AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/)
-   -   Classic iPod (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-455/classic-ipod-978067/)

gbasile 03-19-2019 09:19 AM

Classic iPod

Has anyone had any luck getting an iPod to work via the data USB port? I have an iPod classic 80gb, which worked perfectly in my 2016 RDX just last month before I traded it in for the 2019.

I've tried different wires and get the same results, sometimes I will get the title and artwork to appear but it will not play, advance through tracks, list tracks...nada. The iPod shows 'Acura Display' on its display when plugged into the USB port as well.

Not for anything but next time I need to do a little more research, I rushed this time because I felt pressured by Acura to get into a new lease but I think I was happier in my 2016! Probably just me but it felt more solid/refined in some areas.

Don't get me wrong, I love Acura and have been driving one since 2004 but I'm a little disappointed in this particular vehicle for the jump in price.

Madd Dog 03-19-2019 11:30 AM

My iPod worked when I tried it, but it is an old iPod nano, not a classic.

I mostly just stream or listen to XM nowadays since I haven’t put any new music on the ipod in years. My gym has wifi so I stream there too, with bluetooth headphones.

Marino Moutafis 03-19-2019 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by gbasile (Post 16400171)
Has anyone had any luck getting an iPod to work via the data USB port? I have an iPod classic 80gb, which worked perfectly in my 2016 RDX just last month before I traded it in for the 2019.

I've tried different wires and get the same results, sometimes I will get the title and artwork to appear but it will not play, advance through tracks, list tracks...nada. The iPod shows 'Acura Display' on its display when plugged into the USB port as well.

Not for anything but next time I need to do a little more research, I rushed this time because I felt pressured by Acura to get into a new lease but I think I was happier in my 2016! Probably just me but it felt more solid/refined in some areas.

Don't get me wrong, I love Acura and have been driving one since 2004 but I'm a little disappointed in this particular vehicle for the jump in price.

curious, have you tried it in the CarPlay USB port or the general USB port?

I would assume the the CarPlay might be more ‘readable’ to the system.

Madd Dog 03-20-2019 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Marino Moutafis (Post 16400460)

curious, have you tried it in the CarPlay USB port or the general USB port?

I would assume the the CarPlay might be more ‘readable’ to the system.

The carplay port is the only port that connects to the system, the other port is for power only, so use the console port to connect.

For_fun206 03-20-2019 09:45 PM

Ipod

We have a 2yr old iPod Touch which works via the USB port in center console. It does take a while (30sec to a min.) sometimes for the album art to show up.

​​​​​​We've tried to get the album art to show up via Bluetooth. Even with the most updated Bluetooth version for the iPod Touch, but to no avail.

Rumor has it there may be a new iPod Touch coming out. No date yet that I know of.

gbasile 03-22-2019 11:10 AM

Yep, I only tried the USB port in the center console, the one under the console states it is only for charging so I didn't bother with even trying it.

Best guess is that my iPod is not compatible with this infotainment unit. Odd that a USB stick would work, but an iPod doesn't. Really disappointing as I store all of my CD's and downloaded music on that iPod.

Padre Dave 03-22-2019 11:54 AM

That does sound strange, as Apple has used different ways of interfacing with audio systems in cars. In my Mazdaspeed 3(a 2010) I finally discovered the solution that bugged me for years: When my iPhone was pairing with the Bluetooth system of the car, all was well. I used the headphone feature by plugging the other end of my phone into the headphone jack of the car. IT worked great, but then went off. I went through the process when I was stopped and discovered that the car was looking to broadcast my music through the Bluetooth connection. In fact, the Lightning cable into the earphone jack of the phone (or with the 8 and later, into the charging port of the phone, with an adaptor) produced much better quality sound.

So, when I discovered that the car was on Bluetooth I switched my hone back to “Headphones” and everything is great. That’s probably more than you wanted to know. I love Apple Car Play. So simple and user friendly (so far).

I pray this helps

gbasile 03-25-2019 08:27 AM

Sooo I tried another iPod I had (nano) and that did not work either when connected to the USB data port. What the heck. It just spins and says initializing. I also tried several different wires with this one as well and nothing. Kind of annoying that neither iPod works in the car. There has to be a solution...

bcwubby 11-09-2019 01:39 PM

So, with the new update (D.1.2.1), I tried plugging in my iPod Classic 160GB and lo and behold, it works! I have yet to try searching albums etc., but the fact that it recognizes and plays from the iPod is progress.

sedonazjeep 11-14-2019 01:14 PM

My 30g 5th generation IPOD works with the latest OTA Acura update. I engage the USB for audio and can control the IPOD via the infotainment interface. This did not work prior to the latest update.