How does P-AWS handle Winter and snow

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016 | 07:51 PM
Advanced

How does P-AWS handle Winter and snow

Hey All,

Just picked up a brand new 2015 RLX P-AWS and coming from a TL SH-AWD...Couldnt pass on the offer which I see as a major upgrade. Only think is that's its not AWD. So far, it drives just as good if not better then my old TL AWD but wonder how it will perform in Winter. I do have brand new Nokian Hakka 8 purchased which I will equipe when winter comes around. Anyone can speak about P-AWS performance in winter with winter tires on?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2016 | 09:28 AM
Pro

Congrats on the new RLX. I have the same white P-AWS model in 2014 (advance) and came from a 2012 TL SH-AWD.

I am in the Toronto area and driving my RLX in the winter on my stock all seasons was uneventful. I don't recall ever feeling unsafe in the snow. Naturally it would be even better with a winter set. I upgraded the RLX to aftermarket wheels for my summer set, so I plan on putting winter rubber on my stock 19's for the upcoming winter season.

My opinion of the RLX vs. the TLX is that like you, it's a step up for features and luxury, but a step down for handling. My TL felt like it was always stapled to the road with SH-AWD, and the RLX (albeit a bigger vehicle), is not nearly as planted as the TL.

In retrospect, I don't think I appreciated the TL as much as I should have for its driving characteristics. It was one hell of a vehicle.
Old 06-10-2016 | 07:43 PM
Advanced

Sorry to have asked on previous post. Thanks for confirming your experience with P-AWS in snow. That was my only concern when making the move from my 2014 TL SH-AWD...Fanatic that I am, I have my eye on a demo SH-AWD hybrid and thinking to make the switch at my dealer after only 2 month with my P-AWS....Thats how much I love the car. I know, Im crazy but if the price is right, why not....But man, I hope the urge matches the benefits of Hybrid and AWD. Luckily the demo is BWP again which is my favorite color for RLX and even TL in my opinion.