AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Traded new 19' RDX ASpec (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/traded-new-19-rdx-aspec-977510/)

Damion Goodrich 02-26-2019 07:10 PM

Traded new 19' RDX ASpec

After having my 19' RDX Aspec SHAWD for 3 months, I had enough of it. I traded it off and it can be someone else's problem now.
From the horrible paint quality, to the infotainment nightmare. To the cylinder misfire to the front suspension squeaking. I hated that vehicle. There is no way Acura should be selling a $48k vehicle with such poor build quality.
Peace out Acura. Never again.

JB in AZ 02-26-2019 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Damion Goodrich (Post 16389673)
After having my 19' RDX Aspec SHAWD for 3 months, I had enough of it. I traded it off and it can be someone else's problem now.
From the horrible paint quality, to the infotainment nightmare. To the cylinder misfire to the front suspension squeaking. I hated that vehicle. There is no way Acura should be selling a $48k vehicle with such poor build quality.

Sorry to hear it, but glad that you may now have peace of mind. What did you replace it with?

Wander 02-26-2019 08:19 PM

My next car will be a horse. Gotta put up with lots of crap either way.

acuraada 02-26-2019 08:33 PM

wow, another one bites the dust....

Dereileak 02-26-2019 10:23 PM

What did you get for trade in $$$$

MrJames 02-26-2019 10:55 PM

What did you trade in for?

Njbrandon 02-27-2019 11:09 AM

I was thinking of trading my A Spec for an F Pace. 5 year warranty and free maintanence, 0% financing, and they are selling around 10k off sticker. Would almost be an even swap depending on my trade value. I don't think it could have more problems than I've dealt with .

zroger73 02-27-2019 11:40 AM

That's four of us so far that have jumped ship after about three months.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-...my-rdx-977508/
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...sh-awd-976122/
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...-value-975982/

acuraada 02-27-2019 12:17 PM

I am waiting for the usual suspect to post something like the following:

"That's 4 out of what? 60k RDX sold? A lot of problem free RDX out there, they don't post about it. although I really own one...blah blah blah"

​​​​​
​​​

RDX10 02-27-2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Njbrandon (Post 16390011)
I was thinking of trading my A Spec for an F Pace. 5 year warranty and free maintanence, 0% financing, and they are selling around 10k off sticker. Would almost be an even swap depending on my trade value. I don't think it could have more problems than I've dealt with .

That F-Pace is sooooooooooooo sexy. Absolutely makes me turn my head everytime it drives by and that 3.0T is something else! If you do go for it, please give us pics!!!

Originally Posted by acuraada (Post 16390057)
I am waiting for the usual suspect to post something like the following:

"That's 4 out of what? 60k RDX sold? A lot of problem free RDX out there, they don't post about it. although I really own one...blah blah blah"
​​​

I know EXACTLY who you're talking about lmao.

anoop 02-28-2019 01:09 AM

@Damion Goodrich Sad to hear what you went through. Did you contact Acura customer service? If so, what was their response? I think you got a lemon.

Catman70 02-28-2019 06:15 AM

I was shopping around last month (XT4, Q5, etc..) and then the new update came out. Since the update my infotainment has been much stabler for my uses. I’m beginning to like my car again. I’m glad I haven’t had any of the mechanical or cosmetic problems I’ve seen with others here. Although I still feel there is a lot to be desired with the electronics, I will probably hold on to the car a little longer. After 4 Acuras though, I won’t be buying another one. For a company to put out a car knowing the amount of problems with it, I will take my business elsewhere next time.

jesser916 02-28-2019 11:07 AM

how much did you get for the trade-in?

JB in AZ 02-28-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jesser916 (Post 16390699)
how much did you get for the trade-in?

Based on the OP's often stated dislike for his RDX and his dealer, I suspect we will not hear from him again. I could be wrong.

JAB00 02-28-2019 01:33 PM

The infotainment system is definitely very glitchy. I had it freeze last week. It was inoperable but wouldn't turn off despite the car being shut off. I had to disconnect the negative cable from the battery to restart. This happened even after the new software update. Other than that I am relatively happy with the car so far (2109 A-Spec). Time will tell if there will be more problems.

R J Poseidon 6 02-28-2019 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16390703)
...I suspect we will not hear from him again. I could be wrong.

Man I hope he comes back. He wouldn't be the 1st to sell a vehicle and stay for the banter.
We are all car peeps and wanna hear about what he's driving now etc...

Plus, he participates in the F1 thread and we can always use more amigos in there to talk smack about :drag:

stephensils 03-08-2019 12:15 PM

What paint problems did you have? I'm about to fall off the Acura wagon as well. My 09 TSX had NO problems at all, mind you, it was made in Japan. Seems that the Japan made vehicles have been the better made Acura's.

Stew4HD 03-08-2019 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by stephensils (Post 16395054)
What paint problems did you have? I'm about to fall off the Acura wagon as well. My 09 TSX had NO problems at all, mind you, it was made in Japan. Seems that the Japan made vehicles have been the better made Acura's.

The '08 TL I had was issue free, the '12 TL I had was virtually issue free, the '15 TLX I had had transmission issues, this RDX has had some minor bugs that have mostly been addressed.. nothing mechanical or exterior. .. my 2 cents

Dereileak 03-08-2019 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by stephensils (Post 16395054)

I see a lot of orange peel on my aspec, all over, it’s still a beautiful car but still noticeable

zroger73 03-08-2019 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dereileak (Post 16395177)

I see a lot of orange peel on my aspec, all over, it’s still a beautiful car but still noticeable

I never even knew what orange peel was until my insurance company pointed it out during a hail damage claim inspection on a 1999 model car I had about 15 years ago.

It's one of those things that once you become aware of, you can't unsee it.

Of the 16 various makes and models of vehicles I've owned since then (mostly Hondas), they've all had some degree of orange peel. Surprisingly, one of the smoothest factory paint jobs I've seen was on a two year-old Ford Fiesta that I inherited last year. Most of its paint was smooth as a mirror - I was quite surprised.

I had a door repainted on a Civic Si last year. The work was obvious in reflections because the body shop's paint job was much smoother than the factory finish. :(

MI-RDX 03-08-2019 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by zroger73 (Post 16395184)
I had a door repainted on a Civic Si last year. The work was obvious in reflections because the body shop's paint job was much smoother than the factory finish. :(

Once upon a time long, long ago (but not in a galaxy far, far away) I had a '70 Chevelle Malibu partially repainted. Shop asked me if I wanted them to match the factory orange peel because they normally do a better job and didn't want the car to look strange because of it.

RDX10 03-08-2019 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dereileak (Post 16395177)

Lol the first time I seen orange peel (on a 2005 Chevy Equinox) I thought it was so cool until I realized what it actually was hahah.

In terms of the RDX, I seen a couple reviews where there was horrendous orange peel on the rear hatch near the license plate. It was really really bad.

SH4RKT00TH 03-12-2019 04:00 PM

no orange peel (on metallic paint)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...f1e71ef93f.jpg
no orange peel here.... love GunMetal in the full sun but it's kind of dark any other time.