AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/)
-   -   infotainment problems seem to be resolved (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/infotainment-problems-seem-resolved-976258/)

decofred 01-09-2019 09:06 AM

infotainment problems seem to be resolved

After 32 days in the shop, my 2019 rdx was returned to me and it appears to be working properly at the current time. The infotainment screen was replaced and the software was reloaded and updated.

Sounds 01-09-2019 12:54 PM

32 days ???

Wander 01-09-2019 09:48 PM

Well, ya know, there were a couple holidays in there, and weekends and such. :rolleyes:

I want to hear more about the "working properly" part. Does this mean functioning as a sane person would expect it to function, or just functioning in a consistent manner and not blacking out completely? :tongue:

Boxer1200 01-11-2019 08:36 PM

I've had zero issues with the system for a while now. No issues since the the update for sure. My wife uses car play and occasionally has some odd stuff, but for me just using Android connected via Bluetooth I've had no issues.

Meto 01-14-2019 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer1200 (Post 16363850)
I've had zero issues with the system for a while now. No issues since the the update for sure. My wife uses car play and occasionally has some odd stuff, but for me just using Android connected via Bluetooth I've had no issues.

Do you use USB audio? If you did then you would see some massive issues

Cazman 01-14-2019 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meto (Post 16365136)
Do you use USB audio? If you did then you would see some massive issues

Yes, I use USB audio exclusively to play back my albums. I had to painfully rip them all to .mp3 files since the infotainment system will not play .m4a files as advertised in the owners manual.

So I guess when you say your problems have been resolved you do not use USB files for playback?

decofred 01-15-2019 11:52 AM

So in order to provide full disclosure and updated information, after my post yesterday regarding acuras attempt to have me sign a release in exchange for compensation for the time my car was in the shop....and my refusal to sign the release.....yes it was 32 business days..... acura has now resolved the matter with me by not requiring i sign a release in exchange for a visa gift card which is not a "cash settlement". I am satisfied with this settlement and just hope my car continues to function properly. As of know, the infotainment system is working properly........

decofred 01-15-2019 11:53 AM

yes the infotainment system is functioning as it should and by design. I have had no issues with it since the screen was replaced and the software was reloaded...or rebooted as they called it.

decofred 01-15-2019 11:54 AM

yes sir...it was 32 business days actually.....it was longer if you consider weekends and holidays.

Cazman 01-15-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by decofred (Post 16365755)
yes the infotainment system is functioning as it should and by design. I have had no issues with it since the screen was replaced and the software was reloaded...or rebooted as they called it.

Thank you for the update, it is encouraging to see you finally got satisfaction. May I ask if you are playing music files directly from a usb memory stick without issues?

decofred 01-15-2019 01:14 PM

no I have not done so at this point......just been using satellite radio, and have streamed music using bluetooth from my apple phone.