Used 2020 RLX Sport Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 04:47 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,201 Posts
I purchased my RLX in CA with a front plate. No front plate required for NM. There was a hole drilled in the center of front bumper when the front plate was installed. Purchased black screws to "try" and cover up the holes.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 333 Likes on 230 Posts
@mrgold35 Ouch. Hurts to look at that. When I had my GS, I went to this guy I knew to install a lip spoiler. The idiot drill a hole from underneath right thru my lower bumper where the fog lights sit! I was horrified. Only remedy was to repaint the bumper, easily $1500 to fix. I never did get around to fixing the bumper. Had to live with that ugly hole for last 3 years every time I see my GS. I guess it was little annoyances like that finally pushed me to get rid of it. This time around, no more mods. I'm keeping this thing bone stock.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by jdpdata
@mrgold35 Ouch. Hurts to look at that. When I had my GS, I went to this guy I knew to install a lip spoiler. The idiot drill a hole from underneath right thru my lower bumper where the fog lights sit! I was horrified. Only remedy was to repaint the bumper, easily $1500 to fix. I never did get around to fixing the bumper. Had to live with that ugly hole for last 3 years every time I see my GS. I guess it was little annoyances like that finally pushed me to get rid of it. This time around, no more mods. I'm keeping this thing bone stock.
This story brings back memories. I have had two GS hybrids. I had a black '10 which I traded in for a '13 (same color as you had I believe jdpdata). I found the '13 at Carmax. When I took the '10 in for the trade evaluation at Carmax, they asked me if it had been painted at all. In full disclosure, I said yes. The previous owner had drilled holes in the front bumper for a plate holder. Of course, not needing that holder here in NC, I wanted those hoes fixed. I took it to a reputable body shop and had the bumper fixed. Looked as good as new when I got it back. However, once the trade evaluator looked at it, they told me they had to deduct from the value because the bumper had been painted. Really? Of course, I was livid. But I wanted to get into that '13 so I just bit the bullet and took what they offered. Low ball of course. Moral of the story, if you can avoid painting, don't do it. Or at least don't tell them about it if you do!
Old 10-19-2020, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
[QUOTE=jdpdata;16645202]Thanks! Finally enable to fulfil my dream of owning a Legend Sedan (sort of)

jdpdata, the exterior color of your car is exactly the opposite of mine I got the ebony interior as well. Reminds me of the Michael Jackson song Black or White... hahaha
Old 10-19-2020, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I purchased my RLX in CA with a front plate. No front plate required for NM. There was a hole drilled in the center of front bumper when the front plate was installed. Purchased black screws to "try" and cover up the holes.

Mine came with the front plate also when I order it from Virginia. Florida have no need for front plate, good thing they didn't put that bumper screw on mine... Still not sure why that bumper screw is necessary, the 3 screws on the lower grill should be sufficient to hold it.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks! Finally enable to fulfil my dream of owning a Legend Sedan (sort of)

Fantastic instructions, I got it to work with these instructions. Why isn't this in the manual? I followed instructions in manual, didn't work a damn.

Yes, I do have a big-ass grin every time I hit that throttle.

and remember to hit that 'Sports' button every now and then, you'll extend that grin from ear to ear... hehehehe
Old 10-19-2020, 09:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Does that "Sport" button only hold gear longer or does it stiffen the suspension and tighten the steering too? RLX SH doesn't have adaptive suspension correct? I love the stiffer suspension on my GS. I had RSR coilovers and the tighter steering in S+ mode was a lot of fun. RLX does exhibit a bit of a wallowing ride and more body lean than I'm used to. I do appreciate the vault-like quietness of the RLX. Coming from a GS with a full catback exhaust that drones like crazy to this thing is quite a change with its near silent cabin. I'm enjoying the peaceful ride, so is the wife and kids. When the salesman started the car, I couldn't hear the starter standing 5 ft away. And while backing up it uses EV mode unlike our MDX, that was awesome.

Last edited by jdpdata; 10-19-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:24 AM
Burning Brakes

the "Sport" button opens up everything, extra exhaust and power. and charge up your hybrid battery quick, ICE kick in all time. I think the SH is more engaging. You can hear the deep exhaust sound that say give me full 377 horses

when it comes to curve and corner, I think the electric SHAWD torque vector move/corner large car like ours agilely and nicely

Last edited by psheu; 10-20-2020 at 02:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:44 AM
mrgold35

If you check out the muffler, it has dual outlets. One out the back and another pointed towards the ground. I haven't seen any documentation on how the system works; but, I'm assuming it is for when you want smooth/quiet mode or when you want wild modes of driving. I've also noticed my RLX is programed for more EV mode than my MDX hybrid. I see EV mode in the RLX in reverse, higher mph, and for longer periods compared to my MDX in the same driving conditions. My MDX only comes in at 100lbs more and the SUV aerodynamics shouldn't effect EV mode that much at city speeds. I wish I could pick the best features/tech/engine of the MDX and RLX to put together.

I wish Acura kicked the bean counters out the room when they were updating the +18 RLX. The electronic dampers with IDS modes like the MDX hybrid would have been perfect (comfort, normal, sport, sport+). I can live without Carplay, fine with the cartoon graphics on dual screens, or no auto heated/cooled seats in the RLX. My MDX hybrid handles several levels better with thin all season 245/50 tires when the road gets twisty compared to my RLX.

Last edited by mrgold35; 10-20-2020 at 05:48 AM.
jdpdata (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 186 Posts
So I did ask the salesman what was the deal with this car. He said (not sure if I believe him) that previous owner was an older gentleman. He didn't like the fact that the car engine shuts down at a red light. And that there was no "off" button for start/stop feature. Dealer explained to him that this is a Sport Hybrid, it's designed that way and not really a start/stop idle feature like in other cars. I guess the owner didn't like that he couldn't defeat this feature so he took a $20K loss selling the car after only 7 months of ownership. He put only 4100 miles on it. I bought it with 4164 miles. So it's been sitting on dealer lot for over a month. I had full inspection done and looked over the car top and bottom and ran all DTC codes. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Only a minor wheel rashes on front driver wheel (how the heck did that happened). I ran CarFax and AutoCheck by Experian to double check for problems, both shows no issues with this car. It's like a new car with massive discount that's why I couldn't pass it up. For comparison, the only other RLX sport hybrid in this price range 250 miles around here is a 2019 RLX in Black with 18K miles advertised for $44.9K+TTL. Mine is newer with far less miles and I got it for $43.5K +TTL. Absolutely a steal! Dealer did raped me on my trade-in but I feel it was a fair deal considering the massive discount they gave on this RLX. Plus I didn't want to deal with selling my own car during Covid so I had them take it off my hands.
I can see that being true... while they amplify the numbers, I am sure dealer did not rip off 20k value based on 4k miles, but circumstance of it being traded back to dealer do make sense...
What I did not investigate myself enough was just what you mentioned here... Idle engine on/off feature truly cannot be turned off on RLX with a button (TLX has this, but RLX does not).

Can you describe how does this behave when you drive your RLX sport hybrid? I know the feature in general, have driven other cars with it, but specifically RLX sport hybrid, how does it affect your driving, etc. Do you hate it, like it, don't care about it?
No videos were posted on Youtube demoing this, so I assume it is not a big deal issue, but I know it could get annoying... fact that you cannot turn it off is somewhat a bother to me, but weighing in if it's worth scratching RLX off my list lol

thanks!!!
Old 10-20-2020, 12:10 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
Originally Posted by moose66
This story brings back memories. I have had two GS hybrids. I had a black '10 which I traded in for a '13 (same color as you had I believe jdpdata). I found the '13 at Carmax. When I took the '10 in for the trade evaluation at Carmax, they asked me if it had been painted at all. In full disclosure, I said yes. The previous owner had drilled holes in the front bumper for a plate holder. Of course, not needing that holder here in NC, I wanted those hoes fixed. I took it to a reputable body shop and had the bumper fixed. Looked as good as new when I got it back. However, once the trade evaluator looked at it, they told me they had to deduct from the value because the bumper had been painted. Really? Of course, I was livid. But I wanted to get into that '13 so I just bit the bullet and took what they offered. Low ball of course. Moral of the story, if you can avoid painting, don't do it. Or at least don't tell them about it if you do!
don't feel badly, they were gonna low ball you to begin with...that's their business model
Old 10-20-2020, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rl015
I can see that being true... while they amplify the numbers, I am sure dealer did not rip off 20k value based on 4k miles, but circumstance of it being traded back to dealer do make sense...
What I did not investigate myself enough was just what you mentioned here... Idle engine on/off feature truly cannot be turned off on RLX with a button (TLX has this, but RLX does not).

Can you describe how does this behave when you drive your RLX sport hybrid? I know the feature in general, have driven other cars with it, but specifically RLX sport hybrid, how does it affect your driving, etc. Do you hate it, like it, don't care about it?
No videos were posted on Youtube demoing this, so I assume it is not a big deal issue, but I know it could get annoying... fact that you cannot turn it off is somewhat a bother to me, but weighing in if it's worth scratching RLX off my list lol

thanks!!!
The idle start/stop transitions in our RLX and MDX are seamless. You cannot feel when electric motor turns off and ICE kicks in. It is absolutely silent with no noise or any vibrations that I can feel. It's an non-issue for me. Hard to believe someone would be so bothered by this "feature" that they would take a huge depreciation hit to trade-in this wonderful vehicle. YT video of this would be pointless as you cannot hear anything. You need to test drive the Sport Hybrid yourself to appreciate all that it offers. Such an underrated car. I'm fortunate to own both variant in SUV and Sedan form.
rlx015 (10-21-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 01:22 PM
Burning Brakes

thanks!!!
I've been driving the RLX SH since 2016. It was so good I got the 2020 RLX SH after my lease was up. And I plan to keep this one The engine on/off works seamlessly with all of the engines in this car (3 electric motors and ICE). It'll make you think, why turn it off, it's giving me tons of power, sipping gas instead of galloping, quiet and smooth. BEST car ever

The ICE only turn on when you need power or charging hybrid battery. No need to run the engine when you are parked at the light. And when you take off from the light, the electric engine starts the initial momentum. The super handling all-wheel drive knows where to send the power that's most needed. The configuration change amongst rear wheel drive, all wheel drive and front wheel drive. charge the hybrid when you brake or take corner. very neat
Old 10-20-2020, 01:35 PM

so it basically removes all the inefficiency of getting an ICE car going from a dead stop, hence the better city gas mileage.
I wish I needed a car and had that sort of budget in just one car.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by psheu
I've been driving the RLX SH since 2016. It was so good I got the 2020 RLX SH after my lease was up. And I plan to keep this one The engine on/off works seamlessly with all of the engines in this car (3 electric motors and ICE). It'll make you think, why turn it off, it's giving me tons of power, sipping gas instead of galloping, quiet and smooth. BEST car ever

The ICE only turn on when you need power or charging hybrid battery. No need to run the engine when you are parked at the light. And when you take off from the light, the electric engine starts the initial momentum. The super handling all-wheel drive knows where to send the power that's most needed. The configuration change amongst rear wheel drive, all wheel drive and front wheel drive. charge the hybrid when you brake or take corner. very neat
Ditto. I also had a 2016, and sold that to Carvana (someone on this forum bought the 2016 from Carvana) to buy a 2019. Came to the RLX after owning two Lexus GS450H's (2010 and 2013). Loved the Lexus. But it was not updated with the latest tech. RLX has everything, if you can look beyond the infotainment center and lack of CarPlay, which I obviously have no issue with. I like that the RLX has more room and all the tech. GS was cramped. The auto-start/stop in the RLX is seamless. When I hit the gas, it wakes up and does exactly what I want it to do without hesitation. My wife and I call it a pricey golf cart when it is in battery mode. Was leaning to getting rid of it for an LS500h, but changed my mind. Since the RLX is going away, I figured I would hold on to it a little longer.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:20 PM
Burning Brakes

I thought about getting an LS500 F Sport, but damn it's $100k+ optioned the way I want, not worth it IMO. RLX SH at $43.5K with everything I could ever want is an absolute steal. I'm ecstatic still for grabbing this beast before someone else snatched it. That rear legroom is no joke, it's huge! My little kids sit back there, they look like tiny midgets now And they love the heated rear seats. Can't wait for winter time to drive up the mountains. What's the deal with Acura not including rear USB charging ports. Our MDX Tech has it, this thing is higher Advanced package and is missing some stuff that should be standard (real wood trim, rear USB ports, Automatic seat heat/cool, Auto rear AC).

Last edited by jdpdata; 10-20-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:25 PM
Burning Brakes

I thought about getting an LS500 F Sport, but damn it's $100k+ optioned the way I want, not worth it IMO. RLX SH at $43.5K with everything I could ever want is an absolute steal. I'm ecstatic still for grabbing this beast before someone else snatched it. That rear legroom is no joke, it's huge! My little kids sit back there, they look like tiny midgets now And they love the heated rear seats. Can't wait for winter time to drive up the mountains. What's the deal with Acura not including rear USB charging ports. Our MDX Tech has it, this thing is higher Advanced package and is missing some stuff that should be standard (real wood trim, rear USB ports, Automatic seat heat/cool, Auto rear AC).
Yeah, fully loaded, the LS will eats some ends! But learned years ago, avoid buying new if you can help it. Bought the aforementioned 2016 RLX new and had my lunch handed to me. Also bought the 2018 MDX new. Did much better on that one. The LSh is a sweet ride, but a different animal from the RLX Still have my eye on one though.

Yeah, there are some things missing from the RLX which make you scratch your head. Especially for what they were calling the flagship. It is missing some things which are standard on lesser rides. And I agree, I am 6'2 and I have sat comfortably in the back seat for an extended amount of time without issue. I'll take my limited edition ride anytime, until I move to the LSh! And even then, may have to keep it around.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:38 PM
mrgold35

It would have been sweet if Acura just did one more RLX model for 2021 with the new 4th Gen MDX interior. I'm 100% fine with the +18 RLX exterior styling and powertrain.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrgold35
It would have been sweet if Acura just did one more RLX model for 2021 with the new 4th Gen MDX interior. I'm 100% fine with the +18 RLX exterior styling and powertrain.
That would never happen. Acura is already bleeding dry with poor sales of the RLX. They'll be insane to invest any R&D into a 4Gen RLX. I'm fine with this last of a dying breed of cars. It's still an awesome sedan with tons of standard options and a great and dependable drivetrain. In the 3 years of owning our MDX, the worst issue we encountered was a premature dead battery which was replaced under warranty. I expect the same reliability with the RLX.
mrgold35 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 12:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Hmmm.... more idea for mod.
  1. Steering wheel, (thicker, perforated with carbon fiber).
  2. Convert rear center arm rest into storage with USB connection, maybe some touch screen display.
  3. Power trunk open/close
  4. 6 piston Brembo brake
  5. Wonder if the NSX turbo setup can be added to our engine... than again, these are for post/after warranty project

Last edited by psheu; 10-21-2020 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 11:14 AM
Burning Brakes

The idle start/stop transitions in our RLX and MDX are seamless. You cannot feel when electric motor turns off and ICE kicks in. It is absolutely silent with no noise or any vibrations that I can feel. It's an non-issue for me. Hard to believe someone would be so bothered by this "feature" that they would take a huge depreciation hit to trade-in this wonderful vehicle. YT video of this would be pointless as you cannot hear anything. You need to test drive the Sport Hybrid yourself to appreciate all that it offers. Such an underrated car. I'm fortunate to own both variant in SUV and Sedan form.
Thank you - that solves this concern for me ... another fact is: when I test drove RLX a couple of weeks back, I actually never noticed this feature ... beats my mind someone would not like this lol
Old 10-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Hmmm.... more idea for mod.
  1. Steering wheel, (thicker, perforated with carbon fiber).
  2. Convert rear center arm rest into storage with USB connection, maybe some touch screen display.
  3. Power trunk open/close
  4. 6 piston Brembo brake
  5. Wonder if the NSX turbo setup can be added to our engine... than again, these are for post/after warranty project
#1 - can steering wheel be re-done to get perforated leather but without affecting steering wheel heating option?
Old 10-21-2020, 11:50 AM
Burning Brakes

For comparison, I had opportunity yesterday to drive a 2021 TLX A-Spec loaner with idle start/stop. In that car, when the engine cuts out and start again, the entire car would vibrate violently. I can see how that would annoy the heck out of someone. Thankfully it had an "off" button. In the Sport Hybrid initial inertia to move the car is provided by the electric motors so you don't feel a thing. It's a wonderful system.

I do wish the RLX steering wheel was slightly thicker. It's a bit too thin for my taste. In my previous Lexus GS, I had a custom Carbon Fiber steering wheel with flat bottom. It was awesome, albeit heating elements would not work.

rlx015 (10-24-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Burning Brakes

#1 - can steering wheel be re-done to get perforated leather but without affecting steering wheel heating option?
I'm looking to find out. The heated steering wheel got the web of heating filament underneath the leather wrapping. if they can be transferred from one to the other, problem solved. Otherwise, it'll require a new set of heating setup. I got an extra RLX SH heated steering wheel from ebay a while back just sitting in the garage. Maybe one day I'll do some experiments on it. I see online that there are plenty of cool steering wheels out there. I've also looked into the 1gen TLX PMC edition steering wheel, but the bottom of that steering wheel is different from RLX. So to go that route, you'll have to swap out the entire steering wheel control commander.

Last edited by psheu; 10-21-2020 at 12:06 PM.
rlx015 (10-22-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Burning Brakes

There is a guy in Singapore (elvin) I believe that will do custom Carbon Fiber steering wheel with heating elements. It's not cheap, but his work is impressive. Reason you won't find anyone that does that kind of custom work here in USA, it is because of our safety laws. If done incorrectly, heating elements could cause a fire.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
For comparison, I had opportunity yesterday to drive a 2021 TLX A-Spec loaner with idle start/stop. In that car, when the engine cuts out and start again, the entire car would vibrate violently. I can see how that would annoy the heck out of someone. Thankfully it had an "off" button. In the Sport Hybrid initial inertia to move the car is provided by the electric motors so you don't feel a thing. It's a wonderful system.

I do wish the RLX steering wheel was slightly thicker. It's a bit too thin for my taste. In my previous Lexus GS, I had a custom Carbon Fiber steering wheel with flat bottom. It was awesome, albeit heating elements would not work.

Congrats on your RLX. I understand this is "fun" to drive in Sports mode, but how does it compare to both the 1G and 2G TLX for Normal Driving? What is the handling and acceleration like in normal mode? Specifically when accelerating from a stop or driving around town.

What about the suspension in the RLX vs the post MMC 2018+ 1G TLX? I heard the RLX had more body lean and didnt handle bad/rough pavement well (transmit vibrations to cabin). Maybe that was the early RLX? Very curious of your detailed experience. Thanks.

Last edited by AcuraGuy2016; 10-21-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Burning Brakes

I haven't driven 1G and 2G TLX long enough to come to a determination about daily road handling and acceleration. I've only had both for a few hours while my car was being worked on. And driven both only a few dozen miles. Obviously the 2G TLX have much more power (206 vs 272hp), so it feels much faster. There is still a horrible lag between gear changes when using paddles. Much worse on the 1G TLX. Interior for 1G is really boring. 2G interior really pops but still way too much cheap plastic for my taste. If you're not expecting too much luxuries, you would be very happy with the 2G TLX and for sure Type S would please the masses

My 2020 RLX does exhibit more body lean and wallowing ride when on rough pavement vs my 2015 Lexus GS (but that car had modified suspension with coilovers) so it's not a fair comparison. As compared to 1G and 2G TLX, both of those cars suspension feels firmer and less body lean. I do wish the RLX had IDS drive modes and adaptive suspension of the MDX. I do understand they made the suspension softer for a more "executive car" feel. But I don't think it's as bad as some reviewers said. It's definitely not "Buick" like ride. Coming from a modified car, I do appreciate the quietness and softer ride the RLX offers.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:31 PM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
I haven't driven 1G and 2G TLX long enough to come to a determination about daily road handling and acceleration. I've only had both for a few hours while my car was being worked on. And driven both only a few dozen miles. Obviously the 2G TLX have much more power (206 vs 272hp), so it feels much faster. There is still a horrible lag between gear changes when using paddles. Much worse on the 1G TLX. Interior for 1G is really boring. 2G interior really pops but still way too much cheap plastic for my taste. If you're not expecting too much luxuries, you would be very happy with the 2G TLX and for sure Type S would please the masses

My 2020 RLX does exhibit more body lean and wallowing ride when on rough pavement vs my 2015 Lexus GS (but that car had modified suspension with coilovers) so it's not a fair comparison. As compared to 1G and 2G TLX, both of those cars suspension feels firmer and less body lean. I do wish the RLX had IDS drive modes and adaptive suspension of the MDX. I do understand they made the suspension softer for a more "executive car" feel. But I don't think it's as bad as some reviewers said. It's definitely not "Buick" like ride. Coming from a modified car, I do appreciate the quietness and softer ride the RLX offers.
OK, so you were driving a 4 cylinder 1G TLX (with the traditional gear shifter) that makes 206hp. There is a 6 cylinder 1G TLX (with push button gear shifter) that makes 290 hp.

You have to put that into at least Sport mode to get the most out of it, similar to the RLX and MDX SH.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, I have not driven the V6 - 1G TLX or 2G TLX Type S (obviously). On our MDX SH, i like to drive in Sport mode as it hold gears little bit longer for quicker acceleration. Wife prefers Normal mode for smoother ride. On the RLX, I have not experiment with the "Sport" button much yet. It has plenty of power and great acceleration when stomping on the pedal. Very happy with both vehicles.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The mission for the TLX SH-AWD and the RLX SH is different. Having driven multiple versions of each, you are going to enjoy superior handling and feel with the TLX SH-AWD with it's better weight distribution, stiffer chassis, suspension, and on-power SH-AWD. The RLX SH is the smoothest powertrain Honda/Acura offers currently and the suspension is noticeably softer on the 2018 when I compared it the 2016 model; though the responsiveness of powertrain of 2018 RLX SH has been improved quite nicely. As stated previously, the RLX SH is not happy taking curves on undulating or unsettle roads at higher speeds and will let you know it, the TLX SH-AWD dares you to power through the turns at higher speeds. I can't comment on the PAWS version of either since I have not driven any vehicle with this feature. Definitely test drive both before buying either and whichever one you purchase make sure you change out the stock tires because they really hold back the chassis with their lack of lateral grip.
jdpdata (10-21-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 03:04 PM
Burning Brakes

I plan to upgrade tires to Michelin AS3+ going up +1 size to 255/40/19. Not too happy with the stock Michelin Primacy Touring tires on the RLX now 245 is too narrow for this heavy car.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:48 AM

RLX with upgraded tires?
Look out world!

I love those AS3 though...they aren't like the PSS but good enough and will last a while.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:25 AM
mrgold35

I was leaning towards Conti DWS 06 as replacements for my RLX down the road. Doesn't get cold enough for dedicated snow tires in the southwest. We can run into extreme snow/rain weather conditions in the morning and 50 degrees, dry, and sunny by afternoon. I have Conti DWS 06 on my 06 TSX, 08 RDX, and 11 MDX and really liked them.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:26 AM

I think I had those on the rear of the V Wagon when I got it...or maybe it was the Audi...
they were more than adequate.
I'll tell you what for an all season I'm pretty impressed with the FK510 Falkens that came on the S5.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:27 AM

and for a shitty no name brand, the ironman tires that came on the last set of wheels I bought for the S4 surprised the hell out of me...
I figured they would suck but they have decent sidewall and good in the rain without being noisy at all.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm looking to find out. The heated steering wheel got the web of heating filament underneath the leather wrapping. if they can be transferred from one to the other, problem solved. Otherwise, it'll require a new set of heating setup. I got an extra RLX SH heated steering wheel from ebay a while back just sitting in the garage. Maybe one day I'll do some experiments on it. I see online that there are plenty of cool steering wheels out there. I've also looked into the 1gen TLX PMC edition steering wheel, but the bottom of that steering wheel is different from RLX. So to go that route, you'll have to swap out the entire steering wheel control commander.
Definitely, something to keep in mind... I like the thicker steering wheel, the feel of it, and adding perforated leather, perfect match... BMW has somewhat of a thicker wheel vs other cars.
Not sure if I would want to give up the heating wheel option but something to be aware of

2020 Acura TLX PMC Edition Interior Steering Wheel Wallpapers (35) - NewCarCars
psheu (10-22-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 06:46 PM
2020 Acura RLX Advance

Received 179 Likes on 100 Posts
So I did ask the salesman what was the deal with this car. He said (not sure if I believe him) that previous owner was an older gentleman. He didn't like the fact that the car engine shuts down at a red light. And that there was no "off" button for start/stop feature. Dealer explained to him that this is a Sport Hybrid, it's designed that way and not really a start/stop idle feature like in other cars. I guess the owner didn't like that he couldn't defeat this feature so he took a $20K loss selling the car after only 7 months of ownership. He put only 4100 miles on it. I bought it with 4164 miles. So it's been sitting on dealer lot for over a month. I had full inspection done and looked over the car top and bottom and ran all DTC codes. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Only a minor wheel rashes on front driver wheel (how the heck did that happened). I ran CarFax and AutoCheck by Experian to double check for problems, both shows no issues with this car. It's like a new car with massive discount that's why I couldn't pass it up. For comparison, the only other RLX sport hybrid in this price range 250 miles around here is a 2019 RLX in Black with 18K miles advertised for $44.9K+TTL. Mine is newer with far less miles and I got it for $43.5K +TTL. Absolutely a steal! Dealer did raped me on my trade-in but I feel it was a fair deal considering the massive discount they gave on this RLX. Plus I didn't want to deal with selling my own car during Covid so I had them take it off my hands.
If you select “Sport Mode” the gas engine will not shut down
rlx015 (10-23-2020)
Old 10-22-2020, 06:50 PM
2020 Acura RLX Advance

Received 179 Likes on 100 Posts
I plan to upgrade tires to Michelin AS3+ going up +1 size to 255/40/19. Not too happy with the stock Michelin Primacy Touring tires on the RLX now 245 is too narrow for this heavy car.
I was told by a tire engineer that going to an 8.5” wheel from the oem 8” wheel would tighten up steering and handling.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:54 PM
mrgold35

The gas engine won't shut down, the EV battery will be charged to max in around 1-2 miles driven, the 7DCT will down shift to a lower gear for a more responsive power delivery, and the 7DT paddles will hold gears until you shift. I switched to Sport mode when I was driving up/down a +9000 foot mountain switchback for more control and use the brakes less.
rlx015 (10-23-2020)
Old 10-23-2020, 12:55 AM
Burning Brakes

"Sports" mode wakes the car up and put everything to work... no slackers
rlx015 (10-23-2020)

Quick Reply: Used 2020 RLX Sport Hybrid