03 TL-S VS 2010 GTI/ Integra Type R/ 91 civic/ 2 preludes

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009 | 09:50 AM
philly flickin'

03 TL-S VS 2010 GTI/ Integra Type R/ 91 civic/ 2 preludes

So my buddy just put away his 2.0T Jetta on stage 2+ turbo back exhaust and cai for the winter, and got the new 2010 MKVI GTI as a winter beater. The car is really nice from the interior to the exterior, with seats that hug you around corners, flat bottom racing streering wheel, paddle shifters, DSG transmissired stitching everon, ywhere, and a navi. We wanted to see what car is faster so we go on the road and we do a 70km/h pull. This little GTI was beside me the whole time, then i slowly started to pull for abit at about 140km/h and his front bumper was at my rear door for the whole time after that. The MKVI GTI is a quick little car, I was very impressed. Then we caught a few lights to see who would win of the start. The GTI had Launch Control enabled and it was revving at 3200RPM. I was brake standing at about 2200RPM ready for launch. Light goes green and we take off, I took the lead at start with less tire spin, ESP was OFF and is always OFF, and took him by 1 car and after that he was 1 car length back the whole time. Overall the new GTI is a nice ride and a quick car. It has alot of potential with REVO and a turbo back.

Next was an Integra Type R w/ CAI and Exhaust, dont know if anything else was done. I was just on my way home and I catch a light beside him. I had no intetions of racing because I have beat many integras before. BUT just incase I threw it down to D1 just incase buddy wanted to go so I wouldnt get screwed over with the SS first to second bull. Sure enough this guy wanted to go, so we are halfway through the intersection and i hear his vtec just explode. I floor it and we take off, all through first it was about even then we hit second and I start to pull alittle through vtec and as I hit 3rd he was at my rear doors and I couldnt shake him any further. We hit 2 more lights and this time I was ready from the start. I launched and got a car length ahead of him in first then for the rest of the race he was a car length back the whole time.

2-0 for the night so far not bad...

Then I run into a 91 civic that I see around and have already seen him race my buddys 2.0T Jetta that runs a 14.2 1/4 mile. He beat my boys jetta twice in a race that we had set up. I knew I wasnt going to win but then again, its a street race and anything can happen. We hit a light and he dosnt even look over but he already knows whats good. This civic is the loudest and lightest civic around the area. I have no idea what hes running under the hood but I know its a low 14 second car. We take off at the light and we were gone. At the end of first I was a car length infront of him, then through second i was still infront of him but he was pulling closer, i hear him hit third as im still in second at around 5500RPM and he just started to pull and was 1 car length infront of me by the time I hit third. As we hit 170km/h I started pulling him and was at his rear bumper then he started to brake. His car is fast only because of power to weight ratio. Its basically an engine on a tin can, prolly weights <1700 lbs.

2-1 for the night...

As Im driving my buddy home we run into 2 preludes that have matching halo headlights that look absolutly terrible. We are all in the same lane at a light, but there was one car infront of us. We start going and right when an opening opened up the one guy squeezes through and we both follow. It a 3 lane road so there was a lane for each of us, as im coming up behind them I use the third lane to go around them both and had enough time to go infront of them and then i pulled about 3 car lengths by the end of 3rd gear. For a beating like that I had to throw on the 4 ways after I pulled them from behind and got 3 car lengths.

4-1 for the night and I let it rest at that because my gas was getting low!

For these races I was running only my AEM CAI with my buddy in the passenger seat for every race. My cars due for an oil change and im also rolling on 19s

Hope to have more stories for you guys tonight, Ill see what I come across tonight.
Old 10-21-2009 | 07:31 AM
Under construction

Nice kills on the GTi and Type-R! Those GTi's can be modded pretty easily.

2010 GTi as a winter beater must be nice lol
Old 10-21-2009 | 10:03 AM
philly flickin'

Originally Posted by alexSU
2010 GTi as a winter beater must be nice lol
Yeah, tell me about it!

Cars now adays are coming out with so much more power then they were. Back in 03 our car was pretty fast compared to what was out, now we have supercharged cobalts, turbo neons/calibers, vw's with a little tuning putting down 13.9s... I still would take the TL over those cars, just for the luxury and the 4door amily sedan that shows its taillights to alot of cars
Old 10-22-2009 | 09:57 AM
Advanced

sick kills so when u race u d1 through d5 i should start doing that i usually just have it in d5 whats the difference?