NAV and Heads Up Display

Old 03-23-2019, 04:38 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NAV and Heads Up Display

Has anyone else had the issue where the NAV monitor shows the correct next turn but the HUD is the wrong street and direction? Distance is the same on both but all other is inaccurate. I have had this a least 6 times in the 2 months I have owned the car. Attached are examples.

Furather this NAV is just a piece of crap compared to my 13 CRV and 16 Pilot nevermind Google maps. The turn info is just junk compared to the others. I bought a more expensive Honda only to get inferior NAV. Can't use my phone yet without Android auto.

Love the car. Really disappointed with the tech.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:44 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Yes, I’ve had this happen a few times since the latest software update. It appears to only happen after a close series of turns.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:38 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
I get this weird thing also, but only some time. Both HUD and screen match on distance but the turn arrow may be opposite. The voice cues are correct also, its just the HUD that is off, but not always, just sometimes.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Cruisin'

I've had the same problem. Only noticed it since the last update. It's happening more frequently lately. I also noticed it did it twice for the same turn on a route I take frequently last week.The HUD is always the wrong turn.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:22 AM
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yep. Saw this behavior yesterday. Odd. Was a simple set of directions of fairly short distance.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
I typically use CarPlay, however, I tried the car's navigation to see the difference to CarPlay. I ran into the direction difference issue on the display vs HUD as well. My experience was as follows:

First direction arrow (A1) and street name (B1) showed and matched between the two screens
The second direction arrow (A2) and street name (B2) showed on the display HOWEVER the HUD displayed the first direction arrow (A1) but the the correct street name (B2)
The third direction arrow (A3) and street name (B3) showed on the display HOWEVER the HUD displayed the third direction arrow (A3) and maintained the street name (B2) from the previous direction
The fourth direction arrow (A4) and street name (B4) showed on the display and the HUD displayed the matching direction arrow (A4) and street name (B4)

The two displays seemed to match one another from there on. Definitely did not get the "pick of the litter" on programmers for the infotainment system.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Because the system is worthless... This is why when I purchased my vehicle last June I fell for the "Android Auto" will be out in a month or so line... I'm an idiot
Old 04-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
I opened a ticket on this HUD issue right after the latest update was released. I finally after about 2 months got a call back today from Acura Client Relations. After going over the issue, having him claim the HUD is supposed to show the turn AFTER the next (then why is it behind the nav directions?), the only suggestion he had was to do a factory reset. I haven't tried that yet, I hate to loose all my settings. Did anyone else try a factory reset?
Old 04-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
no I am afraid to do a factory reset for the same reasons you & many others are. my fear is that after all that effort of putting back the personal info, the system still will have the same quirks. Sounds like the person you spoke to does not know a thing about HUD or the fix. The pat answer from the script is always reset to factory.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Cruisin'

When using navigation today I again got conflicting turn info between the HUD and the NAV screen. The NAV screen was correct as were the voice instructions. The HUD was opposite. I also checked the MIS display and it was showing the wrong turn also. I wonder if anyone without the HUD has noticed a difference between the MIS display and the main NAV screen. I never put the MIS to show NAV directions so I would have never noticed it before. It does seem to be happening more frequently now.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:29 AM
Instructor

Lightbulb

What you described was the result of the last update (D.1.1.2) in mid-Feb. I had NO issues before that time. The main NAV screen & sound is always correct. Until the fix occurs (hopefully in the next update) try making it a routine of turning off the radio before shutting the car off then when you turn the car back on, wait a minute before turning the radio on. I read this post on the forum & for some reason it seem to help reduce the syncing issue of the HUD & MIS screen in front of the driver. Another thing I've tried is when I see the arrow is wrong, cancel destination & then restart it again from either favorite or recent. This also appears to reduce the syncing issue of the upcoming arrow pointing in the improper direction. (PS you will note that the distance is correct for both the HUD & MIS screens.)

Last edited by Mark S Long Island; 04-11-2019 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
This isn't a problem for those of you "patiently" waiting for AA, but switching between navigation apps in CarPlay can get the princess really upset. Her audio starts stuttering and she basically has a meltdown. It seems to take a complete power cycle to get her out of her snit. ( Nap time... )

I don't use the HUD, but I have kinda decided to use the "arrow" thingy on the main display as just a generic icon for "make a turn". Maybe because I "succeeded" in installing both short-lived map updates (?). She complains that my "maps are out-of-date" every time I set a destination.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Instructor

Lightbulb HUD Nav our of Sync

Yep last update brought us this issue where the HUD & in dash arrow at times points in the wrong direction. You will note the distance matches up with in dash. While driving the other day I came across another method of syncing up the display that I have not read about before. Next time it happens go the NAV screen pad & click on the direction arrow @ the top of the screen. You should immediately see the HUD sync properly. Then click on the back arrow so NAV goes back to where it was. So far, it’s worked every time & its simpler than cancelling the route & reentering which I was doing prior to coming across this. Hopefully in the next update that many were talking about for March will come shortly & fix the problem (while not adding any other anomalies)

The following 3 users liked this post by Mark S Long Island:
89kraus (05-10-2019), JB in AZ (05-10-2019), TheLevelOne (05-10-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2020 RDX and i have had this happen several times, which is not good considering I have less than 200 miles on the car. I am hoping they have a fix for it, I really like all the information the HUD provides so I do not have to look anywhere else.

I will probably call the dealer and maybe email the pic, really don't want to waste my time going when they really can't do anything.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Racer

This happens too frequently for my taste and really needs to be fixed
Old 06-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Same here, they said it would probably be out before I received the car. Didn't happen and has almost been a year now and they still give out the sam BS. They always blame it on Google, but Google didn't make me the promise, the damn car dealership did and the Acura Twitter still says coming soon. I will believe it when i see it. Will never purchase another Acura as long as I live.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:49 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Same problem as I have. Sometimes it just goes blank. Then the next time I start the car it is back up.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Royki5cp
Same here, they said it would probably be out before I received the car. Didn't happen and has almost been a year now and they still give out the sam BS. They always blame it on Google, but Google didn't make me the promise, the damn car dealership did and the Acura Twitter still says coming soon. I will believe it when i see it. Will never purchase another Acura as long as I live.
Same here.. Still contemplating taking a financial hit and buying something else
Old 06-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
Same here.. Still contemplating taking a financial hit and buying something else
I suggest hanging in a bit longer, there should be an update soon, and I would give that a chance.
The following 2 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
JB in AZ (06-03-2019), Stew4HD (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 09:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I suggest hanging in a bit longer, there should be an update soon, and I would give that a chance.
I am definitely hanging in there, but if there are some big sales to move inventory and good financial deals, I may pull the trigger if we have no Android Auto, Navigation updates and other fixes by then.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
Is there any indicator that there will be an update soon? If so, what is it?

Most have been hearing that since March... but I have not seen any evidence that an update is closer than it was 3 months ago.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Racer

Happens to me every day
Old 06-20-2019, 01:26 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Here is the latest I experienced on the HUD problem. I first reported it as yet another electronic malfunction in April at a dealership in FL. They confirmed the problem and created a “tech line” case. I was told there was presently no fix. Two weeks ago I dropped my car at my local dealer in NY and told them I didn’t want it back until it was fixed. They also opened a “tech line” case. After being told once again there was no fix I asked the dealer to replace the car. They said they could not (interpret that as would not) and that I should call the customer service line to see what Acura would do. Once again I called the 800 number and was assigned a case manager. After his “investigation” he called back with the recommendation that I wait for a software update. He had no idea when it would come and couldn’t guarantee it would fix the problem. He said Acura was unwilling to replace the vehicle or offer financial compensation. When I asked for him to put in writing that the vehicle could not be fixed and that Acura was unwilling to help he said “Acura never puts anything in writing”. I said that they had my recorded conversation as a record and I had nothing to which he just gave me a case number for future reference. This kind of customer “service” is why the latest consumer reports has Acura in first place for with LEAST ownership satisfaction. Keep accurate records and prepare for a lemon law claim as your only recourse.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazman
Here is the latest I experienced on the HUD problem. I first reported it as yet another electronic malfunction in April at a dealership in FL. They confirmed the problem and created a “tech line” case. I was told there was presently no fix. Two weeks ago I dropped my car at my local dealer in NY and told them I didn’t want it back until it was fixed. They also opened a “tech line” case. After being told once again there was no fix I asked the dealer to replace the car. They said they could not (interpret that as would not) and that I should call the customer service line to see what Acura would do. Once again I called the 800 number and was assigned a case manager. After his “investigation” he called back with the recommendation that I wait for a software update. He had no idea when it would come and couldn’t guarantee it would fix the problem. He said Acura was unwilling to replace the vehicle or offer financial compensation. When I asked for him to put in writing that the vehicle could not be fixed and that Acura was unwilling to help he said “Acura never puts anything in writing”. I said that they had my recorded conversation as a record and I had nothing to which he just gave me a case number for future reference. This kind of customer “service” is why the latest consumer reports has Acura in first place for with LEAST ownership satisfaction. Keep accurate records and prepare for a lemon law claim as your only recourse.
Sounds like you don't know how to use the car.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by DriverOne
Sounds like you don't know how to use the car.
Hmmm.... so which turn would you make?

Typical of conflicts.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazman
Hmmm.... so which turn would you make?
The car is politely trying to tell you to get out of it.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

While cancelling the route & restarting helps, next time use the NAV screen pad & click on the direction arrow @ the top of the screen. You should immediately see the HUD sync properly to the color screen. Then click on the back arrow so NAV goes back to where it was. I’ve been doing this for 2 months & it works every time. Its simpler than cancelling the route & reentering as well as less frustrating.

While the next OTA update might fix it, its been 5 months (mid-February) since the prior one that caused it, so I’m not holding my breath that a fix is right around the corner.