Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*****RAVE - Acura of Serramonte*****

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*****RAVE - Acura of Serramonte*****

So I took the TL to Acura of Serramonte for a ton of warranty repairs. I had such a great experience with this dealership. I receievd a free loaner for the whole time, with unlimited miles. Dropped the car off on Saturday and car was finished by Friday. They also washed and vacuumed the car at no charge. When I picked up the car the service advisor took the time to explain every detail of what was done to the car. Here is the list of what I had done:

1. Rear shelf rattle.
2. Sunroof rattle.
3. Outside temp. Gauge.
4. Sagging headliner.
5. Third brake light cover sagging.
6. 5th gear vibration.
7. Driver side B-pillar rattle.
8. Dash area rattle.
9. They even did the rear bump stop repair, which includes a four wheel alignment, all for free of course.

The car is super quiet now, it's like a new car again! I do still hear a small bit of noise still coming from the drivers door area and I am pretty sure I will bring back in for the headliner sag. This is do to that they just re-installed new fastners and it still looks as it is sagging somewhat. The service advisor did state that there are two fixes for this issue and normally the fastners is done first. However I am still very pleaed with the service received from Acura of Serramonte.

A big thanks goes out to everyone on ACURAZINE!!!! If it was not for this site I would not have even known about these fixes and that they are all covered under warranty
Old 10-07-2006, 12:44 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I've also heard great things about this dealership. Good to know they were not isolated compliments.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Advanced

Thumbs down

I went there last month hoping to give the TL a test drive. I walked around with my friend for like 15 minutes helping ourselves cause nobody would pay attention to us. There were at least 3 salemen standing around that I made eye contacts with. I did not get any service. We left immediately. They will not be getting my business. Thumbs down.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Instructor

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by subinf
I've also heard great things about this dealership. Good to know they were not isolated compliments.
Acura of Serramonte has the worst customer service, IMHO, and I'll never take a car there again. To be fair, there are a few advisors that are good working there. The Svc Mngr (who will remain nameless) doesn't know how to deal with difficult issues, many which they caused. It took them 3 attempts to fix my center console which they damaged. They would identify a problem with the car, document it, attempt to fix it then when the problem wasn't corrected, they would state that it doesn't exist. They kept adding weights and overinflated my tires to eliminate vibrations, far exceeding the max according to Bridgestone. They said that a whine that developed in my tranny was a "normal characteristic" of my car as well as the vibrations.

When I finally got fed up with 13 service visits in 1 year (33 days in the shop) with problems still existing, which they acknowledged, I took them to BBB lemon law arbitration. Acura of Seramonte didn't even provide Acura with a correct list of my car's problems and # of service visits to help their case. I never forget the look on the svc mngrs face when I turned over my POS LEMON 04TL and got 100% of my $$$ back.

Autowest Acura of Stevens Creek is by far a better dealership for service. I've had nothing but excellent service from them.

Good luck with Serramonte Acura . . ..
Old 10-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Burning Brakes

What did they do with the 5th gear vibration to fix it??? I'm going to bring my car for service there soon and want to address the vibration problem as well. They did put a damper or somthing?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by whatjones911
What did they do with the 5th gear vibration to fix it??? I'm going to bring my car for service there soon and want to address the vibration problem as well. They did put a damper or somthing?
What they did is install a dynamic damper onto the bottom of the subframe near the rear. I did drive the car to Modesto yesterday and the only issues are still hearing some noise from the door area. I also think there is still some slight headliner sag but when I do the 30k, I will have them re-address these issues.