RDX OEM Cargo Protector Removable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 09:44 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX OEM Cargo Protector Removable?

Hey all!
I'm planning to get a cargo mat and the OEM Cargo Protector for my recently purchased 2021 RDX.

Anyone know if the Cargo Protector (for the 2nd row seat back & wheel well humps that must be "installed") can be easily removed to be occasionally cleaned?

Or are these protective pieces essentially permanent once they've been installed?

Also... if anyone has non OEM suggestions that cover the seat backs, I'd love to hear. Gonna need to carry around a muddy Mtn bike, and a hairy dog often, so I'd like to try to keep the cargo area relatively clean...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
Old 09-20-2024, 10:29 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Vea - I'm a cyclist too and got the cargo protector and mat. The pieces are attached by what are, in effect, giant snaps. While pulling out my bike, one of the side humps got attached to my bike seat and partially pulled off. I was cursing until I discovered it just snapped back on. I see this is an old thread, but in case you still had the question that's what I've found out.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:56 AM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Vea Hickle
Hey all!
I'm planning to get a cargo mat and the OEM Cargo Protector for my recently purchased 2021 RDX.

Anyone know if the Cargo Protector (for the 2nd row seat back & wheel well humps that must be "installed") can be easily removed to be occasionally cleaned?

Or are these protective pieces essentially permanent once they've been installed?

Also... if anyone has non OEM suggestions that cover the seat backs, I'd love to hear. Gonna need to carry around a muddy Mtn bike, and a hairy dog often, so I'd like to try to keep the cargo area relatively clean...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!
I would not consider them easily removable. The installation instructions are at https://acura.bernardiparts.com/Imag...II14291-32.pdf and as you can see installing them could be a challenge depending on skill level. Note as well some special tools may be needed and on page 3 it is stated "These procedures should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers.”

An alternative might be at
Cargo liner Cargo liner
but note it is supposedly leather so this isn't something you would hose down.

Last edited by John from PA; 09-20-2024 at 11:04 AM.