AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-problems-fixes-458/)
-   -   ***class action lawsuit*** (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-problems-fixes-458/%2A%2A%2Aclass-action-lawsuit%2A%2A%2A-979452/)

securityguy 05-10-2019 06:41 PM

***class action lawsuit***

I strongly suggest that every person on this forum participate in the suit. It costs ZERO and there is no reason not to submit your information. After submitting my details, I received this e-mail and a call from both a paralegal and the attorney himself to discuss and explain next steps. Please do not delay.

securityguy 05-10-2019 06:45 PM

I am responding to the questionnaire you recently submitted to Goldenberg Schneider, LPA concerning the issues you are experiencing with the infotainment system in your 2019 Acura RDX. We recently filed a class action in federal court in California related to this defect and would like to add additional vehicle owners to that case.

My paralegal, Stephanie Vaaler, or I will be contacting you at the phone number you provided to get more information about your concerns. And, if you are interested in participating in the case, I would be happy to talk to you about that as well.

Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to speaking with you.

securityguy 05-10-2019 06:47 PM

Jeffrey S. Goldenberg
Goldenberg Schneider, L.P.A.
513-345-8297
www.gs-legal.com

securityguy 05-10-2019 06:53 PM

HONDA AND ACURA INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM DEFECT CLASS ACTION | News Room | Litigation | Goldenberg Schneider, LPA

kurtatx 05-10-2019 06:54 PM

In before the :lock:

subin 05-10-2019 11:26 PM

I would prefer not to go this far, but if this is what it would take for Acura/Honda to fix the infotainment system "and" add the Android Auto that the dealerships kept telling the customers that "it is coming any day now", I guess I'd sign up.

securityguy 05-11-2019 07:25 AM

I'll just say this: if everyone keeps bitching and complaining about this Infotainment system and all of the issues they are having and don't sign up...then shame on them!

Padre Dave 05-11-2019 06:55 PM

In my understanding, and that of folks smarter than me, the only ones o benefit from Class Action Suits are the attorneys!

securityguy 05-11-2019 07:15 PM

You may get a few hundred dollars or a few thousand...if you're not interested and happy with just complaining about your infotainment system, then don't participate. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The attorneys can get anywhere from 20-35% of the winnings which is controlled by the court in these types of cases...which they should and I am not a fan of lawyers.

securityguy 05-12-2019 07:53 PM

Has everyone signed up?

Wander 05-12-2019 10:42 PM

Wow. A lawyer AND a paralegal? Honda/Acura's legal department staff must be collectively shaking in their boots.

Remind me again what dire consequences have befallen owners of Honda/Acura products with allegedly defective infotainment systems?

They failed to be entertained?

I've got a long list of movies, TV shows, and sporting events that have squandered my precious time, and I want COMPENSATION!

Snark aside, a more credible case might be built around mission-critical "information" aspects of the system that go dark if the system crashes completely, but AFAIK there aren't many instances of that in 2019 RDX. Or are there? :dunno:

securityguy 05-13-2019 06:07 AM

@Wander ...ok snakiness aide, based on reading this forum...in multiple places I must add, are a large number of folks that have complained over and over and over again about the infotainment system. You have not seen all of these threads on this forum???If not, then you aren't looking very hard. Crashing...Black Screens...Constantly having to reboot or pull a fuse...Car Play issues...Screen locking up...and the list goes on and on and on. These attorneys are filing a Class Action suit because of all of these complaints...not for failing to be "entertained".

Me, for one, just wants to give people having issues to have a place to go since the dealers and Acura have done nothing to rectify the issues. So much bitching and moaning on this site about this very issue. Now, if you really want to try to do something about it, then simply sign up. No one has anything to lose but could have a little or a lot to gain. My final point is that if you don't sign up, then STOP ALL OF THE COMPLAINING since you are unwilling to try to do anything about it!

Never would I have expected folks to be against this that are having multiple issues with their head unit but the world is a strange and funny place.

Mic drop...I'm done!

justnspace 05-13-2019 07:17 AM

Despite what everyone thinks, I believe this is good for the community.

Securityguy started a movement and you can be apart of it and speak to legal counsel regarding your issues with your car

or

you can move on.

the way I see it; it's not spam if it's contained to this one thread. Dude is merely pointing out a point of contact if you need it. If not interested in speaking to legal counsel, perhaps one shouldn't visit this thread.

Rob175 05-13-2019 11:49 AM

Usually the "squeaky wheel gets the oil"....... But hoping to receive a monetary award from a class action may not be very realistic, however, getting solutions to the issues (ie: fixing the car satisfactorily) would be paramount to me and I'd consider that a "win"!

1stRDX? 05-13-2019 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rob175 (Post 16425329)
Usually the "squeaky wheel gets the oil"....... But hoping to receive a monetary award from a class action may not be very realistic, however, getting solutions to the issues (ie: fixing the car satisfactorily) would be paramount to me and I'd consider that a "win"!

Actually, a monetary compensation is more likely. After all, the lawyer doesn't have any real interest in whether or not the info system issues are fixed - he/she just wants his cut of the monetary compensation due the plaintiffs for the broken promises, pain, and suffering the issues have caused.

Rob175 05-14-2019 07:36 AM

....But, it's betterr for the company to either come up with a fix, or extend the warranty insead of handing out cash. Besides, the class seldom gets the "big bucks" the lawyers get...possibly not even enough to cover the cost of dumping the car at a loss.

securityguy 05-14-2019 09:32 AM

They should be doing both...fixing the issue and compensating those that have struggled with these ongoing issues.

RobinL 05-14-2019 08:49 PM

Yup, the lawyers will settle too early for a quick buck and those participating will get little. I’ve seen this happen too often. And what about the majority who have no or minimal issues.

RobinL 05-14-2019 08:51 PM

Agree

securityguy 05-15-2019 06:55 AM

WOW...the responses to this thread are just blowing my mind! If you are one of the MANY buyers that have had or are having issues with your infotainment system, it costs you NOTHING to participate. Maybe they settle early and maybe they do not so I don't agree with what @RobinL stated above as it could and will put additional pressure on Acura to resolve the issues. There is a maximum the courts allow for attorney compensation and the Judge can set the comp at 20-35%. Whatever it is, I really don't care. For me, it is not about the money but applying an additional pressure point on the wound. If I get $5 or $500...it is what it is as long as they continue to work diligently to fix the software that plagues these vehicles. I can lead a horse to water but I cannot make him/her drink! As I stated earlier, if you are unwilling to try to do something about, then please stop complaining on the forum about all of the issues you are having with your unit:pound:

RobinL 05-15-2019 09:45 AM

But I along with the majority are not complaining. My Platinum Elite (Canadian) has been problem free since purchase eight months ago. (I am not using Car Play). Sure some have had issues but you can get a distorted view in threads like this when only those who have problems and are much more likely to post than those who don’t. On the other hand, Acura needs to throw more resources into solving the problems reported here. My hope is that the delay for Android Auto is because they are beta testing it to avoid the problems with Apple Car Play that I suspect was rolled out much too fast. These infotainment problems are not exclusive to the 3rd Gen RDXs if you follow other build forums.

Jim7707 05-15-2019 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Padre Dave (Post 16424865)
In my understanding, and that of folks smarter than me, the only ones o benefit from Class Action Suits are the attorneys!

Not always. In the '90's I had a former home (in Chandler) totally re-plumbed in copper at no cost to me. Plus, I was reimbursed for damages and repair costs from the two leaks in the original polybutylene plumbing (Shell Oil) that was installed in 1983 when the home was built.

https://www.publicjustice.net/one-re...-class-action/

One of the better class action suits that worked out well for those who qualified. But you had to have had two leaks to be eligible. I got lucky having two leaks that were both relatively minor. Many people had tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars damage from a single leak. There were probably millions that hadn't had a leak (yet) or only one that missed out on the settlement. I believe there's another suit underway to try to take care of all those people.

RobinL 05-15-2019 07:48 PM

Outside Apple Car Play, The infotainment works great. Maybe a class action should be directed to Apple that brought out to fast without a longer beta. Hope AA will not have the same issues and possibly why it's taking so long.

securityguy 05-15-2019 07:54 PM

Apple CarPlay works pretty awesome in just about every other manufactured vehicle. My 2019 RAM, my 17 and 19 Subaru's and my 18 Accord Hybrid Touring...ZERO issues. This isn't an Apple issue but poor implementation by Acura on an infotainment system that wasn't ready for prime-time.

ToniRDX19 05-15-2019 08:16 PM

I am tempted to join. I had my fair share of Infotainment gitches and more as described in the lawsuit. As a technical guy I can resolve these nuisance. For the average consumer not so easy.

issues:
-freezes up completely
-shut off/ screen turn dark while vehicle is on
-ignition off while infortainment still running
-Screen switches b/w day and night mode
-XiriusXM playing while nav screen freezes up on the smaller screen

Software updates is fixing other nuisances but it is still not as reliable as I hope it would. OTA updates are slow coming.

securityguy 05-15-2019 08:20 PM

@ToniRDX19 ...so what's stopping you? It's FREE and you are the perfect example of someone that absolutely should do it!

Dizzyg12 05-15-2019 11:50 PM

Can’t wait til it settles in 2027 and I can collect my $2.79!

ToniRDX19 05-16-2019 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12 (Post 16426821)

The point is not about money at least for me. It sends a message to the manufacturers to do it right the first time rather having the consumer as a test subject and safety ie more R&D. No company want to receive this sort of bad press.

Over the years I have received a few checks from class action lawsuits. The amount ranges from $10-$20. The amount varies depend number of people participate or file a “claim”.

securityguy 05-16-2019 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12 (Post 16426821)

You just don't get it my friend... @ToniRDX19 is spot on...not about the money.

hockeyaddict 05-16-2019 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by securityguy (Post 16424550)
I strongly suggest that every person on this forum participate in the suit. It costs ZERO and there is no reason not to submit your information. After submitting my details, I received this e-mail and a call from both a paralegal and the attorney himself to discuss and explain next steps. Please do not delay.

I really think this thread should be locked. Perhaps leave a sticky with a link for anyone that comes across having issues and leave it at that. Asking people to sign up and lie about their experiences to potentially claim a highly unlikely and minor compensation is simply wrong.

securityguy 05-16-2019 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by hockeyaddict (Post 16426983)
I really think this thread should be locked. Perhaps leave a sticky with a link for anyone that comes across having issues and leave it at that. Asking people to sign up and lie about their experiences to potentially claim a highly unlikely and minor compensation is simply wrong.

@hockeyaddict EXCUSE ME??? Who ever asked people to lie about their experiences??? There are a ton of folks on this forum that have legitimate complaints and had and are having very poor experiences. No one has asked anyone to lie. You, Sir, are way out of line!

JustMe... 05-16-2019 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by securityguy (Post 16426986)
Who ever asked people to lie about their experiences???

I'm guessing he gets that idea from this:

Originally Posted by securityguy (Post 16424550)
I strongly suggest that every person on this forum participate in the suit. ...

securityguy 05-16-2019 11:01 AM

Very poor assumption on his part and lying was never insinuated or expected. Maybe I could have chosen a different way to express myself but it is what it is at this point. I expect everyone on this forum to be men and women of integrity. If you are having an issue...participate. If you are not...then no one expects you to as you have no reason to.

This does not apply to Canadians anyway!

hockeyaddict 05-16-2019 01:24 PM

I would understand if everyone was affected and there is a serious safety issue. This lawsuit has no case and nobody except the attorney is getting anything here. Don't buy in to this fear of missing out. You are simply just giving away your personal information.

I'll also just leave this here...

Originally Posted by securityguy (Post 16400459)
So I'll go the other direction with this banter. Bought on September 4th. Now have about 7K miles on her. Not ONE SIGNLE ISSUE...PERIOD! Infotainment has been stable. No squealing brakes. Fit and finish is excellent and I am one anal engineering dude. Transmission has been smooth and no jerkiness or harsh shifting.

securityguy 05-16-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by hockeyaddict (Post 16427134)
I would understand if everyone was affected and there is a serious safety issue. This lawsuit has no case and nobody except the attorney is getting anything here. Don't buy in to this fear of missing out. You are simply just giving away your personal information.

I'll also just leave this here...

Thank you for final comment on the subject. Since that posting I made earlier, my wife and I have had a few significant infotainment issues as they relate to the use of CarPlay. It has locked up on several occasions of usage to the point where the Three Finger Reset did nothing. The only way I was able to correct the issue was to power down the unit which many others on the forum have also had to do. Once it rebooted, the system was running VERY SLOW and took over 5 minutes for the spinning circle to go away and the radio and NAV screens to become available. This took place for a few weeks until I read the thread on the FACTORY DATA RESET with resolved the SLOW loading. I am not fear mongering here and many folks on this site have experienced issues (just read all of the threads throughout this forum) that have caused some to trade in the RDX and take a loss.

This has been done successfully legally in the past with Ford and the MY FORD TOUCH system issues that plagued Ford. It does not have to be a safety related issue for a law suit to have merit. As was stated by a few, along with myself, it is not about the money...it is about applying additional pressure on Honda/Acura to get this thing fixed! If I were you @hockeyaddict , I would stop posting and providing poor advice for which you clearly know nothing about.

I find it absolutely FASCINATING that here I am trying to help and give a direction to those impacted, that can choose their own path and make their own decision, only to get criticized by folks like you when these issues are well documented. I get NOTHING out of trying to help...I am not affiliated with this law team at all...they are the ones filing the suit on behalf of thousands of folks that have had issues and desire a resolution.

ToniRDX19 05-16-2019 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by securityguy (Post 16427147)
Thank you for final comment on the subject. Since that posting I made earlier, my wife and I have had a few significant infotainment issues as they relate to the use of CarPlay. It has locked up on several occasions of usage to the point where the Three Finger Reset did nothing. The only way I was able to correct the issue was to power down the unit which many others on the forum have also had to do. Once it rebooted, the system was running VERY SLOW and took over 5 minutes for the spinning circle to go away and the radio and NAV screens to become available. This took place for a few weeks until I read the thread on the FACTORY DATA RESET with resolved the SLOW loading. I am not fear mongering here and many folks on this site have experienced issues (just read all of the threads throughout this forum) that have caused some to trade in the RDX and take a loss.

This has been done successfully legally in the past with Ford and the MY FORD TOUCH system issues that plagued Ford. It does not have to be a safety related issue for a law suit to have merit. As was stated by a few, along with myself, it is not about the money...it is about applying additional pressure on Honda/Acura to get this thing fixed! If I were you @hockeyaddict , I would stop posting and providing poor advice for which you clearly know nothing about.

I find it absolutely FASCINATING that here I am trying to help and give a direction to those impacted, that can choose their own path and make their own decision, only to get criticized by folks like you when these issues are well documented. I get NOTHING out of trying to help...I am not affiliated with this law team at all...they are the ones filing the suit on behalf of thousands of folks that have had issues and desire a resolution.

I ran into the same issue a few weeks ago where a 3-buttons reset did not work. The option came up but I can’t select anything because it refused to respond. I decided to just leave it at that rather than fumbling around while driving with my eyes off the road trying to get it fixed. Ultimately I had to wait at the next stop, shutdown the engine and turn it back on to get it working again. This sort of reset is a familiar scene. I have stopped /stay away from adjusting the infotainment too much out of fear it will crash again. I mostly leave XiriusXM on and nothing else. I no longer use USB for my music due to detection issues. Yes, i’ve read the manual and formatted my USB drive. Wish they put the CD player back in. Too much TECH is a blessing and a curse.

acuraada 05-16-2019 10:28 PM

Securityguy has a point here. Usually class action will cost you nothing to participate. You have got nothing to loose. But the concern is valid, how much the actual settlement would be and what else would you have to give up.

Since the issue with infortainment has not cause any wrongful dead (think Takana airbag) it's hard to tell what leg this suit carries.

Again. It hell beats doing nothing and keep posting on forums.

Atomsplitter 05-17-2019 09:39 AM

Hey I tried clicking the link to join but it wont work...anyone else having issues?

securityguy 05-17-2019 10:08 AM

Just call the number I provided if the link is giving you and issue. See post #3

Meto 05-17-2019 12:49 PM

I signed up