Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 3.5L 6MT max vs. 06-07 TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 3.5L 6MT max vs. 06-07 TL-S

I was driving home the other night on the highway and saw the TL and normally I don't do this but I wanted to see how I would fair against him. We only had 2 small runs and some scattered traffic got in the way but he was pulling ahead slowly at about 100. Basically I lost (I drive the max) but it was close.

The TL was bone stock and seemed like a 6MT. My mods are the following 2002 SE 6-speed: WM STS, MT-90, ES poly shifter bushings, PR CAI w/ K&N, Hotshot headers, Warpspeed MS cat, Cattman b-pipe, Frankencar Rear Section, ES Motor Mounts, Technosquare L-Spec ECU, Emanage Blue, Cleared out turn signals, Black headlight housing, Umnitza DDEs, Progress RSB, Powerslots/Hawk HPS. I just realized yesterday that I had an exhaust leak (it was leaking when we ran) so I'm sure that cost me some ponies. My intake manifold has been modified and I have significantly more power up top compared to stock (most of the power is lower end) This is a link to my dyno http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=525572 I know these TLs dyno around 250whp SAE so he had about 10whp on me but I would like to run again with exhaust leak fixed. I have one more power mod planned that should put me at the 250ish whp mark and then I'm going to the track.

If anyone in the Orlando area wants to go Speedworld and run I'll post again before I plan on going. If you are wondering what I'm doing on here my GF has an 03 CL-S 6MT (I almost bought one too, former 5th gen prelude owner).

P.s. - I don't mean for that to be a "my car is faster than yours" rather I want to see some import V6's modded at the track so we can beat up on mustang gt's =)
Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxspeedse02
I was driving home the other night on the highway and saw the TL and normally I don't do this but I wanted to see how I would fair against him. We only had 2 small runs and some scattered traffic got in the way but he was pulling ahead slowly at about 100. Basically I lost (I drive the max) but it was close.

The TL was bone stock and seemed like a 6MT. My mods are the following 2002 SE 6-speed: WM STS, MT-90, ES poly shifter bushings, PR CAI w/ K&N, Hotshot headers, Warpspeed MS cat, Cattman b-pipe, Frankencar Rear Section, ES Motor Mounts, Technosquare L-Spec ECU, Emanage Blue, Cleared out turn signals, Black headlight housing, Umnitza DDEs, Progress RSB, Powerslots/Hawk HPS. I just realized yesterday that I had an exhaust leak (it was leaking when we ran) so I'm sure that cost me some ponies. My intake manifold has been modified and I have significantly more power up top compared to stock (most of the power is lower end) This is a link to my dyno http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=525572 I know these TLs dyno around 250whp SAE so he had about 10whp on me but I would like to run again with exhaust leak fixed. I have one more power mod planned that should put me at the 250ish whp mark and then I'm going to the track.

If anyone in the Orlando area wants to go Speedworld and run I'll post again before I plan on going. If you are wondering what I'm doing on here my GF has an 03 CL-S 6MT (I almost bought one too, former 5th gen prelude owner).

P.s. - I don't mean for that to be a "my car is faster than yours" rather I want to see some import V6's modded at the track so we can beat up on mustang gt's =)
Mods please delete this thread I hit stop on my browser because it was taking forever. Thanks