Sponsored by:

04 TL Hidden in a DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 06:32 PM
JDM FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 04 TL Hidden in a DEALER

Hey Guys,
I don't know if your going to believe this or not.
Today, I went to a BMW dealer where my homeboy works, and guess what?
The 5 series is hidden in the back of the dealer and all covered.
He took me and showed it to me, and it's wonderful, but this is not the issue.
I thought of it, people are expecting the 5 series to be out in couple of weeks, so how about ACURA?
I go to the dealer and talk to my other homeboy who is a TL fanatic (Owns 4 of them) anyway, I ask him and he tells me that they have 3 of them, and tells me to be quiet and no say a word.
We went out and to the back of the dealer where they had on Gold or what looked gold to me TL, and he told me that he can't show me anything and told me that we're going for a ride, and guess what guys?
We drove to a special lot, it looked like rental storage, and I see 2 of the most beautiful TL's ever, one was Abyss Blue and the other one was Silver.
Guys, seriously, we can talk about this car as much as we want, but it's nothing compared to what the car really is.
First of all, the seats are one of the most comfortable seats ever, and the head rest, it is the best for installing back monitors on, they are wide and leaning forward.
then we come to the engine, OH MY LORD, inside it sounds like its V8, seriously guys, I didn't design the car, but I'm buying one, the engine sounds like its V8 no doubt.
The it is the first TL is see with a spoiler, not the lip, but a spoiler it self, it looks similar to the one on the 03 TL-S, but without the light, and as my friend told me, if Acura wanted to have the break light in the rear spolier, they would have had to have LED on, and to minimize the cost, the rear spoiler and the lip won't have any type of a light, (Exactly like the Infiniti G35 spolier- no lights in the spoiler its self)
Coming to the tilt feature in the mirror, the left mirror will tilt down if you have the selector on the left, and will tilt right if you have the selector on right, and if its in the middle, non will tilt down.
What else, the sound system is one of the purest and clearest systems I've ever heard, and I'll damn sure compare it to the one in Lexus (Mark Levinson), even though that Lexus charged you for that, with Acura you get a standard feature that blows Lexus system away, and again no doubt.
The silver TL had A-SPEC on, but no badge and no steering wheel, but guess what, just a regular TL look superb, with A-SPEC, I bet that you'll be amazed.
I;m one of the people who put a deposit even before seeing the car (April 2003), I was right having faith in Acura and telling you guys, Acura will rock this year, seriously, because I cannot describe how amazed I was there.
And A-SPEC wheels are awesome, they are a killer.
I'm so excited about what I've seen today that I can't keep up with what I'm writing.
Another thing, the engine, is fully covered and the only access you have is to change oil, but other than that, NO WAY.
I don't know if i've mentioned everything, but I'll post later if I've missed anything.
If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer, except for the location of the vehicle, my homeboy wasn't wrong when he took me there and I won't disappoint him.
You can check with youo dealer, maybe they are hidding theirs too, you NEVER KNOW
Old 09-26-2003, 06:37 PM
JDM FREAK

Another thing I've noticed is that you cannot see the foglight bulb, because simply it is not there, it is somewhere in the headlight its self, but then by the headlight lever there is a foglight swith that you turn in, exactly like the TSXs.
Brombo brake caliper is HUGE, the biggest yet i've ever seen, and It says Acura in white on black
Old 09-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds hot!.. I want to ride the 6 speed. what is in the A spec?
Old 09-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Instructor

A-spec has......Full body kit, 18" rims, nicer tires, brembo brakes, lower body 1.2", sportier suspension, etc....
Old 09-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Racer

Re: 04 TL Hidden in a DEALER

Originally posted by Qatar
Guys, seriously, we can talk about this car as much as we want, but it's nothing compared to what the car really is.
It seems like everyone who had seen it, sit in it, or driven it, says that the new TL is much better in real than in pictures. Well, that's a very good thing to look forward to.

Thanks, Qatar, for telling us your experience with the new TL. Did you take a picture of the rear spoiler? Is there 1 posted somewhere that I can take a look?
Old 09-26-2003, 08:27 PM
JDM FREAK

Lamster,
There is no picture for the spoiler and you won't find it anywhere, the only place I saw it was onthe car it's self and my salesman (has homeboy status), he has all the brochure and accessory booklit from Acura).
And again I repeat, the pictures and the info we know about the 04 TL gives it 1 right out of 10, believe me people, its a big thrill.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Brombo brake caliper is HUGE, the biggest yet i've ever seen, and It says Acura in white on black
Funny you should say this. I was actually disappointed, thinking the calipers are much too small! 12.2" is at least .8" smaller than the minimum I expected.

According to Acura, the Brembo brakes and calipers will only stop 2' shorter than the regular TL from 60-0.

They should have been 13"+ in the front and 12" in the back, and ALL Brembo.

Of course, I could be wrong and Brombo may be a different package.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Racer

Re: 04 TL Hidden in a DEALER

Hey Guys,
I don't know if your going to believe this or not.
Today, I went to a BMW dealer where my homeboy works, and guess what?
The 5 series is hidden in the back of the dealer and all covered.
He took me and showed it to me, and it's wonderful, but this is not the issue.
I thought of it, people are expecting the 5 series to be out in couple of weeks, so how about ACURA?
I actually saw the new 5 series on the road today. I think the car looks really nice in person
Old 09-26-2003, 08:30 PM
JDM FREAK

I'm sorry I didn't clearify this, but the one I'm talking about is an Auto with Brombo on, I don't know how, but thats how it was.
Maybe because its preproduction or its just gonna be a demo
Old 09-27-2003, 12:16 AM
The Acura Tranny Killer

Cool, i've seen one at my dealer, it's indeed a great looking machine.

Maybe it's me, but the sales dude at my dealer is my friend, but considering that both he and I are caucasian, he's no "homeboy" .. doesn't live at my house either.. so.. that'd be a "Acuraboy" then?

Tracer
Old 09-27-2003, 01:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't clearify this, but the one I'm talking about is an Auto with Brombo on, I don't know how, but thats how it was.
Maybe because its preproduction or its just gonna be a demo
If its an auto with Brembos on it, its an A-Spec.

Interesting info on the TL, thanks. I had a chance to drive around in the '03 Accord before it was sold to the public, what a blast
Old 09-27-2003, 01:51 AM
10th Gear

I too saw the new 5 series in silver today driving on the highway. I have to admit, at first glance in my rear view mirror, it looked like the new body style Grand Prix ( which I hate), but after I slowed down to see it better, it did look tight. Keep the info coming!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Suzuka Master

No one else thinks the Brembo's are too small?
Old 09-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
No one else thinks the Brembo's are too small?
I not only agree, but I still do not understand why Acura chose to only put them on the front - and don't try to tell me Acrura was worried about cost. Their competititon does it.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Thank you, I expected nothing less than 13 on the front and 12 on the back. Someone said they saw the brakes and they are huge. I believe that is from someone with low expectations or getting an auto.