AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-problems-fixes-458/)
-   -   Engine Shut off during Automatic Car Wash (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-problems-fixes-458/engine-shut-off-during-automatic-car-wash-980033/)

sjsa 06-05-2019 04:40 PM

Engine Shut off during Automatic Car Wash

I have troubled washing my RDX through an automatic car wash.
I purchased mine in April and have washed twice so far.
I got warning signals from parking sensor and the car didn't move forward with wheel spinning after the end of car wash track from the first wash.
From the 2nd, I turned off the parking sensor as soon as hearing parking warning sound but the engine was shut off with the gear in P when I tried to get off the track.
I believe these issues are related to the safety features. Does anyone have similar issues?

thoiboi 06-05-2019 05:07 PM

Did you put it into car wash mode? It's detailed in the manual how to get there.

sjsa 06-05-2019 05:15 PM

Car Wash Mode?
I am not able to find it on the manual.

KK689 06-05-2019 05:26 PM

When I put the car into neutral, the center display tells me that if I want to exit the vehicle and keep the car in neutral to (this is off the top of my head) to hold the neutral button down for a few seconds. I’m assuming that is car wash mode.

thoiboi 06-05-2019 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by sjsa (Post 16435676)
Car Wash Mode?
I am not able to find it on the manual.

http://m.acura.com/pdf/owners/2019/R...Brake_Hold.pdf

Rob175 06-08-2019 08:52 AM

How totally "stupid" and a PITA to need to "explain to the car wash attendant" the workings/procedures of your car. No offense to car wash attendants but if you expect them understand such an explanation as the car begins it's wash in a noisy car wash I think your expectations are just too high. Now if you're referring to the highly educated, professional car wash attendants, now that's a different story......LOL

DarkNinja75 06-15-2019 01:15 PM

I go through a car wash once or twice a week. This wash has a track that pushes the car along, and I stay in the car the whole time. I put it in neutral and turn off the parking sensors. When I reach the end, it requires I hit the brake to put the car back in drive. It's more complicated than my last car that didn't have front parking sensors or a requirement to hit the brake to shift into drive, but it's nothing crazy.

dopeboy1 06-15-2019 03:57 PM

When my friends and I had crappy cars we would use the car wash with a track. We would always brake when you get to the drying part with the blow dryers. That way it takes twice as long to get through the drying part and it dries the car really well!

I would never take a car that isn't crappy through those though lol.

Stew4HD 06-17-2019 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by DarkNinja75 (Post 16440400)
I go through a car wash once or twice a week. This wash has a track that pushes the car along, and I stay in the car the whole time. I put it in neutral and turn off the parking sensors. When I reach the end, it requires I hit the brake to put the car back in drive. It's more complicated than my last car that didn't have front parking sensors or a requirement to hit the brake to shift into drive, but it's nothing crazy.

The '15 TLX I had used the same system as the RDX with the same push button shifters. I had no idea that we'd have to hit the brake to shift into drive... so, I took the TLX through the best drive/ride through car wash in my immediate area. I got to the end of the line while in neutral. I pushed the D button and noting happened, the didn't change into D, just sat there.. an F-250 truck was right behind me, I couldn't move, the truck got closer, I am frantically pushing the D button, the truck honks its horn, I am now freaking out.. then.. boom, the truck runs into me and pushes me forward.. the car rolls forward, I hit the brakes, .. and then I was able to shift! The driver of the truck just shook his head.. I was quite upset.. my rear pumper suffered only s little gouge from the license plate bracket of the truck. I drove straight to the dealership and told them what happened.. they had no idea about needing to hit the brakes to change into gear... come to find out, it's a safety measure. Moral of the story: ROTM!.

Smilin_Jim 06-20-2019 10:40 AM

Most of the time I just take my RDX out of "Auto Engine Kill" mode, shift to neutral, turn off the wipers if in intermittent and let it go. At the end I shift to Drive and leave. Don't usually hit the brake, as far as I know.

Stew4HD 06-26-2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Smilin_Jim (Post 16442230)
Most of the time I just take my RDX out of "Auto Engine Kill" mode, shift to neutral, turn off the wipers if in intermittent and let it go. At the end I shift to Drive and leave. Don't usually hit the brake, as far as I know.

AFAIK, you can't switch to D from N without at least touching the brake... try this in your driveway.