AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/)
-   -   Radio is loading on start up (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/radio-loading-start-up-973913/)

blibbertibs 10-10-2018 02:33 PM

Radio is loading on start up

Once in a while the radio doesn't play on start up (maybe one in five starts). The 2nd info screen shows "loading..." until we press the touchpad. Anyone else experience this?

Newsy1904 10-10-2018 06:49 PM

No, just the "Check Tuner" or "Radio Unavailable" error message.

Bartrdx 10-10-2018 07:39 PM

Same problem

i have same issue. My dealer had no clue what problem is.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...7323c25d0.jpeg

Njbrandon 10-10-2018 07:58 PM

Happened to me today. I just went to the home screen and clicked on FM radio and it worked.

oblio98 10-10-2018 10:50 PM

Happens a lot to me. You have to go back to the MAIN MENU and re select it. Lotta bugs in this head unit.

blibbertibs 10-10-2018 11:48 PM

Yeah, happens to me approximately 3 times a week. Dealer doesn't know what's wrong with it. It's minor but it's also annoying.

burn1010 10-11-2018 12:28 AM

Happens to me also. switching screens loads it. Annoying bugs abound

Stew4HD 10-11-2018 07:11 AM

Same thing with me. If I hit the HOME button and reload the radio, it comes right back but... yep, tis an issue

Havasubum 10-15-2018 05:07 PM

Add me to the list of people having the "loading" freeze. Good luck to all of us. Honda America is NOT very response to owner's issues. BARTRDX, perhaps the dealer could be more proactive and contact Acura Tech about the problem. This has happened to me as well. The dealer can't fix it so they give it back to the owner, shrugging their shoulders. GRRRRR!

Boxer1200 10-15-2018 05:17 PM

First post. First issue for me. Only had the car a couple hours and it does it each time I restart. Really annoying for what I just laid out .I'm fearful this is tip of the iceberg with the techy stuff.

MI-RDX 10-15-2018 05:19 PM

For the last week I've been listening to nothing but broadcast radio (AM or FM) and have never experienced this issue. Whatever it is it's not consistent.

FWIW I only have a USB drive connected in the center console, no phone.

DHood 10-16-2018 09:34 AM

I am also having the Radio Issue. Going back to the Home Menu and selecting another source and then returning seems to fix it temporarily. Lets all hope there is an update soon.
Speaking of which how would the update process work? Wifi, USB Flash Drive, Dealer installed?

Stew4HD 10-16-2018 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by DHood (Post 16313907)
I am also having the Radio Issue. Going back to the Home Menu and selecting another source and then returning seems to fix it temporarily. Lets all hope there is an update soon.
Speaking of which how would the update process work? Wifi, USB Flash Drive, Dealer installed?

I think it's via wifi, but have to wait and see, I guess.. it's past due for an update from them!

Meto 10-16-2018 01:00 PM

I just turn off the system from the steering wheel and then back on... It is annoying and Acura knows about it and says it will be fixed in the update

Bartrdx 10-16-2018 01:34 PM

I turn radio on and off, it comes right on.
I’m going to dealership next week and start the process. it’s probably a software fix which could take a while.
Has anyone noticed how slow the systems spool up when you start car. My opinion it is too long.

Meto 10-16-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bartrdx (Post 16314226)
I turn radio on and off, it comes right on.
I’m going to dealership next week and start the process. it’s probably a software fix which could take a while.
Has anyone noticed how slow the systems spool up when you start car. My opinion it is too long.

Agreed... This was also reported to Acura

catbert430 10-16-2018 04:42 PM

A little humor with my sound system...

Sirius XM had a little trouble starting so I switched to FM and back. Everything now OK.

Later in the day, the display was working but, no sound was coming from the speakers.
I tried switching apps and tried power off and on several times to no avail.

Stopped the car and restarted a few times. That didn't help either.

I put the car in the garage and let is sit for a couple of hours and then went for a ride to see if I had sound before heading for the dealer.

That's when I remembered that I had turned the volume all the way down at the drive-in bank.
The one thing I hadn't tried was the volume knob. The sound was never missing, just misplaced.

Another case of the defect being between the seat and the controls. :facepalm:

Havasubum 10-16-2018 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meto (Post 16314295)
Agreed... This was also reported to Acura

Meto

Who told you that there is a fix on the way? Client Relations is not a good source of information. I have received totally wrong info several times from them

Thanks

Meto 10-22-2018 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Havasubum (Post 16314413)
Meto

Who told you that there is a fix on the way? Client Relations is not a good source of information. I have received totally wrong info several times from them

Thanks

The district service manager is now on speed dial for me.. After sending in videos, pictures and them having my vehicle for over 30 days, he said a system update is coming soon to address many issues. I spoke to him just last week, but he did not have an update.

Bartrdx 10-22-2018 05:43 PM

Thanks for the note
I’ve been in Florida
home tomorrow
hesded to dealer Wednesday

Havasubum 10-22-2018 06:14 PM

Meto
30 days is the magic number for a lemon law repurchase in CA.
Good luck to all of us.

Bartrdx 11-04-2018 04:51 PM

Took car to dealer on Monday afternoon. They called Thursday and said problem was the tuner. Picked up car Friday sfternoon.
this am radio did same thing. Searching
Here is what I did
Started car
put in rever
put in drive
no radio
Its got to be software.

I don’t wait for car to spoil up info system
Ill take it in tomorrow
john

Havasubum 11-04-2018 05:08 PM

I also get the following message in the HUD when trying to change channels using the left thumb wheel: System Error-Function Unavailable. (see related thread). I am also often unable to hang up a cell phone call using the same thumbwheel or the small touchpad. After taking in the car for both issues, the dealer stated that Acura has a fix in the works for all the infotainment issues. There is no information as to when this will occur. Essentially we're all stuck at this point.

Bartrdx 11-06-2018 08:08 AM

The radio failed again this weekend.
Took it to dealer.
He is trying a system reboot.
you go to settings on main screen and do it ther.
It wile all radio and phone info clean.
We’ll see how that goes
Jb I

Stew4HD 11-07-2018 07:38 AM

I noticed that if I have the audio screen on the right side of the screen and nav on the left side, the radio freezes at loading 100% of the time. If I swap them, it rarely freezes. So rediculous

Bartrdx 11-07-2018 10:13 AM

That is exactly what my tech wanted me to try
He wanted to see if the screen made a difference
I’ll pass it on to him
jb

securityguy 11-07-2018 06:20 PM

Acura is aware of the issue. No fix at this time. Need to wait for their software update to become available. Going to the dealer is a waste of time. Just call Acura and create a case number so you have it on record.

MI-RDX 11-07-2018 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16327762)
I noticed that if I have the audio screen on the right side of the screen and nav on the left side, the radio freezes at loading 100% of the time. If I swap them, it rarely freezes. So rediculous

After reading this post I set mine up the same way (Nav on left screen, audio on right). I've made 4 different trips since then (leaving the radio on in between) and nothing has happened - tried with both FM and XM, did not try with USB audio. Whatever it is it's not consistent across all vehicles, or if it is there's something we as drivers are doing different.

Stew4HD 11-08-2018 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16328485)
After reading this post I set mine up the same way (Nav on left screen, audio on right). I've made 4 different trips since then (leaving the radio on in between) and nothing has happened - tried with both FM and XM, did not try with USB audio. Whatever it is it's not consistent across all vehicles, or if it is there's something we as drivers are doing different.

Try is with AM radio, if you would please.. just to cover the bases. I typically listen to talk and sport talk radio to and from work lately. I will also try it with FM to see if that locks up with the audio source on the right side.

Boxer1200 11-08-2018 08:46 AM

It's funny how no one has reported this happening on a test drive. The biggest change after purchase is most will pair a phone to the vehicle. I'm wondering if that's throwing everything off on these things. I test drove and everything worked great. Then purchased a few days later. Again, everything worked fine. No issues till we got there phones paired up once the vehicle was home.

MI-RDX 11-08-2018 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16328619)
Try is with AM radio, if you would please.. just to cover the bases...

Done - and can report that I had a 100% failure rate, although I suspect that 1 out of 1 would not be considered a valid sample size. :D

The right screen just sat there with the 'Loading' message and nothing happening - the right touch pad seemed to be unresponsive as well but the left side functioned normally with the little bit of playing I did. I pressed the 'Talk' button on the steering wheel and said "Tune AM 1270" - system took the command, tuned to the correct frequency and unlocked the right screen. Will play some more when I'm out next.

Kind of looking like a possible bug in the AM Radio app.

Stew4HD 11-08-2018 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16329000)
Done - and can report that I had a 100% failure rate, although I suspect that 1 out of 1 would not be considered a valid sample size. :D

The right screen just sat there with the 'Loading' message and nothing happening - the right touch pad seemed to be unresponsive as well but the left side functioned normally with the little bit of playing I did. I pressed the 'Talk' button on the steering wheel and said "Tune AM 1270" - system took the command, tuned to the correct frequency and unlocked the right screen. Will play some more when I'm out next.

Kind of looking like a possible bug in the AM Radio app.

Thanks! Seems we are narrowing this down, at least.

MI-RDX 11-09-2018 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16329001)
Thanks! Seems we are narrowing this down, at least.

Running around a bit yesterday (about a half dozen ignition cycles) and it reoccurred as described above but not 100% of the time. A couple of occasions it happened as above, 2 other times the right screen froze at 'Loading' but the radio started playing the previously set station anyhow, and the rest of the time everything functioned as it should. In all cases of 'Loading lock' a voice command would free it up.

My gut feel is it's something in the startup logic of the AM radio APP that's affected by other things happening during system initialization which could explain the inconsistent symptoms.

I'll now return to my normal listening protocol.

MI-RDX 11-09-2018 01:38 PM

Just a quick addition to my above post. After the RDX was sitting all night I ran some errands this morning. Radio turned on normally, no 'loading' message and still tuned to the last AM station I was listening to last night. :scratch:

This is the kind of stuff that causes software developers to drink. :chug:

Meto 11-09-2018 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16329764)
Just a quick addition to my above post. After the RDX was sitting all night I ran some errands this morning. Radio turned on normally, no 'loading' message and still tuned to the last AM station I was listening to last night. :scratch:

This is the kind of stuff that causes software developers to drink. :chug:

That's why I do... :chug:

Stew4HD 11-12-2018 06:29 AM

I put FM radio on the right side, I had no issues after 4-5 restarts. I changed it to AM, froze up on first restart. This only seems to happen with AM on the right side of the screen

Bartrdx 11-12-2018 06:36 AM

I’ll have to try am
Mine I’d FM on right

subin 11-12-2018 12:23 PM

I am not able to consistently duplicate the issue. For me, FM also stuck on the "loading" a couple of times, same with AM, for the past week or so, with about 30 tries.

Boxer1200 11-12-2018 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by subin (Post 16331048)
I am not able to consistently duplicate the issue. For me, FM also stuck on the "loading" a couple of times, same with AM, for the past week or so, with about 30 tries.

Dropped mine at the dealer today for infotainment issues and a few other things they may actually be able to do something about. My service advisor said she’d never heard of these issues. I said I doubt I’ll be the last. I don’t expect them to fix it. Just wanted to get it noted as they fixed a couple cosmetic things. They gave me an ‘19 MDX tech as a loaner. I’m not impressed. Much prefer my temperamental RDX. Wife does too.

Bartrdx 11-13-2018 08:40 AM

When I took mine in they too had no clue about radio issue. They replaced tuner. Didn’t fix it.
i am keeping radio in the large screen and not the right small one . No issue so far.
Biggedtvisdue is how long radio and navigation takes to load. My service technician says it’s wsy too long.
Hes talking with Acura techs. Got to be a software issue.