Rear door sill trim yellow screw broke

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Rear door sill trim yellow screw broke

So the dealer install a remote starter and in the process pulled all my trims apart. The two rear door sill is not seated flush against the floor. There is a half an inch gap. I can tell it’s lose. Push it down it won’t stay down. I got a trim removal and pull it apart. I discover the dealer broke one of the two yellow plastic screw. Does anyone know the part number? I don’t want to have to schedule an appointment just to replace the yellow hold down screw. The job is simple enough.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
@wander he has access to the factory manuals. This is why I didn’t get the remote start cause I don’t trust them installing and ripping apart my car. I would honestly bring it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it
Old 02-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dereileak
@wander he has access to the factory manuals. This is why I didn’t get the remote start cause I don’t trust them installing and ripping apart my car. I would honestly bring it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it
I visited Acura dealer since purchase the RDX more than a Honda dealer for my ‘14 Accord services/recalls in the last 5 years combined. I thought about the dealer screwing up my interior when they install the remote starter too. I had no choice. The AcuraLink remote start is so unreliable. When it’s needed the most it failed.

Hopefully @wander can help out. The job can take 15 minutes max once I have the parts. Oh well 😔....
Old 02-17-2019, 11:39 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
The factory manuals don't seem to list part numbers, unfortunately.

The parts counter at your local Acura dealer would be able to help, especially if you take in the trim piece that has broken clips. It's probably a couple bucks worth of clips.

I'd try a Honda dealer as a second option, if it's more convenient.

You might get lucky with generic body trim clips from an auto part store, but I wouldn't go that route unless it's really inconvenient to get to an Acura or Honda dealer.

This is a guess:

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-pa...dXRvbWF0aWM%3D
Old 02-18-2019, 06:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wander
Thanks @Wander. Based on the part description and location this is spot on. It’s a yellow clip with a weather sealer.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:13 AM
Instructor

So I took the car to an Acura dealer today to address the lift and broken rear door sill trims. I told them it started after the remote starter install. The SA said they don’t even follow the accessories install manual which takes 4 hrs and require pulling both apart. They found another way to install it without pulling the rear door sill trims. Hmmm so what he said is both broke or fell apart by itself. That is BS. I took care of my RDX and I am meticulous about every tiny little thing I take notice.

Anyway they did took it apart and never put it back the way it was before. They broke the two garnish retainer. I know because I pull it slowly part with a trim removal and look under. Anyway dealer didn’t have the parts so they put in an order. Spent 1 hr at the dealer for nothing except a free car wash. I bought the part myself last week from oemacuraparts.com but their shipping is like a snail. Took almost a week to ship it out and another 7 days to arrive and $18 for s&h. My parts if arrive earlier I will fix it myself.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
sucks that they are not taking ownership of their mistake...
I think I would gladly accept..."hey, we did tear apart the door and we'll go ahead and fix that for you" instead of denying

Look how far denying took Lance Armstrong. Stripped of titles.
if you have other acura/honda dealerships, I would give them a try for your future work.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

I would let them know your done doing all your buisness with them and will let people around you know
Old 02-23-2019, 12:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dereileak
I would let them know your done doing all your buisness with them and will let people around you know
My other two service advisors were excellent. They were unavailable when I schedule the appointment online. So I let them chose “anyone”. This service advisor is noted and will never pick him ever again. There are at least 4 Acura dealers in my state. This one is closest to my house. The others are 15+ miles away.

It was interesting that he immediately denied the dealer at fault without even looking. The visit was $0 so I guess they admit at fault or claim warranty service.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ToniRDX19

My other two service advisors were excellent. They were unavailable when I schedule the appointment online. So I let them chose “anyone”. This service advisor is noted and will never pick him ever again. There are at least 4 Acura dealers in my state. This one is closest to my house. The others are 15+ miles away.

It was interesting that he immediately denied the dealer at fault without even looking. The visit was $0 so I guess they admit at fault or claim warranty service.
yea the service advisor makes a big difference. Your lucky my Acura dealers are all 90 miles from me