Voice commands to Siri

Old 12-17-2018, 06:02 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voice commands to Siri

After I updated my RDX system last Wednesday 12/10, voice commands to Siri no longer work. Previously, I could listen to or initiate text messages, initiate phone calls, etc. Now, if I hold the talk switch long enough to initiate Siri, after a second or so it blanks out and does not respond to voice. One dealership (local) tells me that there is a significant code rewrite in process, but no ETA to fix. A different dealership has no knowledge of this, nor does Acura's customer support. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 12-17-2018, 06:26 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by emernst
After I updated my RDX system last Wednesday 12/10, voice commands to Siri no longer work. Previously, I could listen to or initiate text messages, initiate phone calls, etc. Now, if I hold the talk switch long enough to initiate Siri, after a second or so it blanks out and does not respond to voice. One dealership (local) tells me that there is a significant code rewrite in process, but no ETA to fix. A different dealership has no knowledge of this, nor does Acura's customer support. Anyone else experiencing this?
Quite a few folks are having the same problem. Check the OTA update thread for many of the problems folks are finding.

Billy
The following users liked this post:
emernst (12-18-2018)
Old 01-02-2019, 01:15 PM
5th Gear

Siri

Same issue here as well it appears that they don't have the correct drivers for the handsfree link in the update as it worked previously
Originally Posted by emernst
Old 01-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the same problem since the update. Used to work fine before it. It does work if you plug it in to the USB port.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:12 PM
5th Gear

Make sure you file a claim with Acura customer service. The dealer is seeing a lot of issues since the update. They said the more the complaints the quicker the fix. Same issue on the Honda pilot as well
Old 01-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did call Acura about the problem. I ended up talking to someone in Technical Support. They said they are aware of the problem and it doesn't work for anyone since the update. They are working on a fix but there is no eta.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:24 PM
5th Gear

Siri

Glad to hear that!!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Not only did I lose functionality with the car's steering wheel controls for SIRI, I cannot even use SIRI via my iPhone. It starts to answer and then closes down. Fun Fact: I have been trying to talk to someone at American Honda Tech. They keep promising a call back. However, they never call. I took my car to the dealer for this problem as well as the dreaded "System Error: Function Not Available" when trying to use the left thumbwheel to change XM channels. They performed the battery disconnect for the second time. I now have 2 invoices that state they cannot fix the car.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Havasubum
I now have 2 invoices that state they cannot fix the car.
One to go and you can Lemon Law it and buy something you'll enjoy.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 PM
5th Gear

Ota

ive found that the system error with the radio wheel control can be corrected by turning the audio off then on. This only happens if you use the phone app to start the car. You need to let the system load before adjusting any of the radio controls. Siri does work via Apple CarPlay if you use the cord via USB. I've been turning the radio off before shutting the car off, no issues. The Siri handsfree the tech folks say is a combo of IOS and Acura they said a fix is coming soon my guess is more people are updating with the OTA thru the dealer hub when visiting for routine service.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jcorreale
ive found that the system error with the radio wheel control can be corrected by turning the audio off then on. This only happens if you use the phone app to start the car. You need to let the system load before adjusting any of the radio controls. Siri does work via Apple CarPlay if you use the cord via USB. I've been turning the radio off before shutting the car off, no issues. The Siri handsfree the tech folks say is a combo of IOS and Acura they said a fix is coming soon my guess is more people are updating with the OTA thru the dealer hub when visiting for routine service.
I'm not sure why owners on this forum provide "work arounds" for system failures. These problems should simplly not be tolerated.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:45 PM
5th Gear

Ota

Because just like anything new there are gonna be issues. It's to help folks until the patch is released seriously!!
Old 01-06-2019, 01:00 AM
Instructor

It took 6 months for the first update. How long before the car is no longer defective and I can use SIRI in the car? Call Client Relations. I have, and they don't have the foggiest idea. I'm sorry if I don't have confidence, since the first update caused more problems for me than it fixed.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:40 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Picked up my Advance just over a week ago and have a similar issue. I can use Siri when connected via CarPlay but if I'm connected via Bluetooth Siri activates as if listening but then never follows through with my request. Even more frustrating is that my 2018 CR V that I traded in worked perfect in both situations.

Maybe whoever's working on the RDX should ask the CR V team for some help.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
I'm now experiencing the same issues too.

1) I hold down the Siri button on the steering wheel and she responds, but my commands simply are not processed and Siri deactivates.
2) When I try to dictate a text message, only the initial part of my texts are captured and the end never seems to be converted to text.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post
I'm having the same issue with Siri not responding after I updated the RDX software. Has anyone heard anything from Acura.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by waahu
I'm having the same issue with Siri not responding after I updated the RDX software. Has anyone heard anything from Acura.
My dealer can't fix my SIRI problem, and I've been waiting 3 weeks for a call back from Client Relations.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

Same problem with Siri

Originally Posted by waahu
Any news welcome.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:48 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
After the 1.1.2 update Siri will now work with a Bluetooth connection in my car.

An Acura tech representative called me a couple days after the update and I mentioned the Siri issue. He noted that it is a known issue they are working on and one of the standard suggestions to fix all things Bluetooth related is to un-pair your phone and then pair it again. I added one step by shutting the car off after un-pairing and turning it back before pairing again. For me Siri just started working after the 1.1.2 update but I still have music pause briefly while playing via Bluetooth or when connected by cable for Carplay. Very annoying when you consider how good the sound system can play.