Newish RDX Advance

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020 | 11:06 AM
10th Gear

Newish RDX Advance

I have a new RDX advance, approx 5k miles since last November.

We had been fighting a communication issue with it, for some time. Basically the car would not talk to acura or the app. Which rendered the app useless. Also, it was not talking to them for maintenance items (oil lvl/life, since we are on the acura oil change plan). They managed to fix it after a week and a half of their electronics guy working with Acura engineers. Replaced a few parts, but the service ticket doesn't show of course (thanks dealer).

Most of my settings were changed back to factory default .. which is a horrible setup off the dealer floor. I had spent quiet a bit of time getting the car 'right' for how I want it. Now, I have to spend another hour sitting in it, going thru the settings.

Main question; is there a way to store the cars 'config file' for lack of better term? In case you need to reload your settings after a service? I don't particularly want to ever have to change them all again. With the advance, its setting up the HUD, Infotainment, Car locking setup, camera setups, etc. It gets to be time consuming.

Just a note, Acura tech support number and customer service are essentially like calling Kia for help .. It was one of the most excruciating things I've done. For example, the tech insisted my windows were not closed is why it wasn't starting, or talking. Never mind it was mid winter, and about -20f outside .....weeks between return calls, ticket kept getting a new 'rep' every time they called me back .. just garbage service for a spendy car.

My overall impression of the built in electronics is fairly satisfied. Short of all the setup .. it works fairly well. The navigation is garbage, but i expect that in basically all cars. Audio is great in the advanced (short of the piped in engine noise),

Anyways, back outside to re-program the car .. fun times .. fun times ..
Old 07-04-2020 | 12:34 PM
10th Gear

And now this?? Does anyone happen to know how to move the 'surround' camera over to the empty right side? Its also the same in reverse, it displays the reverse camera, with the surround sandwiched in the same area. Looks pretty horrible. It was not setup as such prior to above mentioned service, the 193 results in the owners manual for 'camera' yielded 0 answers :P

??
Old 07-05-2020 | 04:44 PM
Retired Geezer

The right side blue rectangle with the video camera icon in it is always there when you use the cameras. You can scroll through the cameras by repeatedly pressing the silver button at the end of the wiper stalk. You can also change the view by using the control pad and selecting from the views under the camera images. That’s all I’ve figured out so far.
Old 07-08-2020 | 09:58 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 4th Acura
The right side blue rectangle with the video camera icon in it is always there when you use the cameras. You can scroll through the cameras by repeatedly pressing the silver button at the end of the wiper stalk. You can also change the view by using the control pad and selecting from the views under the camera images. That’s all I’ve figured out so far.
When we brought it home from the dealer, the back up cam showed the surround view in the right small panel, and the large panel was the full rear view. Since I got it back, the right panel even in reverse has the "video icon".
Really strange and semi annoying. Everything fits 'right' and is easily viewable when it used both small and large areas.