AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   Honda delays Legend for Quality focus (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/honda-delays-legend-quality-focus-923586/)

getakey 12-26-2014 10:51 AM

Honda delays Legend for Quality focus

sorry if repost
issues with hybrid system?

Honda Delays Legend Sedan to Guard Against Quality Lapse - Bloomberg

neuronbob 12-26-2014 10:58 AM

I am indeed a beta tester. I don't have a particular issue with that.

I guess this could further delay U.S. sales as well?

George Knighton 12-26-2014 11:38 AM

The radar safety system.... Remember that this is the sedan that was supposed to be the next generation after what we are driving.

I have no idea what could be wrong, but as you can imagine, if your system is supposed to bring a car to a full emergency stop automatically, you want to be absolutely sure that you've got it right.

hondamore 12-26-2014 02:39 PM

Honda will get nothing but grief for this delay, but I again applaud the decision. Don't release it until you are sure that you got it right is a good corporate philosophy. While they suffer a little embarrassment in the short term, making sure your products are safe and worthy of the flagship title will pay off in the long term. As cars get more and more technologically sophisticated, we can expect more of these delays as more and more testing will be required. Companies may just stop predicting or announcing release dates all together and just release the cars when they are sure they are ready.
Just my two cents.

Pens Fan 12-26-2014 04:57 PM

I actually find it quite troubling that there are still issues after the US model was held in Japan for nine months. I applaud the decision as well but wonder when we can feel comfortable taking a chance and obtaining one.

fsmith 12-26-2014 05:45 PM

I think that with all the love (read time and effort and grief-taking) they gave our Hybrids that we can safely assume that if there is anything delaying the Legend that also affects the U.S. version we will see a TSB or even a recall. They are definitely in "careful" mode.

George Knighton 12-26-2014 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pens Fan (Post 15280974)
I actually find it quite troubling that there are still issues after the US model was held in Japan for nine months. I applaud the decision as well but wonder when we can feel comfortable taking a chance and obtaining one.

Some of the electronic controls are the next generation forward and have nothing to do with the versions we are driving. Advance in the New Legend contains a pedestrian safety system as well as a full-stop emergency system that Honda has never used before.

After getting the input of Sport Hybrid drivers in North America, perhaps it would make sense to do some re-tuning of how the car performs in some scenarios, since they've got to think about the radar programming anyway.