No audio connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
No audio connection

So my wife started her 19 RDX this morning and the infotainment system had a blank screen for quite awhile. After it finally came up, we got an error that says "no audio connection". None of the inputs would work. Restarting the system and car didn't fix the problem. Getting frustrated with this half baked, full of bugs infotainment system! I love the car, but hate being a beta tester for it!

Back to the dealer I go.
May try a battery pull that's been suggested in another thread about a similar infotainment issue.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:00 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Yikes!
Old 08-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Uodate: once my wife started the car later in the day. It booted up fine. Wierd glitch!??
Old 08-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by xraytedjim
Uodate: once my wife started the car later in the day. It booted up fine. Wierd glitch!??
Has happened to me as well
Old 09-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I have had two errors similar to the above.

These all happened shortly after using the function, stopping and leaving the car for a short period of time (i.e. to fill up with fuel), and then getting back in and starting up.

"Check Tuner" - when using Sirius Radio before stopping

"Radio unavailable" - when using FM Radio before stopping.

In the case of the FM Radio, I was able to re-engage the Radio by using the Powe On/Off button on the left side of the steering wheel.

In the case of the Sirius Radio error, I had to turn off engine and open the door, then restart the vehicle.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Newsy1904
I have had two errors similar to the above.

These all happened shortly after using the function, stopping and leaving the car for a short period of time (i.e. to fill up with fuel), and then getting back in and starting up.

"Check Tuner" - when using Sirius Radio before stopping

"Radio unavailable" - when using FM Radio before stopping.

In the case of the FM Radio, I was able to re-engage the Radio by using the Powe On/Off button on the left side of the steering wheel.

In the case of the Sirius Radio error, I had to turn off engine and open the door, then restart the vehicle.

There seems to be a lot of it didn't work right this time but it did the last time and will the next time glitches in the infotainment system. It seems like early 2019 owners should be given a direct path to an Acura development web site to input these issues so development can examine and help define their testing scripts for the next update. In essence we are beta testers for the Infotainment system. Many software houses that have beta testers for new releases have ways for the beta testers to document problems and observations directly to the development team (in this case Acura proper and vendors involved with it). But Acura probably does not see itself as also a software company in addition to a car company. I guess the bottom line will be in how many of these inconsistencies in the infotainment logic remain after the first update.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Searching for radio

We Mine starts searching and just hangs there. Dealer is clueless. Other times I get no radio, just hard static.
Sometimes when I start car and pull out before computer can boot up, I get searching for radio error.
These seem like software issues.
John
Old 02-12-2019, 05:42 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Resolution to "No Audio Connection" Problem?

Did any other RDX owners get this "No audio connection" problem solved? I am having it too, and am getting the runaround on a fix. Some entries on this message board date back to June on this issue, surely Acura has a fix by now.
The following users liked this post:
Mohammed kamil (01-30-2024)
Old 02-13-2019, 10:22 AM
7th Gear

Resolution?

Hi there, thanks for posting about this. My car is having the same problem. Did your dealer fix the problem?

Originally Posted by xraytedjim
So my wife started her 19 RDX this morning and the infotainment system had a blank screen for quite awhile. After it finally came up, we got an error that says "no audio connection". None of the inputs would work. Restarting the system and car didn't fix the problem. Getting frustrated with this half baked, full of bugs infotainment system! I love the car, but hate being a beta tester for it!

Back to the dealer I go.
May try a battery pull that's been suggested in another thread about a similar infotainment issue.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Advanced

No dealer solution. I called Acura HQ. There response was sorry, we have no solution.

Im really disappointed. I think I’m gonna call back have them send me there response in writing. In Nory Carolina it’s against the law to sell something defective. I am sure they are working on solution.
The question is when.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Couldn't tell from the posts here, but did anyone try the three finger reboot described in the video at this link?
Old 02-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Advanced

News flash.
I just got notice of software update
I’m loading now.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:30 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. I bought an RDX and is going through this now. Has anyone found a solution or their dealership doing anything about it?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:03 AM
5th Gear

Good morning. Also experiencing this issue on my RDX purchased last month. I took it back to the dealership I purchased it from and they seem to think it's a bad audio tuner which is on back order until 3/25. I took it in to another dealership this morning. Waiting to hear the diagnosis.

Error messages:
-No audio connection
-Network connection lost
-Check radio tuner
-Unfortunately, speech recognizer has stopped

System works some days and not others. It will try to reboot itself and then turn to a black screen. Issue is not screen related (camera still visible when you throw it in reverse and phone calls appear, but are unanswerable - diverts to mobile device). When the system is working, if I hit a bump in the road sound becomes "static-ey" which leads me to believe it's not just a software issue.

Curious to hear if a resolution was found for issues mentioned in this thread?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:47 AM
7th Gear

No. No solution. None. I've had my RDX 2 months now, and still nothing. The dealer had my car in their shop for over a week. First they said it was the tuner, then the whole infotainment center, then they said it was a software problem and that replacing hardware wouldn't fix it. I have had numerous calls to Acura Client Relations, they promised a software update would happen by the end of February that would solve it - the update never came. So now I am going to be calling them again today. I suggest you call them too: 800-382-2238, option #7, weekdays, 6 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

What frustrates me is that everyone I talk to swears I'm the only one they know who is having this problem. Obviously, that's a lie. And they continue selling these cars knowing full well that the infotainment system is defective. They should suspend selling all affected RDXs until they fix the problems. I would call this fraud.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:48 AM
7th Gear

No. No solution. None. I've had my RDX 2 months now, and still nothing. The dealer had my car in their shop for over a week. First they said it was the tuner, then the whole infotainment center, then they said it was a software problem and that replacing hardware wouldn't fix it. I have had numerous calls to Acura Client Relations, they promised a software update would happen by the end of February that would solve it - the update never came. So now I am going to be calling them again today. I suggest you call them too: 800-382-2238, option #7, weekdays, 6 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

What frustrates me is that everyone I talk to swears I'm the only one they know who is having this problem. Obviously, that's a lie. And they continue selling these cars knowing full well that the infotainment system is defective. They should suspend selling all affected RDXs until they fix the problems. I would call this fraud.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I had this exact same problem, dealer took 10 hours to resolve the problem, they replaced the unit (39540-TJB-C21), lost the car for 2 weeks, everything is fine now, no more problems since then (january)
Old 03-12-2019, 10:44 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Marty790
I had this exact same problem, dealer took 10 hours to resolve the problem, they replaced the unit (39540-TJB-C21), lost the car for 2 weeks, everything is fine now, no more problems since then (january)
can you clarify what 10 hours to solve the problem yet you lost it for 2 weeks means?
Old 03-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jorel Alfonso
can you clarify what 10 hours to solve the problem yet you lost it for 2 weeks means?
To find the problem and replace the unit, it took a total of 10 hours. The unit was back order for 2 weeks and nothing was working (no bluetooth, no stereo, no more sound) so the dealer gave me a loaner for 2 weeks
Old 03-12-2019, 03:58 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Marty790

To find the problem and replace the unit, it took a total of 10 hours. The unit was back order for 2 weeks and nothing was working (no bluetooth, no stereo, no more sound) so the dealer gave me a loaner for 2 weeks
The car is currently at service and i have a loaner. Crossing my fingers.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:28 AM
5th Gear

Going on day 11 of a loaner vehicle. Apparently the part (audio tuner) is on "critical back order." Hoping to get an eta today on when the part will be available and I can pick up my (brand new) car in good working order. Good luck to everyone else in a similar boat and hope you have a great week otherwise!
Old 03-18-2019, 09:05 AM
10th Gear

Im on day 6 of my loaner, and they are waiting for a new AMP to arrive. I'll also keep everyone updated.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:57 PM
6th Gear

No audio and more

In the past we have had the infotainment system go down, but stopping the car, turn ignition off, and open the door trick got it going. Last week while a short trip, CarPlay, GPS, and SiriusXM on the unit beeped, and then all was lost. Could not shut down system doing the usual tricks, so the 3 finger salute was employed to at least bring it up so the system could be shut down somewhat properly.
In to the dealer yesterday, can’t fix but the Bluetooth was told it works. Sorry, no go. Now we have no radio (that’s AM, FM, and SiriusXM), no hands free, all from a $43000 car. And to top it off, no reasonable time frame 5o fix the damn thing.
My wife is upset, so the homelife is a bear at the moment. We have purchased a plethora of new cars in the past 40: years none had problems like this.
Not trading it off yet. Am considering all options.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:22 AM
10th Gear

I just picked up the car this morning after a week. They first change the amp and it was still buggy so they end up changing the whole audio unit. So far so good, but we'll keep you posted if something happens again
Old 03-20-2019, 10:24 AM
5th Gear

UPDATE:
Apparently the amplifier part needed to fix this issue is no longer on "critical back order." Part was delivered to my dealer (in Dallas, TX) yesterday, just received a phone call that the RDX is now ready to go. Only 13 days in a loaner...

(Also - I will post in another thread - but learned that my squeaky brakes is a known issue with the RDX. Apparently a resolution is in the works but no actual solutions available at this time. Estimated eta on the solution is at my next oil change which I'm 5K miles from.)

Good luck to y'all!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:25 AM
5th Gear

UPDATE: Apparently the amplifier part needed to fix this issue is no longer on "critical back order." Part was delivered to my dealer (in Dallas, TX) yesterday, just received a phone call that the RDX is now ready to go. Only 13 days in a loaner...

(Also - I will post in another thread - but learned that my squeaky brakes is a known issue with the RDX. Apparently a resolution is in the works but no actual solutions available at this time. Estimated eta on the solution is at my next oil change which I'm 5K miles from.)

Good luck to y'all!
Old 03-22-2019, 09:42 AM
5th Gear

ANOTHER UPDATE: Picked up the vehicle, didn't even make it home before the infotainment system began glitching out again only this time crackling speakers joined the party. Back to the drawing board.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:46 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by anclay11
ANOTHER UPDATE: Picked up the vehicle, didn't even make it home before the infotainment system began glitching out again only this time crackling speakers joined the party. Back to the drawing board.
tell them to replace the audio unit. When they replaced the amp on mone, they said it didnt fix it.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:11 PM
7th Gear

Jorel, is your audio still working without malfunction? I'm nearly 3 months into this nightmare and Acura still refuses to replace any of the hardware. They keep claiming it's software.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:15 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by kevmacman
Jorel, is your audio still working without malfunction? I'm nearly 3 months into this nightmare and Acura still refuses to replace any of the hardware. They keep claiming it's software.
My wife hasn't mentioned anything to me so I'm assuming everything is fine. Show your service rep This Thread and tell him that replacing Hardware so far has worked for other people
Old 03-29-2019, 07:36 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Most problems with the audio are when using Serius and Apple Car Play. I'm not using either until I'm comfortable the bugs have been fixed. Had my car for 7 months and absolutely problem free. I believe not using these is the reason why.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:37 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
They rely on feedback from their dealers to identify global problems.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:21 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I have found that things take time to boot up, and until they do, just let it alone. Also, I don’t use the steering wheel button to select sources, I use the center dash.

Few problems.

I have come to accept that the infotainment system is still a work in progress; it took a long time before Microsoft finally conquered the BSOD. I lived with that frustration because of everything else the computer could do. I view the infotainment system the same way. As a car, it is great, and the software seems to be slowly improving based on the latest update and learning how to deal with its quirks.

Toyota’s entune system was far worse. When I test drove a 2018 Camry, neither I nor the salesman could figure out how it works.

https://media.thinknum.com/articles/...rs-frustrated/

Last edited by Madd Dog; 03-29-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jorel Alfonso
My wife hasn't mentioned anything to me so I'm assuming everything is fine. Show your service rep This Thread and tell him that replacing Hardware so far has worked for other people
Hi @Jorel Alfonso - Just wondering if the replacing the hardware has still worked and your car is trouble free now with the no audio connection issue. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2019, 06:08 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by kevmacman
UPDATE: I went to a different dealer, and they identified the problem as the amplifier. They replaced that and it has now been working without error for 4 weeks.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Advanced

I had hardware replaced.
Did not fix.
Software is the issue.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
I got this error message once, turned off the car and came back a few hours later and it went away, I haven't had the issue since...
Old 09-30-2019, 11:39 AM
7th Gear

UPDATE: I am still having trouble with it going out. Sometimes for hours at a time.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
And you will continue to have issues.. Nothing new
Old 10-16-2019, 09:48 AM
1st Gear

Same problem

I got these problem on last Friday. When I drive with CarPlay. I heard a “beep”, then no more sound. I tried plug in and out. Not work. I give up. I thought that was a common problem like before. I thought it will be fine until I restart the car next time. But when I get off my car. I noticed the screen cannot shutoff. I checked on the setting. Finally find out a way to shut off the screen. Two hour after, I check on the car, I find out even I was turn-off the screen, the system still running. On the back of screen became very hot. I searched online, find out a way to reboot the system. Which someone mentioned on their review (the 3-keys). And i thought it solve the problem, because the screen can shut off now. But on another day, I find out I lost all the sound, can connect to my CarPlay, showing things without sound. So sad. I went to Acura, they help me make an appointment to look up. They told me it takes about 2hours to fix it. Hope it could done on that time frame. And, other thing they need to take care of my car is, there is a screw hanging on top of my dashboard.

Quick Reply: No audio connection