Multiple Warnings and Erratic Performance - Suggestions Appreciated??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 12:00 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple Warnings and Erratic Performance - Suggestions Appreciated??

Have searched and while so many others have similar issues with the 3rd Gen RDX, not many post solutions/outcomes. So hoping for some assistance. This 2019 RDX with Tech Package with ~53K miles, goes into limp mode occasionally or runs rough and has the following 10 (yes 10) warnings upon start up (link to video below):
  1. Emissions System Problem - Power May be Reduced
  2. Brake System - Performance May Be Reduced
  3. Brake System - Brake Hold System Problem
  4. Vehicle Stability Assist System Problem
  5. Hill Start Assist Problem
  6. Electric Power Steering System Problem
  7. Hill Start Assist Problem (again)
  8. ACC Adaptive Cruise Control System Problem
  9. Collision Mitigation Braking System Problem
  10. Road Departure Mitigation System Problem
Things tried, brake fluid level checked - its full, fresh AGM battery fully charged, checked all wiring to brake booster and nothing obvious. One Dealer changed a $1,400 board, but problem returned and so the board was removed and refunded, dealer now wants nothing to do with the car. This car is dangerous. What has happed to Acura/Honda?!

Suggestions welcomed - TIA

Last edited by Galco; 12-07-2023 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2024, 02:53 PM
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
I realize that this is an old thread but this just happened to us yesterday on the way home from San Diego. I was just driving along on I-8 as usual and out of the blue I got all these error messages. It finally settled on the one about the emission system. It had turned off all the assist systems...ACC, LKAS, etc...and I noticed that there was very little turbo boost so noticeably less power. It also steered and handled differently. It said to take it to your dealer...right...Sunday afternoon in the middle of nowhere. It seemed to be OK otherwise so I pressed on to civilization (well, Yuma). I parked and turned it off and restarted to see if it would clear...nope, same thing each time. Wasn't much we could do, nearest dealer was in Phoenix 180 miles away so I decided to press on since it seemed to be OK other wise. I had to fill the tank, tho, so stopped at a Chevron and gassed up. Lo and behold, when I started again there were no errors and everything seemed to be back to normal. WTF? It only took a little more than half a tank...don't know if that had anything to do with it. We continued on home with no more drama. Very strange. The car has about 22.5k miles on it and hasn't given us a lick of trouble before. I figure we'll drive it around town as usual and if it happens again I'll take it in. Warranty runs out in October so I think I'll invest in an extended warranty.
Old 07-08-2024, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,744 Likes on 6,746 Posts
May be an issue with the alternator
Old 07-08-2024, 06:43 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markAZ
I realize that this is an old thread but this just happened to us yesterday on the way home from San Diego. I was just driving along on I-8 as usual and out of the blue I got all these error messages. It finally settled on the one about the emission system. It had turned off all the assist systems...ACC, LKAS, etc...and I noticed that there was very little turbo boost so noticeably less power. It also steered and handled differently. It said to take it to your dealer...right...Sunday afternoon in the middle of nowhere. It seemed to be OK otherwise so I pressed on to civilization (well, Yuma). I parked and turned it off and restarted to see if it would clear...nope, same thing each time. Wasn't much we could do, nearest dealer was in Phoenix 180 miles away so I decided to press on since it seemed to be OK other wise. I had to fill the tank, tho, so stopped at a Chevron and gassed up. Lo and behold, when I started again there were no errors and everything seemed to be back to normal. WTF? It only took a little more than half a tank...don't know if that had anything to do with it. We continued on home with no more drama. Very strange. The car has about 22.5k miles on it and hasn't given us a lick of trouble before. I figure we'll drive it around town as usual and if it happens again I'll take it in. Warranty runs out in October so I think I'll invest in an extended warranty.
Sorry to hear you're having the same issues, but not surprised. Please keep us posted on what you find and any solutions. The problem from the original post is still going on and car is now parked.

Do any others have similar issues and any knowledge to share?

BTW, totally agree on the extended warranty for these cars. Highly recommend you get bids while your car is still under factory warranty. Its been my experience this is the time when rates are their lowest.
Old 07-09-2024, 05:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Whats amazing is that in situations like this dealers rarely “find” any past stored codes. This leads me to believe the dealers are lying or the electronics design is so horrible that is not able to keep any past codes stored to help the technicians.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 245 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
Whats amazing is that in situations like this dealers rarely “find” any past stored codes. This leads me to believe the dealers are lying or the electronics design is so horrible that is not able to keep any past codes stored to help the technicians.
I'm guessing dealer ineptitude or apathy. My 2010 still had codes/messages from issues that happened years ago. I don't even know how to get rid of them. Like, I don't need to know about the P2263 code I had in 2017 anymore.