04 or 05 tl? help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004 | 12:23 AM
Suzuka Master

04 or 05 tl? help?

Hey everybody…

I think I finally decided to trade my TSX for the TL. Now my only wait is to figure out if I want the 2004 or the 2005. Is it worth waiting for the 2005? What possible features will be included or new options?

For example the 2005 RL is going to have “acura link” and I would want that in the TL if its available. I also want the key fob where you don’t have to ever use it… it can be in your pocket and you can turn on the car, similar to the one also in the 05 RL – but I figure this wont be available in the TL especially because they probably wont make many changes.

Any chance of ONSTAR being available in the TL?

I have some questions about the TL also. With the memory seats, do they memorize the side view mirrors also?

What is the DVD-Audio system?

How is the handsfreelink (Bluetooth) working out for people? How is the voice quality? I have Nextel currently and they are not going to have a Bluetooth phone till the beginning of next year… but I will want that feature in the car.

If anybody knows, is the gps navi the same as in the TSX?

How often do you guys get an oil change? I remember a while ago the dealer telling me that you do not have to go for an oil change until the car tells you to… is this correct?

Are the xenon lights adaptive? Like in some of the lexus vehicles the lights actually turn with your steering wheel for when you are going around a curve. Are the high beams also xenon? In the tsx they are standard bulbs for the high beams.

Is it possible to get upgraded wheels on the TL? Are they decent?

How is the paint job on the TL? On the TSX I know a lot of people including myself had paint chips. This brings me to my next question, did anybody get the clearbra from 3m installed on their car? How much was it?

How is the gas mileage on the car?

Anything else I need to know about the car? I appreciate all your comments and feedback =).

ontop of all that... would anybody get the 2005 RL instead of the TL because of any of these features: onstar, no key system, navi traffic information, adaptive lights, all wheel drive (i live in michigan with lots of snow) 300 horsepower? now lets keep in mind that if the TL doesnt have these features... these features are an extra $15 thousand dollars more for the 05 RL (acura says it will be hitting 50 thousand fully loaded for the 05 rl)
Old 07-11-2004 | 12:25 AM
Suzuka Master

god only knows why i reposted this.... sorry about that... its so late i must be crazy OOPS SORRY!