First road trip (wow)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:09 PM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
First road trip (wow)

Well folks I finally got to get behind the wheel of the RLX, it's my wife's ride so I'm not in it often other than to detail it. But, went out of town for the day. About a two hour ride and I must say it was like floating on a cloud all the way. I was so impressed and proud we made this choice. I do have a couple things maybe someone can explain, now keep in mind I drive a straight shift civic with 412,000 miles and our other car which is getting a new tranny is an 06 TL, which the TL still drives good to me when I ever drove it. But having said that, is the tranny a different design in the RLX? It shifts so smooth and it feels like when your in town and it shifts down its like it slows the car with you, not sure how to explain it. Like right before you have to stop, take foot off gas to place on brake it already senses it and backs off a bit. I don't know, maybe I'm not explaining it right, and also how do you turn the backup beeper on? And yes I have read the manual. Camera works great but I want the beeping on also so she knows when she's really close. Thanks a lot all, and can't wait till my turn to drive again.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:09 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
The RLX P-AWS cars use what has become a fairly tried and true, pretty reliable 6 speed conventional automatic.

I used to drive a 2014 P-AWS RLX and found the transmission to be very good and the ratios conducive to the torque range of the motor.

The powertrain's a decent, solid combination.

It's probably just a better match of components than you were expecting.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 421 Likes on 315 Posts
the braking you feel before you hit the brake could be the electric motors in regen mode to slow you down. Some EV cars have very aggressive regen. I can literally drive our i3 without ever touching the brake.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by getakey
...Some EV cars have....
I believe outdoorlife99 has a PAWS RLX.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 421 Likes on 315 Posts
oops