AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/)
-   -   Playlist (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/playlist-977111/)

Yehlic Cliyeh 02-11-2019 06:49 PM

Playlist

As many know w/ the latest update, the usb keeps playing the first song on the usb. I've heard creating a playlist will take care of the problem. Can someone post how to create a m3u playlist? Also in my attempt to create one, when I was able to create one however the order of the song on the playlist is not the order I had created it was in the order of me copying the songs onto the USB, thus making me think I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Yehlic

Meto 02-12-2019 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Yehlic Cliyeh (Post 16381010)
As many know w/ the latest update, the usb keeps playing the first song on the usb. I've heard creating a playlist will take care of the problem. Can someone post how to create a m3u playlist? Also in my attempt to create one, when I was able to create one however the order of the song on the playlist is not the order I had created it was in the order of me copying the songs onto the USB, thus making me think I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Yehlic

No, it doesn't work so you didn't do anything wrong. The system ignores the playlist and does what it wants

Smilin_Jim 02-15-2019 12:17 PM

m3u playlists all work pretty much the same. It is a simple text file that has a line dedicated to the file path for one song. The path is relative to where the file is found by the program, so on a thumb drive, it will always be from the root.

A possible short playlist would look like this:

\Islands In the Sky.mp3
\Paint It Black.mp3
\Quality Tracks\My Old School.flac

I am sure there are tons of tutorials out there, so this is just a few quick notes
The leading "" just says the path starts at the current directory. Islands in the Sky and Paint It Black are in the main directory. The example has a subdirectory (folder) called "Quality Tracks" and in it the person stored files encoded with the lossless format ".flac" which is a format the ELS systems in the 2019 RDX can play.
The file needs to be saved as a text or txt format file with the extension "m3u".

alinnellRDX 02-15-2019 01:12 PM

I got a system update on Thursday and it eliminated that stupid playing of the first song on the USB. It still has the issue of alphabetizing things, though. Say I want to listen to Pink Floyd (I have six albums on the USB). It plays the songs in alphabetic order rather than starting at the first album and playing the album through before going to the second album. It plays the album correctly if I just choose that album.

Smilin_Jim 02-15-2019 03:01 PM

alinnellRDX,

I was going to mention the update may make things better, but basically wanted to give you a little information on playlists.

Yes, playing in track order would be very nice, but only a few playback systems that I have seen are really capable of playing stuff exactly the way I would want all the time and none are on a car. JRiverMC, for instance gets it right every time.

Another thing to keep in mind is, based on disclaimers that Acura has posted, the songs are probably not playing in alphabetical order, it just seems that way. According to Acura, from what I can tell, they play in the order written to the USB drive. Most of the time this will be in alphabetical order, but maybe not. You might be able to force the issue into playing in the right order if you put your songs in subdirectories for each album and possibly moving songs one track at a time into that directory for that CD. I am going to guess that is too much trouble, but I think it would work.

Most of the time I don't care about the order of every song, but some albums just scream to be played in the right order like Abbey Road or Sheer Heart Attack or, as you mention, many Pink Floyd and Moody Blues albums. For those I have just combined the tracks into a single mp3 or flac file so they always come out right. But that is not just an Acura issue.

Hope that helps.