2016 Sport-Hybrid Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CostcoFanAUS
I was also eyeing on these two sport hybrids in the last 2 weeks, thinking about the exact same thing you did. Did you agree on the deal before taking off from Houston? Was the deal pretty much MSRP or there is room for negotiation? There seems to be interest for sport hybrids in Houston. Why can't the 4 local dealers manage to get a few of them?
I had a signed deal and gave a $1,000 deposit (with a credit card) before I bought my plane ticket with the understanding that if I didn't like the car the deal was off and they would return my deposit. They picked me up at the airport!

As far as negotiating they gave me such a better deal than what I was offered by two other dealers (one in Houston and one on the West Coast) that the only thing I asked to be included in their offer was the body side moldings which they agreed to.

I worked with the general sales manager directly and have permission to provide his contact info if you are interested. (I don't want to post it here so will need to figure out how to email it to you if you want it).

Hope this helps.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LoneStar 16 RLX SprtHybrd
I had a signed deal and gave a $1,000 deposit (with a credit card) before I bought my plane ticket with the understanding that if I didn't like the car the deal was off and they would return my deposit. They picked me up at the airport!

As far as negotiating they gave me such a better deal than what I was offered by two other dealers (one in Houston and one on the West Coast) that the only thing I asked to be included in their offer was the body side moldings which they agreed to.

I worked with the general sales manager directly and have permission to provide his contact info if you are interested. (I don't want to post it here so will need to figure out how to email it to you if you want it).

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot longstar for the details of your transaction. Probably no need for that sales manager's contact info as they don't have a sport hybrid now. I will try to be patient now and wait for one to arrive in Houston. Enjoy your new toy and cheers!
Old 08-22-2015, 07:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by LoneStar 16 RLX SprtHybrd
Here are a couple of early observations...

1. Heads up display...this feature is incredibly useful. Rather than having to look at the map screen the next turn pops up in the heads up display. When you need to make a call the saved numbers and history options pop up in the heads up display and you select from the heads up display. I really like having the speed in the heads up...mostly because you literally do not feel like you are going 80mph in this car so you would never think to look at the speedometer but you can't miss it on the heads up display so I take my foot off the accelerator. I do not need to start collecting a stack of speeding tickets!!

2. A few times when I've started from a stop the car doesn't seem to respond to the accelerator...almost like when in the old days you forgot to take the parking brake off. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I'm taking the car in tomorrow to have the splash guards added so will hopefully be able to get an answer on this.
Congrats on the car! Welcome aboard! You need to learn how to access the car's attributes which will take some time. As with any great car, it takes some time to acclimate yourself to it. However, once you do get it all sorted out, watch it because you will find one excuse after another to find a reason to drive it. Suddenly you won't mind running errands!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
^^^ RLX-Sport Hybrid is back posting, and still oozing love for his SH-AWD. That's a good sign, IMO.
The following users liked this post:
RLX-Sport Hybrid (08-22-2015)
Old 08-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by fsmith
^^^ RLX-Sport Hybrid is back posting, and still oozing love for his SH-AWD. That's a good sign, IMO.
I have to live vicariously through all of you right now since I can't drive for a while. What a tease with it in the garage collection dust. I can't wash it right now!