NAV Estimated Time Error

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
NAV Estimated Time Error

After updating to the latest NAV DVD, I have had on three occasions a wildly erroneous estimated time displayed. All three were from the same vicinity in southwest Maine; two were to Portland, and one was to Boston. The estimated times were high by two hours or more, and the error got progressively less (the times more accurate) as the trip went on until the times became correct about half way to the destination. See the image with a 3:13 time to go a 29 mile distance, a trip that actually took about 40 minutes; by about the 20 mile to go mark, the estimated time had settled down at 30+ minutes. Crazy. This has only happened on these three trips in Maine; every other time the NAV has operated correctly.

1. Has anyone else seen this?
2. Is it possible to roll back the NAV to the previous DVD, which I still have?
Attached Thumbnails NAV Estimated Time Error-nav-error.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 04:00 PM
RLX Advanced #3606

Received 89 Likes on 43 Posts
Very glad to see someone else identifying the same problem which I have constantly seen ever since our first trip in 2013.
After discussing the problem Acura they told me that the RLX uses "Live Tracking"? I don't possibly see anything more than a poor Algorithm,
but what do I know.....I just drive and watch nothing happen or it happens soooo very s l o w l y...
You would think that in the last 4 years they would find a cause and a solution...