinalry and chiding someone for putting their and others life on the line can exactly be correlated to 'hating'??? Yea, most of us enjoy 'getting on the cam' every now and then when passing or merging into traffic or just out on a sunny day on an empty highway (when you can find one.) But that's a whole 'nother story from some testosterone induced flaming racing rage to win a race with another testosterone loaded chap in a high powered automobile. Don't agree - tell me how many females do you hear/see claiming to have blown the doors of a Maxima or some other auto oft mentioned here on this forum? Not to say the fairer sex can't have these urges but as a class they just dont' do it!! (Ya, I know some gals that probably have more testosterone that I do - but that's another story!)

So my friend many of us (haters?) enjoy the Acura TL and it's fine motivational forces without needing to 'prove' our manhood from every other competing marque on a regular or infrequent basis. PS Canada is a fine country! I've driven there often.
i'm not really hating you. it's just that you were hating the guy that originally started this post. he was doing the same thing you just said was okay. he did not set up a race and then take his car out and just gun it. by his own admission it was somethign someone else started and then all three just slowed up anyway. i know there other, many other reason to get a tl; but if horsepower isn't one of them you could have gotten a tsx. it's even built in japan. face it horsepower was a factor! that said, i don't mean to hate on you it's just i hate when someone attacks another when they themselve have faults. eg. smoking, not that you do, but second hand smoke affects way more people then people who occasionally speed becasue there friend urged them on, while his girl was yelling at him to slow down while all the while his is trying not to pay for his buddies' gas or meals. if i was one of those friends my meal wouls certainly cost him.