AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RLX (2013+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/)
-   -   Benefit of Lease versus Own an RLX (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rlx-2013-412/benefit-lease-versus-own-rlx-931896/)

RLX-Sport Hybrid 06-17-2015 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by holografique (Post 15471670)
535 shows coming in at 193 in. versus the RLX at 196 in. So not too far off, but I don't mind a slightly leaner vehicle to begin with.

The best NAV experience I've had so far was in my 2006 TL. Quick, fast, efficient, easy, and always on point. I find the NAV in our RLX's to be great, when the CPU isn't being bogged down with all it's other duties........:annoyed:

The inside is smaller. That is what I meant.

holografique 06-17-2015 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by oonowindoo (Post 15471678)
I don't know where you get those $# from but they are in the $600 range. Trust me i know :D yes with $0 down, only first month payment and license fee.

I'm pulling them straight off the calculator on the bmwusa.com website.

36-months / 15k miles per year / 0% down.

oonowindoo 06-17-2015 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by holografique (Post 15471775)
I'm pulling them straight off the calculator on the bmwusa.com website.

36-months / 15k miles per year / 0% down.

:nono:

I thought so.

#s are never accurate from ANY manufacture website. Not even close.

It does not take into consideration of many important factors like...... Discount, regional incentives, money factors, title and license, dealer fees and among many other thing.

So basically it is useless.

more realistic #s can be found from forums where you can see how much people are actually paying.

holografique 06-17-2015 10:26 PM

^ I'm aware of this. However in some cases it's not THAT far off, and serves at the very least a baseline range of what you can expect to pay.

neuronbob 06-18-2015 05:09 AM

$0 is most times the way to go on a lease. You can negotiate the "purchase" price but not residual.

Last, I have been in a 535 and despite similar exterior dimensions, the RLX rear seat is, and feels, more commodious.

Pens Fan 06-18-2015 06:32 AM

Acura really needs to offer aggressive leases on both the SH-AWD and PAWS models if they hope to/care to? expand the sales of these cars. The demographic of the customer to whom they are seeking to appeal to in this category generally look to lease. The lack of a realistic lease (among other issues) is why I passed on the 2014 Hybrid.

holografique 06-18-2015 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by neuronbob (Post 15471921)
Last, I have been in a 535 and despite similar exterior dimensions, the RLX rear seat is, and feels, more commodious.

I can see that. But I don't drive from the back seat, and I really don't need it for clients much anymore. Usually just me and the wife.

As it stands, with the ridiculous residual value on the RLX SH, there is no way I can get a Hybrid for the same or less than what I pay now on my PAWS. And I absolutely REFUSE to pay Acura another cent more than what I pay now for my PAWS considering how botched this entire RLX fiasco has been. I just spent $50 and an hour of my time to fix a problem they can't even figure out themselves.

I also don't want to be in a brand where I have to wait 1-2 years for prices to go down to get the vehicle I want. I should be able to get what I want when it's time to renew a lease. Not have to play this game of wait and see because the car manufacture can't price the MSRP correctly to begin with. Then there is the fiasco of that if I do wait, then I have to hope to find the specific model and trim I want since so few of the SHs are made! And there is no way in hell I am going to settle for alternative colors or trims like some of you did when you pay this much for a vehicle. I just find that ridiculous. But to each their own. All I know is if I'm spending $65k and up for a car, it's going to be EXACTLY the color and trim I want. That's the LEAST a buyer could ask for...right? I mean seriously...LOL.

If they want to save customers like me and offer up a loyalty program or some other type of program to make up for the mess of the 2014 release, and ultimately get me into a SH for the same (or less) than what I pay now for my PAWS...then I'm all for it. Otherwise, goodbye.

RLX-Sport Hybrid 06-18-2015 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by holografique (Post 15472592)
I can see that. But I don't drive from the back seat, and I really don't need it for clients much anymore. Usually just me and the wife.

As it stands, with the ridiculous residual value on the RLX SH, there is no way I can get a Hybrid for the same or less than what I pay now on my PAWS. And I absolutely REFUSE to pay Acura another cent more than what I pay now for my PAWS considering how botched this entire RLX fiasco has been. I just spent $50 and an hour of my time to fix a problem they can't even figure out themselves.

I also don't want to be in a brand where I have to wait 1-2 years for prices to go down to get the vehicle I want. I should be able to get what I want when it's time to renew a lease. Not have to play this game of wait and see because the car manufacture can't price the MSRP correctly to begin with. Then there is the fiasco of that if I do wait, then I have to hope to find the specific model and trim I want since so few of the SHs are made! And there is no way in hell I am going to settle for alternative colors or trims like some of you did when you pay this much for a vehicle. I just find that ridiculous. But to each their own. All I know is if I'm spending $65k and up for a car, it's going to be EXACTLY the color and trim I want. That's the LEAST a buyer could ask for...right? I mean seriously...LOL.

If they want to save customers like me and offer up a loyalty program or some other type of program to make up for the mess of the 2014 release, and ultimately get me into a SH for the same (or less) than what I pay now for my PAWS...then I'm all for it. Otherwise, goodbye.

I would call Acura Customer Relations and be a noisy customer. See what they do for you. Squeaky wheels get grease. You have nothing to loose.

woropallo 06-18-2015 04:20 PM

I agree that the residual value of the RLX is not great, 47% but so is BMW, MB and Audi. I talked with each of these companies over the past week about leasing and I was surprised about their numbers, 44 to 49%, i thought it would be much better than RLX, that not the case, it the incentive they throw in with the car that pull the payment down. The Porsche and Tesla is another story, 67 and 80% respectively. In fact Tesla even has a 50% guarantee buy back clause in their contract at three years.

oonowindoo 06-18-2015 04:58 PM

yup. If you are ok with $9XX monthly payments, you have a lot of choices for you to choose from.

Make sure you drive them all and honestly the quality of the contents is just on a different level than RLX.

But if you still prefer RLX, then that is ok too.

RLX-Sport Hybrid 06-18-2015 08:13 PM

For whatever it is worth, my neighbor with the new Audi A6TDI just had it towed from his driveway this evening as the engine seized. 2,000 miles on it. Just because a car is made elsewhere and could be more or less expensive, it does not mean it will be more reliable or less expensive to maintain. Acura has a true leg up on a lot of the competition if we are being completely fair. :2cents:

oonowindoo 06-19-2015 11:25 AM

If anything, the more expensive the car is, is usually less reliable. There are reasons why it is so expensive and those are also the exact same reasons why they are not as reliable.

Personal experience may vary.

My BMW has never left me stranded anywhere while my Honda has. Am i going to say BMW is more reliable than Honda? No, because my personal experience means little to nothing to the big picture.

holografique 06-19-2015 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid (Post 15472815)
For whatever it is worth, my neighbor with the new Audi A6TDI just had it towed from his driveway this evening as the engine seized. 2,000 miles on it. Just because a car is made elsewhere and could be more or less expensive, it does not mean it will be more reliable or less expensive to maintain. Acura has a true leg up on a lot of the competition if we are being completely fair. :2cents:

I swear you come up with the most oddball situations :)

I'm going to bet a seized engine on an A6 is a very rare scenario that comes far and few. This isn't going to sway me from considering it. Let alone the hundreds and hundreds of A6's I see on the road by owners who haven't been swayed either.

We're not questioning or talking about the reliability in a Honda/Acura vehicle. This is all a conversation of value, worth, and the features we get for our money when you lease a vehicle. And right now in my eyes the Germans have Acura beat by far in that department.

RLX-Sport Hybrid 06-19-2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by holografique (Post 15473411)
I swear you come up with the most oddball situations :)

I'm going to bet a seized engine on an A6 is a very rare scenario that comes far and few. This isn't going to sway me from considering it. Let alone the hundreds and hundreds of A6's I see on the road by owners who haven't been swayed either.

We're not questioning or talking about the reliability in a Honda/Acura vehicle. This is all a conversation of value, worth, and the features we get for our money when you lease a vehicle. And right now in my eyes the Germans have Acura beat by far in that department.

My neighbor is spitting mad as I saw him at the bus stop with one of my kids this morning and he told me about the mess he is dealing with. His dealer is being great about it. He is driving another A6 now and they found that a manufacturing error at the production line level hit about a dozen cars that were produced on the same day with the same result. That is the story he was told. Whether it is valid or not I will not know. They already ordered a replacement engine and transmission too so he was told. I don't know why they would replace the transmission too but that is what is being rush shipped to the dealer. My neighbor is very happy with how the dealership stepped up to help him, and so am I. He just waited for the car for a long time and he is upset that this happened. He has been an Audi buyer since the 80s and has always had reliable results. This is a first.

He has a Q7 too and an A4.

holografique 06-19-2015 02:40 PM

^ my guess is maybe the engine seized up when he was driving and forced the transmission to lock up in a manner that may have caused unknown damage.

They're probably being extra cautious and not wanting to take any risk and just replace both. Heck at that point, just give the man a new car!