Will your next car purchase be an Acura?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 09:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
I would think a Volvo forum would be a better place to ask, and to find if the brake issue has been resolved.
Madd Dog said that he is considering a T8. I am curious if he has taken one for a test drive yet. If yes, I am wondering if he noticed any issues with the brakes. If no, then I am making him aware of a potential issue to evaluate for himself.

I am a SwedeSpeed member and keep an eye on threads related to the hybrid and electric trims. I am also considering a T8 hybrid or fully electric model for my next vehicle.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowLane
Are you considering an XC60 T8? Have you test driven one yet? I heard there were some brake issues with early models of the XC60 T8. I was at the dealer with my previous XC60 T6 and a T8 owner was there complaining to the service manager about his brakes. I am curious if those issues have been fixed.
I was actually thinking the S60 to replace my wife’s 2014 Accord, which she does not want replaced. I like to keep my cars at least 8 years.

No, no test drives yet. There are just no T8s around, and I am not quite shopping yet.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 02-25-2021 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:21 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I was actually thinking the S60 to replace my wife’s 2014 Accord, which she does not want replaced. I like to keep my cars at least 8 years.

No, no test drives yet. There are just no T8s around, and I am not quite shopping yet.
I love my 2019 XC 60 T8..... I would love to go back to Acura as I love Honda Stuff, but they will need a battery option! I quite like the gas/battery combo......So hopefully Acura joins the game. if not, no Acura in my future
The following users liked this post:
Madd Dog (02-26-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 07:06 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by flames9
I love my 2019 XC 60 T8..... I would love to go back to Acura as I love Honda Stuff, but they will need a battery option! I quite like the gas/battery combo......So hopefully Acura joins the game. if not, no Acura in my future
There are just no XC60 or S60 T8s to be had around here.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by flames9
I might consider an XC60 T8 next time, but my situation will probably be like Madd Dog's. My local dealer rarely has an XC60 T8. No S60 T8's.

I hope Volvo eventually brings the XC40 hybrid to the USA and offers it with all-wheel drive. Currently, I think it is only available as front wheel drive in Europe.

I would consider an Acura RDX if they eventually offer it with a gas/battery combo.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:38 PM
Drifting

I wonder what impact the shortage of chips is having on T8 availability.

I also wonder what impact 5G might have.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:04 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Hybrids have just never excited me very much. Plug-ins do but I really need to learn more about them and, from what little I do know, they will have to improve along with the recharging infrastructure before I could consider one. My wife and I are currently a one car family and we might be for good.

How well does the AC work in the Summer and the heat in the Winter? How much does either affect range? How many years before the batteries start to degrade in vehicle range before they need to be replaced? How much will that cost to extend the life of the vehicle? Will a 300 mile car still meet my needs if it becomes a 200 mile car after 3 years?

I know someone who wanted to lease a Tesla and the monthly cost was prohibitive. The reason is the depreciation on them is significant. Nobody wants a 2 or 3 year-old plug-in. They can't sell them. They will probably have to sell them as "reconditioned" like they do with phones and other electronics.

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 02-25-2021 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,940 Likes on 14,056 Posts
Unless it's the NSX (which I can't afford)...probably not.
EFR (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 09:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 419 Likes on 317 Posts
Not sure. I want seats that are better than the RDX and also leaning towards electric.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:05 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by edu8rdo
I want it to be my next car, but unless Acura makes some huge leaps in 2 years - I can't imagine it being the case. Brands like the Genesis are doing Acura better than Acura - outputting desirable luxury vehicles at a price competitive to the luxury standards. Then, with every passing year - the common brands (Ford, Kia, Dodge, Hyundai) are adding features to their line up that make sitting in an Acura feel dated. (Setting aside the hilarity of the JD Power awards - the idea of "initial quality" and initial experience matter a lot. In one/two test drive(s), we're making a decision on something that we're engaging with for years.) I drive the RDX some times and I often wonder if the designers even test drove other cars in the segment. Like, did they get into an Q5 or an X3 then get into an RDX and think - "yeah, we cut corners in the right places to make this better". All that said, I did go with the RDX, but I was motivated by the value and (ironically) how weak of a presence it has. I'm a sucker for cars that look good, but don't tell you they look good. (The RDX doesn't even have an ADVANCE badge on their Advanced models - which, I hate and love at the same time, but there's no explanation to why. (Every other brand does it, even Honda!)

My feeling now is that if I'm still driving the RDX in 3 years, it's because I got a good deal on the lease buy out (which based on other threads here is between impossible and improbable). Given that the vehicle's interior looks dated now, I can only imagine how dated it'll look in 2023 - making it perfect as a daily driver.
Anyone know what this means? Lease buyout price is already in your contract. What am I missing here?
Old 02-26-2021, 12:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by D-RDX
Anyone know what this means? Lease buyout price is already in your contract. What am I missing here?
It can be negotiated to a lower price.
D-RDX (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 12:27 AM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
It can be negotiated to a lower price.
Really? I've been leasing for the good part of 20 years now and that the first I've ever heard of that. If that holds true it's good news, as I'd like to buy this car at the end.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by D-RDX
Really? I've been leasing for the good part of 20 years now and that the first I've ever heard of that. If that holds true it's good news, as I'd like to buy this car at the end.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lease+buyout+negotiable
Old 02-26-2021, 12:58 PM
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
At our ages, I'm not sure there'll be another car. We usually keep them 8 or 10 years and we'll be in our 80's by then. If so, it'll likely be an electric.

Then again, my mother is 93 and still driving (now, whether she should be is arguable...).
Old 02-26-2021, 09:59 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Just as an FYI, and since you got my interest up about Volvo (not a brand I think about very often) there are 3 or 4 T8's in Vegas, but all on the S60 and I think all AWD's..short drive from NY though! Actually you really did get my interest up about Volvo. I think we intend to buy new towards the end of this year and get rid of that dependable and pretty nice to drive 2003 Accord EX (with 71,000 miles on it after 18 years. Nice looking cars (the S60), but whether a car, vs SUV, is on my list I don't know fir sure. We don't drive much anymore...our 2019 RDX only has 6,700 miles on it, and about 1500 of that was Reno/Vegas trips. So after 2 1/2 years, a whopping 5200 miles of 'other' driving. I suffer form sever and frequent migraines and that keeps me pretty homebound,
Old 02-27-2021, 12:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,441 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
Just as an FYI, and since you got my interest up about Volvo (not a brand I think about very often) there are 3 or 4 T8's in Vegas, but all on the S60 and I think all AWD's...
All T8 models are e-AWD. The gas engine exclusively powers the front wheels, and the main electric motor exclusively powers the rear wheels.
Madd Dog (02-27-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 07:24 AM
Drifting

Thanks. I knew they were all AWD, but didn’t know how that workd.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
Hybrids have just never excited me very much. Plug-ins do but I really need to learn more about them and, from what little I do know, they will have to improve along with the recharging infrastructure before I could consider one. My wife and I are currently a one car family and we might be for good.

How well does the AC work in the Summer and the heat in the Winter? How much does either affect range? How many years before the batteries start to degrade in vehicle range before they need to be replaced? How much will that cost to extend the life of the vehicle? Will a 300 mile car still meet my needs if it becomes a 200 mile car after 3 years?

I know someone who wanted to lease a Tesla and the monthly cost was prohibitive. The reason is the depreciation on them is significant. Nobody wants a 2 or 3 year-old plug-in. They can't sell them. They will probably have to sell them as "reconditioned" like they do with phones and other electronics.
When you say plugin, are you referring to a plugin hybrid or a full EV? In either case, how much a battery degrades comes down to how well its charge states and thermals are managed. Very high and low charge states as well as temp extremes will both affect how long a battery pack lasts. For example, I own a Chevy Volt which is a plugin hybrid. It has a 12kw/h battery back but the car only has access to around 10kw/h. So it never goes below 20% or above 90%. It's also got its own cooling and heating system that keeps the battery in a certain temp range. As a result Volts have some of the best battery longevity around. There are examples with over 200k miles and minimal degradation. HVAC usage will of course use more juice, heat moreso since it uses a grid heater (can't use engine coolant for heat if the engine isn't running, unless it's running in hybrid mode). On the flip side, the Nissan Leaf has no active thermal management (unless that's changed recently), so they do suffer from battery degredation. I've seen numbers as much at 30% after a couple of years of ownership.

As far as the charging network goes, I agree that outside of the Tesla Supercharger network, it still has a ways to go before you can reliably take an EV on frequent long trips. Until that happens, I'll stick with my plan of having one nice gas powered car for road trips (such as the wife's RDX), and one plugin or EV for getting to work and around town trips to save on the gas bill a bit.

One more thing, if you want to learn more about a particular EV, check out Bjorn Nyland on youtube. He's a huge EV fanatic and has tested probably every EV and Plugin hybrid out there. His videos are long, but he does a ton of testing about real world usage.
NooYawkuh (02-28-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 10:02 AM
Drifting

There are two different kinds of plug-ins, and here is my take:

A plug in hybrid, like a volvo T8, can get ~20 miles on the plugged-in juice only. Enough pure electric for local errands for me. Past that, the gas engine kicks in and it acts like a regular hybrid. No range anxiety, and get juice where you can. More charging stations spring up all the time.

A pure electic EV. For me, now, that would only be a Tesla. Any long trip I might take would be mostly on interstates, and there are super chargers all over. I would also stay at a hotel with a destination charger, so I am not really concerned with having a long range Tesla.

There is a bill out there that would make more permanent the EV tax credit and increase charging infrastructure. If they pass it, I will likely buy an EV of some sort sooner rather than later. https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/26...-irresistible/.
Senator Jeff Merkely of Oregon has introduced a bill co-sponsored by Bernie Sanders, Corey Booker, Jacky Rosen, Dave Schatz, and Patrick Leahy that would amend the existing federal EV tax credit in important ways. Entitled the Electric Credit Access Ready at Sale Act of 2021. According to KTVZ Channel 21 News in Oregon, the legislation would:
  • Eliminate the per manufacturer cap and allow consumers access to the tax credit for the next 10 years, regardless of the manufacturer from which they purchase their car.
  • Allow buyers to use the tax credit over a 5 year period or apply the credit on the spot at the dealership to reduce the price of the vehicle, making the credit more applicable to those without large tax liability.
  • Providing a 10 year extension of tax credits for alternative fuel vehicles and charging infrastructure to incentivize the buildout of this important infrastructure around the country.
My garage at my condo would only support a slow, level 1 charger. But I can deal with that. There is a Tesla charger park about a half mile from my house.

Too, if this goes through, my Tesla stock should kick up enough for me to sell it and get a Tesla for “free”.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 02-27-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:35 PM
Safety Car

I don’t think anyone refers to a full electric vehicle as a plug-in, since having to plug it in is implied. I’ve only ever heard it used to distinguish between regular hybrids and plug-in hybrids (PHEVs)
The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
JB in AZ (02-27-2021), Tom_D (02-28-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 04:00 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
I don’t think anyone refers to a full electric vehicle as a plug-in, since having to plug it in is implied. I’ve only ever heard it used to distinguish between regular hybrids and plug-in hybrids (PHEVs)
Additionally, full electric vehicles are referred to as BEVs. Battery Electric Vehicles
Jim7707 (02-27-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 08:08 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
I’ll be taking a look at the 2022 MDX Type S when it’s out. If I like what I see and it isn’t priced to high then I’ll likely buy it.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:44 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
I’ll be taking a look at the 2022 MDX Type S when it’s out. If I like what I see and it isn’t priced to high then I’ll likely buy it.
Of course, "too high" is a relative term.
Vince D (02-27-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 07:46 AM
Skeptic

Originally Posted by fiatlux
When I say or hear the tem "plug-in", to me it means electric plug-in only. No gas engine. To me, hybrid or plug-in hybrid means any EV that has a gas engine. Any combination of charging off the engine, plugging it in, driving off the gas engine or the electric motor(s). As I understand, most DON'T allow you to drive directly off the torque of the gas engine. Adds complexity, cost and weight.

Terminology and the terms people use can be funny. I still don't get the difference between "sun roof" and "moon roof". To me, a sun roof is glass and a moon roof is just a piece of body panel on the roof you ban open. But people use the terms interchangeably.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:54 AM
Intermediate

Well, your description at least with a hybrid is a bit backwards. They are not EV's with a gas engine. They are ICE vehicles with a small battery pack that assists the engine so it doesn't work as much and therefore conserves gas. PHEV's are in kind of a grey area since the setup will depend on the manufacturer. Some are set up to run as a traditional hybrid once the battery is depleted, while others mainly use the ICE engine as a generator to maintain the minimal state of charge while the electric motor continues to power the wheels. However, just about every plugin I know of does allow engine torque to be sent through the wheels to assist if needed.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:19 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by wilee81
Well, your description at least with a hybrid is a bit backwards. They are not EV's with a gas engine. They are ICE vehicles with a small battery pack that assists the engine so it doesn't work as much and therefore conserves gas. PHEV's are in kind of a grey area since the setup will depend on the manufacturer. Some are set up to run as a traditional hybrid once the battery is depleted, while others mainly use the ICE engine as a generator to maintain the minimal state of charge while the electric motor continues to power the wheels. However, just about every plugin I know of does allow engine torque to be sent through the wheels to assist if needed.
I agree with most of this. My understanding of the Chevy Volt, the ICE never moves the vehicle. I could be wrong.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:55 AM
Safety Car

I agree with most of this. My understanding of the Chevy Volt, the ICE never moves the vehicle. I could be wrong.
Correct, the Volt is more of the exception than the rule in that the gas engine is strictly a generator.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:20 PM
Intermediate

The ICE does have the option to power the wheels, although it is kind of a last resort for when the battery charge is too low for the electric motor alone to meet the demand, such as hard acceleration or extended inclines while in hybrid mode.
JB in AZ (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 02:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wilee81
The ICE does have the option to power the wheels, although it is kind of a last resort for when the battery charge is too low for the electric motor alone to meet the demand, such as hard acceleration or extended inclines while in hybrid mode.
Oh interesting, learned something new today: https://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/11/gm-yes-the-volts-gas-engine-can-power-the-wheels
JB in AZ (02-28-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 09:24 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Is buying Honda still consider Acura? if it is then Yes. Maybe Toyota
Old 03-02-2021, 09:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Just test drove a Model Y yesterday. The experience was so good (albeit far from perfect with the mirror/glass roof/minor whistling on highway), that I'm still thinking about it. The car handles like it's on rails.
Jim7707 (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 08:26 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by anoop
Just test drove a Model Y yesterday. The experience was so good (albeit far from perfect with the mirror/glass roof/minor whistling on highway), that I'm still thinking about it. The car handles like it's on rails.
I think there is a bill that will reinstate the tax rebate for all electric cars. That might be about $7.5K.

WASHINGTON (KTVZ) – Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR) and Rep. Peter Welch (D-VT) teamed up Tuesday to introduce the Electric Cars Act, bicameral legislation they said would address America’s addiction to dangerous fossil fuels by fully extending the electric vehicle tax credit for 10 years and helping to deploy critical charging infrastructure.

Currently, a federal tax credit of up to $7,500 is available for the purchase of electric vehicles—with federal statute capping the number of eligible vehicles at 200,000 per manufacturer. Several domestic manufactures have already hit the manufacturing cap and consumers seeking to buy those vehicles will no longer receive tax credits. As a result, the law currently creates incentives for electric car buyers to purchase imported vehicles rather than American-made ones.
The following 2 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
anoop (03-03-2021), Jim7707 (03-03-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 08:07 PM
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Hate everything about driver assist, & infotainment.

2019 RDX

I'm very satisfied with the performance & handling of the vehicle. The sound system sounds great. The vehicle is satisfying to look at.

I hate absolutely everything related to the infotainment system and driver assist. The user experience was so infuriatingly irritating, that for the first year that I owned the car, I told everyone I know, and any stranger that walked up and said "Hey nice car, how do you like it", that I did NOT like the car, & wasn't sure that I would keep it.

I can't afford to flip cars, so I've learned to live with the vehicle, even though it still annoys me, every time I drive it.

I figured out that I was suffering from sensory deprivation, and the complete lack of audible feed back from the vehicle, so I got a Rahal performance exhaust system for it. I then discovered that the noise canceling module in the vehicle was interacting with the cabin interior exhaust sound in a truly bizarre way, so I disconnected it. What a difference. I can now drive the vehicle in manual shift mode by ear, bathed in delicious, & appropriate auditory feedback. I can tell how the engine is loaded, and shift to eliminate lugging and lag, when I want to accelerate. It's great.

The driver assist garbage is now my life's mission to disable.

The radar cruise control is dangerous in multi-lane traffic. It's almost caused me to be in an accident a couple of times, before I figured out what was going on. Ironically, the only time I'll use it is when there are few cars around me, or when I'm travelling on 2 lane roads. Even then I often prefer the dumb "speed-control-only" version of the cruise control.

The collision avoidance system is even more dangerous than the cruise control. It will help prevent you from running into someone, but on anything but the least sensitive setting, when in traffic, I feel it is very likely to help cause someone to run into you, when it slams on the brakes unexpectedly.

I resent the fact that I have to completely reset the vehicle into a drivable configuration, every time I start the car. I live in a cold climate. I'm used to the cold. I dress for it. I enjoy driving in the snow. I've done it all my life. I look forward to sliding around, & controlling the car with the steering & the throttle.

This is my cold weather routine, every time I start the car:
Push the brake & the the start button.
Push the passenger heated seat button 3 times to turn it off. I'm protective of my battery in cold weather.
Push the drivers heated seat button 2 times to set it too low, otherwise I'm sweating in 5 minutes.
Disable the engine idle shutdown. I'll decide when the engine stops in cold weather.
Disable the stability control, so it isn't fighting my car control instincts when I'm sliding, and so it's not using up my brake pads while it's fighting my steering and throttle inputs.
Set the driving mode to Sport+, so the steering has some feel to it, and so the gas pedal at least feels like it's connected to the throttle.
Click the thumb wheel once, to let it know I want to change the display, and a couple more times to select tire the pressure display.
Put my foot on the brake and press the drive button twice, to select the sport shift mode of the previously selected Sport+ drive mode.
Click the down shift paddle once to select the manual shift mode of the sport shift mode.
Aaaaaaaand, I'm off, for fucks sake.

It's totally fucking ridiculous that I have to do this, every time I start the car, just so I can enjoy driving it.

And that's why this vehicle irritates me, every single time I drive it.

I live for the day when someone figures out how the hack the car's firmware, so it remembers how I want things set, when I drive it.

Last edited by Chezer59; 03-05-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:46 PM
Skeptic

So, shall we pencil you in for a "maybe"?
The following 4 users liked this post by NooYawkuh:
amcobra (03-06-2021), ELIN (03-06-2021), RDXinNETX (03-06-2021), Vince D (03-05-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 10:19 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Chezer59
2019 RDX

I'm very satisfied with the performance & handling of the vehicle. The sound system sounds great. The vehicle is satisfying to look at.

I hate absolutely everything related to the infotainment system and driver assist. The user experience was so infuriatingly irritating, that for the first year that I owned the car, I told everyone I know, and any stranger that walked up and said "Hey nice car, how do you like it", that I did NOT like the car, & wasn't sure that I would keep it.

I can't afford to flip cars, so I've learned to live with the vehicle, even though it still annoys me, every time I drive it.

I figured out that I was suffering from sensory deprivation, and the complete lack of audible feed back from the vehicle, so I got a Rahal performance exhaust system for it. I then discovered that the noise canceling module in the vehicle was interacting with the cabin interior exhaust sound in a truly bizarre way, so I disconnected it. What a difference. I can now drive the vehicle in manual shift mode by ear, bathed in delicious, & appropriate auditory feedback. I can tell how the engine is loaded, and shift to eliminate lugging and lag, when I want to accelerate. It's great.

The driver assist garbage is now my life's mission to disable.

The radar cruise control is dangerous in multi-lane traffic. It's almost caused me to be in an accident a couple of times, before I figured out what was going on. Ironically, the only time I'll use it is when there are few cars around me, or when I'm travelling on 2 lane roads. Even then I often prefer the dumb "speed-control-only" version of the cruise control.

The collision avoidance system is even more dangerous than the cruise control. It will help prevent you from running into someone, but on anything but the least sensitive setting, when in traffic, I feel it is very likely to help cause someone to run into you, when it slams on the brakes unexpectedly.

I resent the fact that I have to completely reset the vehicle into a drivable configuration, every time I start the car. I live in a cold climate. I'm used to the cold. I dress for it. I enjoy driving in the snow. I've done it all my life. I look forward to sliding around, & controlling the car with the steering & the throttle.

This is my cold weather routine, every time I start the car:
Push the brake & the the start button.
Push the passenger heated seat button 3 times to turn it off. I'm protective of my battery in cold weather.
Push the drivers heated seat button 2 times to set it too low, otherwise I'm sweating in 5 minutes.
Disable the engine idle shutdown. I'll decide when the engine stops in cold weather.
Disable the stability control, so it isn't fighting my car control instincts when I'm sliding, and so it's not using up my brake pads while it's fighting my steering and throttle inputs.
Set the driving mode to Sport+, so the steering has some feel to it, and so the gas pedal at least feels like it's connected to the throttle.
Click the thumb wheel once, to let it know I want to change the display, and a couple more times to select tire the pressure display.
Put my foot on the brake and press the drive button twice, to select the sport shift mode of the previously selected Sport+ drive mode.
Click the down shift paddle once to select the manual shift mode of the sport shift mode.
Aaaaaaaand, I'm off, for fucks sake.

It's totally fucking ridiculous that I have to do this, every time I start the car, just so I can enjoy driving it.

And that's why this vehicle irritates me, every single time I drive it.

I live for the day when someone figures out how the hack the car's firmware, so it remembers how I want things set, when I drive it.
Thank you for reminding me what a "RANT" is. I can only suggest that the next time you invest so much money in a vehicle you might consider spending more time in the test drive portion of the buying experience. This is truly NOT the car for you. Don't blame Acura, many have them and love them. I know after two years with my RDX I find it to be a great value in a car and one that suits me well. But then I am a automotive professional and have driven thousands of vehicles during a 40+ year career. I know what I like and what I don't. I understand systems and how to make them work for me, not against me. But I also know when to draw a line while test driving a new vehicle. For years I got free new cars (and even gas!) but since I retired I have to buy my own vehicles and am careful about how I spend my money. I tried a lot of vehicles before getting an RDX so I was well aware of what I wanted in a car. No vehicle ever made is perfect nor is any one vehicle "right" for everyone.

I see you have one post on this forum. It would appear you are one of those people who want to rant and vent your frustration. I would advise you but one thought....next time you buy a vehicle give it a bit more thought. I mean really; why did you buy a car you hated so much?
The following 4 users liked this post by hans471:
amcobra (03-06-2021), ELIN (03-06-2021), MT-RDX (03-06-2021), NooYawkuh (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 10:20 PM
RDX ILX TSX

Received 151 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
So, shall we pencil you in for a "maybe"?
NooYawkuh for the win.

Last edited by Vince D; 03-05-2021 at 10:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vince D:
flames9 (03-06-2021), NooYawkuh (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 07:20 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 97 Posts
I am surprised at how many NOs...and probably nots. I think it is a very good vehicle. Great value, offers a lot for the price and besides, it handles great and has a great sound system.
Agreed. So many of the complaints in this thread would apply to any modern car.

This is my first Acura and while many of the ways they cut corners on quality (paint, fit, etc.) are annoying, it’s still hands down the best 2-row crossover out there under $40k (negotiated) in terms of looks, size, features, and fun. And it’s not even close.

Would I get another Acura? Dunno. Too much depends on where the car industry goes in the next 10 years. Acura doesn’t seem to be embracing electrification as much as the others, so who knows what they’ll be offering in 2031.

Last edited by jmhumr; 03-06-2021 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:31 AM
Drifting

Received 1,272 Likes on 926 Posts
Originally Posted by Chezer59
I think I can help you with this one. If you don't want your seat to be heated/ventilated automatically, hit the "AUTO" button until it turns off. Apparently some models have GPS Climate Control that will automatically control the heating/cooling of the seat. Turn "AUTO" back on when your car is good and ready!

Originally Posted by Funz51
The press kit says this below.... I have no idea how to test it...

With its position-sensing ability, the GPS navigation system (RDX with Technology Package and
higher) contributes to overall passenger comfort with a 3D solar sensing feature. Based on
continuously updated vehicle position information, the navigation system determines the
position of the sun relative to the driver and front passenger. Combining this information with
input from a solar sensor located on top of the instrument panel, the climate control system
automatically adjusts cooling/heating and airflow from side to side as needed to compensate
for asymmetrical solar heating. On the A-Spec and Advance Packages, the heated and
ventilated front seats are electronically linked to the climate control system, expediting the
transition to the desired temperature.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Drifting

Look for a stick shift car.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Had a 2013 FWD RDX w/ tech from 2013-15, enjoyed it & now ending a Ridgeline lease the end of Aug. Looking @ another FWD adv. RDX w/ the biggest issue being take a 2021 or wait to see the minor changes the 2022's will have.

Quick Reply: Will your next car purchase be an Acura?