Traded our 17 Tech for a 19 Aspec today and we are unsure we did the right thing

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traded our 17 Tech for a 19 Aspec today and we are unsure we did the right thing

So we traded in our 17 RDX tech for a 19 RDX ASpec today. We were going to just take a tech but for 3k we liked the Rims and the Expanded Audio at least in concept along with the Ventilated seats and all the other stuff that comes with Aspec.

We drive the 19 Tech for a while and found the seats great but didnt spend much time in the Aspec as we figured it was going to be the same with more gadgets. Much to my surprise the seat is very different comfort wise. I cant figure it out completely but the Tech seat is much plusher and more comfy than the Aspec seat. Visually they are almost identical except for the suede center and the color piping on the edges but otherwise they look the same. It has to be the ventilated system or the Aspec itself that is making the seat so much less forgiving. Its pressing against the backs of my legs towards the front and making my legs numb. The tech did not do this nor did the 17 Tech. I tried for house to set it up better but i cant get comfy. I noticed there is a angled pitch in the seat pretty much that leans you back into the bucket and you pretty much cant flatten the seat out. The front stays elevated unless you raise the seat all the way up and at 6 foot my head will be out the sunroof. I am not sure what to do but this is a dilemma for me.

The other issue driving us insane is the radio station presets. We use sirius xm for 99 percent of our listening and we use about 10-15 presets. We have a new Audi SQ5 and Porsche Boxster 718 and the presets are right in your face as soon as you get in and you pick what you want and voila.

I have no idea how to set multiple presets on this car that would be easy for the passenger or driver to quickly run through and find a good station.

What am I missing ? Is there no way to set 10-15 presets that can be accessed easily from the touch pad without going through multiple swipes or gestures making it impossible to pick stations ?

help please ?

Thx
Old 09-01-2018, 04:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Theatermax
The other issue driving us insane is the radio station presets. We use sirius xm for 99 percent of our listening and we use about 10-15 presets. We have a new Audi SQ5 and Porsche Boxster 718 and the presets are right in your face as soon as you get in and you pick what you want and voila.

I have no idea how to set multiple presets on this car that would be easy for the passenger or driver to quickly run through and find a good station...
I haven't tried it yet but my understanding is once you set a station as a favorite it can then be moved to either/both the home screen/HUD. From page 256 in the owner's manual:

■ To add shortcut icons to the home screen and the head-up display*
Shortcut icons for items stored in Favorite can be added to the home screen and the
head-up display.
1. Select a favorite item, then press and hold
true touchpad A.
u A pop-up menu will appear on the
screen.
2. Select Add to Home Page or Add to
Heads-Up Display*.
u A short cut icon will be added to the
home screen or the head-up display.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It can be done because my salesperson was demonstrating saving stations in Sirius. I do not recall how she did it but a few were saved and then there were 3/4"x3/4" shortcut tiles on the bottom of the display. We sat in the parking lot for at least 20 minutes with her setting up a bunch of preferences. Information overload.

I had the same issue with the seat but was able to adjust it to lower the front. Keep messing with it. I'm 6'2 and still have a couple of inches above my head. Adjust the recline after you adjust the bottom.

This may help, this was FM but I believe it was similar in Sirius.

PDF showing Sirius having similar setup.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4LUtxMYPmUgAbz

I'm having trouble linking the PDF. I google searched "saving serius stations in 2019 rdx"

Last edited by 97ws6; 09-01-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:17 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
You can create endless pages of SIRIUS presets. It's fairly easy but I forget exactly how it's done. I will try it tomorrow and report back if no one else chimes in.

I went from a 17 RDX Advance to a 19 RDX A-Spec and I love it and am very glad I did. The 19 "feels" like a new car. Once you get used to it you won't believe that you thought about going back.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Just keep performing the process of "Add Favorite" and you can create a list of what you want to access. You can see the option at the bottom of the above video.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
I have a loaner 2019 and can't add any stations to the Sirius/XM station bar. There is no "add favorite" option next to the saved stations (there were only two saved stations already saved). I was able to change a favorite to another station, but see no way to add a new one. Very strange - maybe its a glitch. It also appears there are multiple pages available on the screen as there are three dots in the bottom center of the screen but I see no way to change pages. Not a very intuitive system compared to the antiquated 2016 system in our Advance.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by chickdr
I have a loaner 2019 and can't add any stations to the Sirius/XM station bar. There is no "add favorite" option next to the saved stations (there were only two saved stations already saved). I was able to change a favorite to another station, but see no way to add a new one. Very strange - maybe its a glitch. It also appears there are multiple pages available on the screen as there are three dots in the bottom center of the screen but I see no way to change pages. Not a very intuitive system compared to the antiquated 2016 system in our Advance.
Swipe the lower portion of the touchpad where the saved statins are from right to left. The add fav button may be in the next page.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I believe you are limited to 3 pages of favorites, unless this changed with a recent update, maybe I will have to try to add more.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
When I test drove the A-Spec I found a big difference in the seats compared to the Platinum/Advance. They A-Spec seats were more firm and not nearly as comfortable. Part of it may be the lack of a thigh extension included in the Advance.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by RobinL
When I test drove the A-Spec I found a big difference in the seats compared to the Platinum/Advance. They A-Spec seats were more firm and not nearly as comfortable. Part of it may be the lack of a thigh extension included in the Advance.
The seat material and the inclusion of bolsters make the seats in the advance nicer overall
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
You can add Sirius stations to your "Favorite" There are 4 per page and at least 3 pages.. so that makes 12 presets. I just tested this yesterday and had no issues (make sure the bottom right of you screen has the "Less/More" part clicked, and you should see the presets at the bottom row). Scrolling through them is fairly easily by swiping left/right or by using the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel. Just click left/right on it to change stations or scroll up and down if you have that input selected.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 68 Posts
I have a tech, my wife got the A spec (don't ask lol) and I've noticed her seats feel more firm. I like mine better for sure. Not a big difference, but noticeable to me. I'm sure once we wear them in a bit it will be less noticeable. Although i do like the ventilation on her seats!