AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/)
-   -   XM Multichannel (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/xm-multichannel-972300/)

Madd Dog 08-09-2018 04:14 PM

XM Multichannel

Has anyone gotten XM multichannel to work as described on page 281 in the manual?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...73c5c127aa.png

I was unable to locate any ‘number’ to select. Or is this only for the Canadians, who seem to get the best features?

Fury63 08-09-2018 05:07 PM

I apologize for being dense but what exactly does this accomplish?

MTD 08-09-2018 09:07 PM

Allows you to save many more XM channels.

NSXFTW 08-10-2018 01:22 AM

The TuneMix feature actually shuffles songs between the channels you add as "favorite multi-channels." I had to look it up myself, but it's a new feature on SiriusXM radios. I think the SiriusXM radio accomplishes this by caching the multiple channels and then shuffles between them, playing songs from the beginning each time. Seems like a pretty cool feature to me as many of the SXM music channels can be a little too narrowly focused for my taste, so mixing in some different channels can give you your own eclectic mix. It makes me wonder as well, with as many as 20 different channels in the mix, if you can skip a song that you don't like? I guess somebody has to confirm it works first.

Catman70 08-10-2018 09:56 AM

Pandora does the same thing on their interface. They will shuffle between all your saved channels.

Madd Dog 08-10-2018 10:26 AM

I figured it out this morning. You first establish one channel as a favorite. Then, you hold the favorite down for a bit and the menu comes up.

Say you like two or three or more stations in a genre, you can make one station out of them, like, maybe '60s and '50s, or classic rewind and classic vinyl, if those are the names of the two classic rock albums. Or, maybe an
Elvis channel and a Beatles channel, whatever.

Fury63 08-10-2018 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16278599)
I figured it out this morning. You first establish one channel as a favorite. Then, you hold the favorite down for a bit and the menu comes up.

Say you like two or three or more stations in a genre, you can make one station out of them, like, maybe '60s and '50s, or classic rewind and classic vinyl, if those are the names of the two classic rock albums. Or, maybe an

That’s good news as you only have room for 12 channel shortcuts on the XM app.

NSXFTW 08-10-2018 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16278599)

Have you had a chance to listen to TuneMix? Does it work as intended?

Madd Dog 08-10-2018 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by NSXFTW (Post 16278701)
Have you had a chance to listen to TuneMix? Does it work as intended?

I am going to try it out this afternoon.

Madd Dog 08-10-2018 01:21 PM

I got it to work, but my jury is still out on it.

It seems like you can only combine 2 channels, and not all channels qualify. For example, the Elvis channel didn’t qualify. However, you can make one channel from two, which should reduce how narrow some of the channels are. The manual indicates that you can have more than two, so I might work on that.

NSXFTW 08-10-2018 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16278808)
I got it to work, but my jury is still out on it.

It seems like you can only combine 2 channels, and not all channels qualify. For example, the Elvis channel didn’t qualify. However, you can make one channel from two, which should reduce how narrow some of the channels are. The manual indicates that you can have more than two, so I might work on that.

Yeah, the manual says you can combine 20 channels! Of all the years I've had satellite radio, I probably haven't listened to 20 different channels in total! In any event, it seems like it could be a cool feature if it works as described, but it seems really confusing as to how to set it up, so 99% of RDX owners will probably never use it. I'll have to give it a try once my RDX finally arrives at my dealership. As Tom Petty once said, "The waiting is the hardest part." :tumbleweed:

Madd Dog 08-10-2018 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by NSXFTW (Post 16278852)
Yeah, the manual says you can combine 20 channels! Of all the years I've had satellite radio, I probably haven't listened to 20 different channels in total! In any event, it seems like it could be a cool feature if it works as described, but it seems really confusing as to how to set it up, so 99% of RDX owners will probably never use it. I'll have to give it a try once my RDX finally arrives at my dealership. As Tom Petty once said, "The waiting is the hardest part." :tumbleweed:

Not for nothing, but there is a Tom Petty channel. I don't know if it is combinable or not. There is a little logo that appears on the channel if it is combinable.