3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

@@Wait for 2006 gs430 or buy acura 2005 rl@@@

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would stay away from any first model year like the 05 RL. The car is awesome but its a first year for a lot of stuff on that car. I would wait to either later 05 model year or just get the 06. You should never buy a car cause of a name. If you want that by a MB, or a bmw. Hell I mentioned that I looked at a MB c-230 to someone the other day and I told them about the TL wich Im going to get. He was like ah you have to get the MB its such a better car come on its a Benz.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:55 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rescueswimmer - The 05 RL is not going to be the only first year model that will have problems. The GS will have just as many problems as the RL.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PetesTL
What part of the English language do you not understand? I said, when I went to my dealer to preorder the RL, my sales agent informed me that the RL comes fully loaded and will have no options, except the A-Spec package. So, I went ahead and requested to have the A-Spec package on my black/black RL. Is that good enough for you or do you still need a frickin translator? BTW, it is McGrath Acura of Des Plaines. (all Acura dealers ARE taking RL preorders at this time).
You're enthusiasm is great. Your understanding of the ordering process is a bit confused. At this point, "pre-orders" are dealers putting customers on an in-house list. As the dealers get more information about availability, option and color restrictions, and pricing, they will let customers on the list know what's available to them. At no point is a customers name assigned to a specific order as far as Acura’s concerned. I just ordered a BMW and Volvo and both cars had my name assigned to them as soon as the order was placed in the system. You can actually track the order by your name from placement to vehicle delivery. Acura Corporate’s only interaction in the ordering process is that car “A” is destined for dealer “B”. I had one of the first MDX's in NY/NJ and got to know the Acura ordering system and their dealer ethics the hard way. Acura "tells" the dealers what they are getting in the way of colors and allotments, not the other way around. And since the orders are managed by the dealer and not Acura, the dealer can manipulate their "order" list any way they see fit. In other words, if someone comes in with a better offer - they go to the top of the list. It also means that if Acura sends the dealer silver cars, if the first person on the list wants black, they have two choices – take silver, or move down the list until Acura sends the dealer a black car. Not a pretty process. I doubt there's going to be such a shortage on the RL. It’ll be like the TL – tight for the first couple of months and then readily available. I think your counting your chickens before they're hatched relying totally on preliminary information Acura's shared with their dealers as Acura is known to be incredibly secretive. On the upside, I used to live in Chicago and McGrath is a pretty straight up organization.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by MasterTL
Rescueswimmer - The 05 RL is not going to be the only first year model that will have problems. The GS will have just as many problems as the RL.
No way Jose. The GS may have a couple issues but the plant the GS is built has been the #1 plant in the world for the last 2 years. And the GS is the most reliable car in its class.
Though the RL I hope does not share an Accord platform or parts costing that much money and I am sure it will be built in Japan, so it should be a lot more reliable than the American built Acuras.
I couldnt have said better myself. You can WoW! all of your friends but when it comes down to it, who is the one really stuck with a POS. Not to say that the Lexus sucks, but if you like features and gadgets, the Acura is waaaay better than the Lexus. I know we have had comparisons such as the TL and the IS300 (both the 04 versions) and everyone concluded that the TL offered more power, luxury, and styling (styling i think is still up to debate by many). While Acura is definatly not one of the Big 3, but it doesnt mean it wont. With all of the competition that Acura is giving, the other companies better step up and move faster because Acura is owning the near-luxury competition with the TL and maybe TSX. When the RL comes out, it could be very possible that it takes over the Luxury car competitions as well. While no one has any confirmed and verified features, it has supposedly been leaked that the RL will have "real time" traffic updates which will be so goddamn amazing even Lexus will bow down to it.
Its good thinking (your arguement)but the more a car costs, prestige and the "WOW" factor does come into play, no matter if we like it or not. That is why they sell S430s that are outmatched by the competition. Or 67k loaded 530s. Hell 525s.
The other companies see Acura playing niches, it refuses to battle head on. Acura just now will have adaptive headlights and cruise control. Acura still does not have a RWD sedan or a V-8. Only the RL has real wood.
Also the Lexus GM stated after their extensive research and with the competition almost evenly matched, it will be more about quality and the whole ownership experience. With Acura your lucky to get a decent loaner or treated correctly. Lexus is on a whole different level with the ownership experience. People want this treatment. Luxury car buyers don't want to be in a waiting room with tons of young Integra and RSX owners. Snobbish a little. Yes. But it's the truth.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rescueswimmer
I would stay away from any first model year like the 05 RL. The car is awesome but its a first year for a lot of stuff on that car. I would wait to either later 05 model year or just get the 06. You should never buy a car cause of a name. If you want that by a MB, or a bmw. Hell I mentioned that I looked at a MB c-230 to someone the other day and I told them about the TL wich Im going to get. He was like ah you have to get the MB its such a better car come on its a Benz.
If people stayed away from first year models, the car industry would be dead. We're not talking about GM or Chrysler here. Acura/Honda is famous for its reliability and resale value. Their first-year models are better than any 2nd, 3rd or 4th year models from GM, Ford or Chrysler. The vast majority of TL owners here, including myself, are very satisifed with the their '04 TL's and do not have any major issues. I'm sure Acura has done extensive testing of their flagship RL and it's technology before bringing it out, and I have no doubt that it will be a major success for Acura.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rescueswimmer
I've had M-B's before and now have a BMW. Never once did I give a crap whose name was on the car. I've owned two Acura's and my second car's a Volvo disputing the whole theory of buying a specific brand as a statement on ones self esteem. I have friends that have M-B's and BMW's and those that drive pick-ups. Guess what, when we talk cars, the "label" isn't even part of the conversation. Performance, handling, features, reliability are the topics of conversation and apply just as well to a Ford pick-up as they do to a BMW 7 series. Nobody on the BMW or M-B forums looks down on Acura owners, why then do Acura owners constantly feel the need to justify their purchase over buying a BMW or M-B by claiming that it's somehow an owner self esteem thing? You’ll find that most people who don't have to stretch financially to buy a luxury car have reached the point in their lives that they could care less what other people think.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BarryH
You're enthusiasm is great. Your understanding of the ordering process is a bit confused. At this point, "pre-orders" are dealers putting customers on an in-house list. As the dealers get more information about availability, option and color restrictions, and pricing, they will let customers on the list know what's available to them. At no point is a customers name assigned to a specific order as far as Acura’s concerned. I just ordered a BMW and Volvo and both cars had my name assigned to them as soon as the order was placed in the system. You can actually track the order by your name from placement to vehicle delivery. Acura Corporate’s only interaction in the ordering process is that car “A” is destined for dealer “B”. I had one of the first MDX's in NY/NJ and got to know the Acura ordering system and their dealer ethics the hard way. Acura "tells" the dealers what they are getting in the way of colors and allotments, not the other way around. And since the orders are managed by the dealer and not Acura, the dealer can manipulate their "order" list any way they see fit. In other words, if someone comes in with a better offer - they go to the top of the list. It also means that if Acura sends the dealer silver cars, if the first person on the list wants black, they have two choices – take silver, or move down the list until Acura sends the dealer a black car. Not a pretty process. I doubt there's going to be such a shortage on the RL. It’ll be like the TL – tight for the first couple of months and then readily available. I think your counting your chickens before they're hatched relying totally on preliminary information Acura's shared with their dealers as Acura is known to be incredibly secretive. On the upside, I used to live in Chicago and McGrath is a pretty straight up organization.
.....thanks for your input. All I know is, I preordered my RL at McGrath Acura in Morton Grove on Tuesday and my sales agent asked me which color I wanted (black/black) and also that an A-Spec Package would be offered by the dealer ( ). He told me that I was "number 10" on the their list and the manager assured me that I was getting the car in the initial shipment in Oct. I bought my new TL here and they have awesome service--free loaners at any time and gave me great discounts on accessories.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Getmoney1
The m45 is out of my price range.(60k)..im also the type of guy who likes to do research and explore options before just plunking down 50k cash..i respect my money.
The M45 isn't going to be out of your price range, unless you want a fully loaded car. The M35 starts at $39,800 and the M45 tops out at $57,200 fully loaded with every imaginable option. So, $39,800 - $57,200 is the price range of the M's. The new Cadillac STS is going to be in that price-range as well.

Personally, I think that anyone buying a car that has never seen one or driven the competition is doing a great disservice to themselves. Why are some people so close-minded and blinded by brand loyalty? People need to open up to the possibilities of something new. There so are many great cars out there.

IMO, the M45 has all of the right stuff to become the next benchmark in its class, but only when the real car comes out against the competition will we see what happens.

Old 06-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MasterTL
I agree totally with you there.

It doesnt matter chrysler ford chevy acura, bmw, mb, If it is a brand new production there are going to be problems. Granted that Acura/Honda BMW, MB have far less this still doesnt dismiss they all have it. Just look at the TL, Rattles Tires headliner Granted these are small items but you better believe the 05 will not have the same issues that the 04 has.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Also the Lexus GM stated after their extensive research and with the competition almost evenly matched, it will be more about quality and the whole ownership experience. With Acura your lucky to get a decent loaner or treated correctly. Lexus is on a whole different level with the ownership experience. People want this treatment. Luxury car buyers don't want to be in a waiting room with tons of young Integra and RSX owners. Snobbish a little. Yes. But it's the truth.
After being with acura for a long while, i can definetely see the difference in the "ownership experience". The service at infiniti is awesome! They give really good loaners , they have a really nice waiting room, and they are so polite and helpful. My friend (who drives a lexus) went with me once to infiniti when i needed to get my car serviced and he said it felt like he was at the lexus dealership. I went with him once to his lexus dealership and the service was just like infiniti. Acura has a long way to go when it comes to the luxury ownership experience.

But back on topic, I think that the M45, RL, and GS are all nice upcoming cars. Each of them however has a flaw to each of them in the exterior. The rear lights in the M45 are kinda big, The RL's rear looks sorta off, and the GS kinda looks like a maxima or at least an older generation GS. All the interiors look great, but i think the M45's is the nicest. (just an opinion) But if your only really choosing between the GS and RL, all i have to say is to wait till they both come out, test drive both and get a feel for which one is better. I personally like the looks of the RL more. Theres something about lexus cars that don't appeal to me (kinda bland) except for the ls430. I love the way that car looks When the cars do come out though, you should stop by infiniti and check the M45 out since all the cars your looking at are in the same class.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:35 PM

After being with acura for a long while, i can definetely see the difference in the "ownership experience". The service at infiniti is awesome! They give really good loaners , they have a really nice waiting room, and they are so polite and helpful. My friend (who drives a lexus) went with me once to infiniti when i needed to get my car serviced and he said it felt like he was at the lexus dealership. I went with him once to his lexus dealership and the service was just like infiniti. Acura has a long way to go when it comes to the luxury ownership experience.
I agree, the Infiniti Service is great. Everytime I've gone to test drive a car or visit a friend I've had good experiences. The dealerships are top notch.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:34 PM
My name is RL.

A good case for sterilization?

What part of the English language do you not understand?
In this case, the parts that you are poorly attempting to use.

I said, when I went to my dealer to preorder the RL, my sales agent informed me that the RL comes fully loaded and will have no options, except the A-Spec package.
No you didn't. You said:

when I went to my dealer to preorder, he told me whether or not I wanted A-Spec since that's the only option on the car.
and that is right up there with the ramblings of a first grader.

So, I went ahead and requested to have the A-Spec package on my black/black RL. Is that good enough for you or do you still need a frickin translator?
I wouldn't call this translating. I would characterize it as you realizing that what you first wrote made you appear as though you were stupid or had down's syndrome or some other type of mental incapacity so you restated your original point. I appreciate the effort but I don't see why you think I need help when you are the one explaining yourself for the second time. You can also point that grinfawk right back at yourself. Idiot.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GO_TL
In this case, the parts that you are poorly attempting to use.

No you didn't. You said:

and that is right up there with the ramblings of a first grader.

I wouldn't call this translating. I would characterize it as you realizing that what you first wrote made you appear as though you were stupid or had down's syndrome or some other type of mental incapacity so you restated your original point. I appreciate the effort but I don't see why you think I need help when you are the one explaining yourself for the second time. You can also point that grinfawk right back at yourself. Idiot.
Really? ...I was wondering when you finally crawled out of your hole and respond, moron......hehe.........So what's eating up your ass? Your pet goldfish frickin croak or something? So why do you get all worked up when I said I ordered an RL?.............Fuckin loser........Now go back into your corner and take your medication before you go hurt yourself! :fingerfawk: :fingerfawk: :fingerfawk: :fingerfawk: :fingerfawk: :fingerfawk:
Old 06-12-2004, 02:57 PM
My name is RL.

Lexus brings it.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No way Jose. The GS may have a couple issues but the plant the GS is built has been the #1 plant in the world for the last 2 years. And the GS is the most reliable car in its class.
Though the RL I hope does not share an Accord platform or parts costing that much money and I am sure it will be built in Japan, so it should be a lot more reliable than the American built Acuras.

Its good thinking (your arguement)but the more a car costs, prestige and the "WOW" factor does come into play, no matter if we like it or not. That is why they sell S430s that are outmatched by the competition. Or 67k loaded 530s. Hell 525s.
The other companies see Acura playing niches, it refuses to battle head on. Acura just now will have adaptive headlights and cruise control. Acura still does not have a RWD sedan or a V-8. Only the RL has real wood.
Lexus ranks pretty high (or more to the point, low) in quality surveys. According to J.D. Powers Toyota/Lexus are the highest ranking in initial quality rankings.

JDPower 2004 IQS Rankings

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. continues to be the highest-ranking corporation in IQS, with seven models receiving awards—the most of any corporation. Toyota is followed in the corporate ranking by American Honda Motor Co. and Hyundai Motor America in a tie, and by BMW of North America, respectively. While General Motors Corporation, DaimlerChrysler and Ford Motor Company continue to demonstrate product improvement, all three continue to rank below the industry average.

Lexus set a new IQS record with its Lexus SC 430, which is the best-performing model in the IQS history, scoring just 44 PP100. Lexus remains the top-ranked nameplate, despite a 14 percent decline in initial quality, with four models receiving awards. Lexus is followed in the nameplate rankings by Cadillac, Jaguar, Honda, and Buick and Mercury in tie, respectively.

2004 IQS Assembly Plant Awards

Toyota’s Tahara, Japan, car plant, which produces the Lexus GS 300/GS 430 and the Lexus LS 430, receives the Platinum award for worldwide plant quality for the third consecutive year, with a score of 53 PP100. Honda and Toyota plants also receive awards in the Asia Pacific region, while Porsche, Honda and Ford plants receive honors in Europe. For the first time in the North/South America region, all three awards go to Michigan plants. General Motors’ Lansing Grand River and Hamtramck plants receive the Gold and Silver awards, respectively, and Ford’s Wixom plant receives the Bronze award.

The SC430, achieved the overall lowest number of defects per 100 vehicles produced, 44, and Toyota/Lexus earned the overall lowest score of 87 problems per 100 vehicles which is awesome when compared to the highest, Hummer, with an overall number of 173 per 100 vehicles.

Link to the JDPowers report: http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases...asp?ID=2004037
Old 06-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GO_TL
Lexus ranks pretty high (or more to the point, low) in quality surveys. According to J.D. Powers Toyota/Lexus are the highest ranking in initial quality rankings.

JDPower 2004 IQS Rankings

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. continues to be the highest-ranking corporation in IQS, with seven models receiving awards—the most of any corporation. Toyota is followed in the corporate ranking by American Honda Motor Co. and Hyundai Motor America in a tie, and by BMW of North America, respectively. While General Motors Corporation, DaimlerChrysler and Ford Motor Company continue to demonstrate product improvement, all three continue to rank below the industry average.

Lexus set a new IQS record with its Lexus SC 430, which is the best-performing model in the IQS history, scoring just 44 PP100. Lexus remains the top-ranked nameplate, despite a 14 percent decline in initial quality, with four models receiving awards. Lexus is followed in the nameplate rankings by Cadillac, Jaguar, Honda, and Buick and Mercury in tie, respectively.

2004 IQS Assembly Plant Awards

Toyota’s Tahara, Japan, car plant, which produces the Lexus GS 300/GS 430 and the Lexus LS 430, receives the Platinum award for worldwide plant quality for the third consecutive year, with a score of 53 PP100. Honda and Toyota plants also receive awards in the Asia Pacific region, while Porsche, Honda and Ford plants receive honors in Europe. For the first time in the North/South America region, all three awards go to Michigan plants. General Motors’ Lansing Grand River and Hamtramck plants receive the Gold and Silver awards, respectively, and Ford’s Wixom plant receives the Bronze award.

The SC430, achieved the overall lowest number of defects per 100 vehicles produced, 44, and Toyota/Lexus earned the overall lowest score of 87 problems per 100 vehicles which is awesome when compared to the highest, Hummer, with an overall number of 173 per 100 vehicles.

Link to the JDPowers report: http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases...asp?ID=2004037
.......LIAR!........don't listen to this idiot!.......ramblings of a first grader!....... w/Down's Syndrome or some other mental incapacity!!
Old 06-12-2004, 03:16 PM
My name is RL.

STOP! STOP! STOP this person from procreating.

Well, i have to keep this on topic. The dealers I spoke with told me:

NO A-Spec information at this time.
NO guarantee of interior/exterior color.
NO information on initial delivery numbers (12-20 was their WAG)
NO way that an order such as yours could ever be guaranteed.

Someone is trying to sell you something that doesn't exist. Brace yourself for the disappointment. What am I saying? You probably deal with that on a daily basis.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

If you wish to continue posting here, refrain from vular and personal attacks on other members!
Old 06-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

BTW, GONADS-LESS_TL, don't go........this is too much fun.........come back and take it like a man.........or a boy in your case. :fingerfawk:
Old 06-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Proboscis-free zone

Hard to imagine why anyone would spend $60K on a Toyota, but that is exactly what Lexus buyers do. Helloooo? It's just a car for crying out loud! There, I feel much better.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Drifting

Everybody. Please watch your language and stay on topic. This is your last and final warning.