2014 P-AWS Advance Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 P-AWS Advance Window Tint

Just had my windows tinted and I also covered the chrome trim around the windows with vinyl wrap. My previous car was an '06 TL and I always liked the way there was no chrome around the windows. I may have lost some of the upscale look in favor of a more sportier look.

The following 2 users liked this post by NJ-RLX:
pgeorg (02-16-2017), R.L. ina TL (02-25-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Very nice. And I am partial to GLM. The smoked chrome wheels might look good if you favor the stealthy black out treatment? Perhaps experiment with a vinyl spray on the wheels if you do not wish to invest with new wheels?
The following users liked this post:
NJ-RLX (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Although I'm partial the the look of chrome, I like the look of your ride. I think the color blends well. Also love that darker tint on a dark car. Gives the car a nice stance. I've had some issues with passing inspection in the past here in NC related to my window tint. Sometimes the recommended tint shops are not following the letter of the law when it comes to tint. What looks good, may not be legal. With that said, I'll probably have my windows legally tinted sometime this spring. I also noticed the spoiler, mud guards and the body side moldings. Is that the OEM spoiler? Looks very flush to the trunk.
NJ-RLX (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TampaRLX-SH
Very nice. And I am partial to GLM. The smoked chrome wheels might look good if you favor the stealthy black out treatment? Perhaps experiment with a vinyl spray on the wheels if you do not wish to invest with new wheels?
Thanks, Tampa. I think I have been bitten by the Mod Bug. Trying to fight it off. Will probably look at changing up the wheels in the coming months. Would most likely be a darker color as you suggested.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by moose66
Although I'm partial the the look of chrome, I like the look of your ride. I think the color blends well. Also love that darker tint on a dark car. Gives the car a nice stance. I've had some issues with passing inspection in the past here in NC related to my window tint. Sometimes the recommended tint shops are not following the letter of the law when it comes to tint. What looks good, may not be legal. With that said, I'll probably have my windows legally tinted sometime this spring. I also noticed the spoiler, mud guards and the body side moldings. Is that the OEM spoiler? Looks very flush to the trunk.
Thanks. Front tinted windows are actually illegal in the Garden State. The tint company makes it a point to tell all customers, however it does not stop many people from tinting their fronts. We only have emissions inspection here so tinting will not be an issue at inspection time. We'll see how long they last on my car. Hopefully the authorities will not have to stop me for any other reason. I assume the spoiler is OEM. It was on the car when I purchased it this past November.

Last edited by NJ-RLX; 02-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
So that's what the decklid looks like. Could you take a picture of your truck?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wilspainar
So that's what the decklid looks like. Could you take a picture of your truck?
I am going to go out on a limb here and say you did not want a picture of my 2000 F150 So here are a few shots of the trunk lid.

And another side view for good measure
moose66 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks good! I'm definitely going to tint the windows. I'm on the fence about the chrome piece, I'm curious to see how it looks with a gloss black finish.