Sporadic electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts
Sporadic electrical issues

This will no doubt elicit some schadenfreude from those waiting on the sidelines for the first model-year issues to be ironed out, but on two separate occasions recently I've observed minor electrical issues.

First time (about a week ago), the HUD failed to display.

Second time (yesterday), some of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel--including the volume switch and the rotary knob next to it--failed to do anything. (Thank goodness there's a redundant volume knob.)

On both occasions, the problems went away after switching the car off and then back on again, but it was still unnerving for such a new car (and an Acura, at that).

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed any similar issues? I'll keep an eye on it...
Old 06-25-2018, 06:08 AM
Drifting

Received 587 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by NightWriter
This will no doubt elicit some schadenfreude from those waiting on the sidelines for the first model-year issues to be ironed out, but on two separate occasions recently I've observed minor electrical issues.

First time (about a week ago), the HUD failed to display.

Second time (yesterday), some of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel--including the volume switch and the rotary knob next to it--failed to do anything. (Thank goodness there's a redundant volume knob.)

On both occasions, the problems went away after switching the car off and then back on again, but it was still unnerving for such a new car (and an Acura, at that).

I'm curious if anyone else has noticed any similar issues? I'll keep an eye on it...
I haven't experienced anything like the control dial failure.

I have noticed that the MID doesn't retain the last display setting ( compass, trip computer, SH-AWD display, etc. ); it seems to select one at random upon restart. And there is some weirdness with the secondary part of my infotainment display that is so random I can't even characterize it.

There is a "blank" setting for the HUD, and those settings are selected with the left steering wheel control dial. So this may isolate both of your issues to the left dial.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I haven't seen anything like that yet but I am still in the early stages of the romance and learning how to use things.

I, too, noticed that the MID reverts back to trip display even if I had it on compass when I shut it off.

Nightwriter, keep us posted on the intermittent issues you are having
Old 06-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
I’ve encountered the same issue with the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel not working. Eventually I noticed the MID said system failure. It only happened to me once so far, hopefully Acura will push out updates in the future that will fix these small issues.