AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Production 2019 RDX spotted (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/production-2019-rdx-spotted-967477/)

theredia92 02-26-2018 10:33 AM

Production 2019 RDX spotted

https://www.motor1.com/news/234214/2019-acura-rdx-spy-photos/

Tony Pac 02-26-2018 11:01 AM

Looks pretty much the same (Thank God).

I can't wait to see the new RDX and test drive it :)

SK1124 02-26-2018 11:20 AM

Awesome! thanks for posting!

Looks great. I definitely want it in black if I choose to go with the RDX.

On an overall note, happy to see it looks like they really didn't change anything on the exterior!

Tony Pac 02-26-2018 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by SK1124 (Post 16191782)
Awesome! thanks for posting!

Looks great. I definitely want it in black if I choose to go with the RDX.

On an overall note, happy to see it looks like they really didn't change anything on the exterior!

I highly doubt if the exterior will change much. The interior seemed pretty production ready as well but will wait until we see the prod version. RDX is going to be huge :)
Can't wait for the entire lineup to take the same path.

206er 02-26-2018 01:39 PM

hmmm... looks a little long in those pics, which for us with a small garage is not a good thing... wish I could see it next to a CR-V or something for comparison.

RDX10 02-26-2018 01:59 PM

I was pretty certain that the RDX prototype was the production model. I find it funny that they used that tape to try and cover it (almost like the guy who was supposed to wrap it got lazy lol). It’s also nice to see it in a more real color vs the prototype red color. Right now it’s just a question of performance, features, and cost.

cheffip 02-26-2018 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 16191911)
I was pretty certain that the RDX prototype was the production model. I find it funny that they used that tape to try and cover it (almost like the guy who was supposed to wrap it got lazy lol). It’s also nice to see it in a more real color vs the prototype red color. Right now it’s just a question of performance, features, and cost.

And size! Like 206er I am a little garage-challenged so hope it hasn't grown much. I still have my Gen 1 RDX which I think is the perfect size, but I know it's not going to shrink back to that length.

ostrich 02-26-2018 11:20 PM

I am not quite feeling these rims - they are just a bit too plain looking, esp. after seeing those ones on the Prototype!

It also looked much better with those chrome trims around the car - I guess this one has all of the chrome bits blackened out for the test drive - I surely hope that this is just in disguise without the chrome trim, because the all-black look is not a good look for this car.

RDX10 02-27-2018 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by cheffip (Post 16192067)
And size! Like 206er I am a little garage-challenged so hope it hasn't grown much. I still have my Gen 1 RDX which I think is the perfect size, but I know it's not going to shrink back to that length.

I agree, I loved the size of the 1G RDX (it was perfect to me) and I dislike how much larger it got for the 2G and if they go even larger for 3G it would be getting a bit ridiculous. The 2G CX-5 actually got smaller and the 3G equinox also got smaller than the 1G...so thankfully not everyone is going supersize.

Originally Posted by ostrich (Post 16192383)
I am not quite feeling these rims - they are just a bit too plain looking, esp. after seeing those ones on the Prototype!

It also looked much better with those chrome trims around the car - I guess this one has all of the chrome bits blackened out for the test drive - I surely hope that this is just in disguise without the chrome trim, because the all-black look is not a good look for this car.

I have seen those wheels on a different Acura car, I can’t quite remember which car. I think it was the TLX concept or prototype or even optional accessory wheels. So don’t worry too much about them, I don’t think they are staying.

TSX69 02-27-2018 06:25 AM

AutoGuide

Production 2019 Acura RDX Steps Out for the Camera » AutoGuide.com News

Production 2019 Acura RDX Steps Out for the Camera

The production version of the 2019 Acura RDX has been caught testing on public roads.

The 2019 RDX, which made its official debut earlier this year at the 2018 Detroit auto show, features a 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine paired with a standard 10-speed automatic transmission. Acura’s torque-vectoring Super-Handling All-Wheel-Drive system is also present, and will be joined by optional adaptive dampers. Power output and fuel economy figures have yet to be announced for the powertrain, but it promises to be more robust and kinder to the environment than Acura’s 279 hp 3.5-liter V6.

SEE ALSO: Overhauled 2019 Acura RDX Crossover Debuts

For 2019, the RDX has grown 1.2-inches in width and 2.5-inches in length, creating more space for passengers and more cargo volume. Despite the growth, the new RDX will weigh less than the outgoing model – all thanks to a new Acura-exclusive architecture. The interior, which has seating for 5, will feature a 10.2-inch touchscreen with an Android-based operating system. It will be controlled by the Acura True Touchpad Interface – a laptop-like click-pad on the center console.

Like the outgoing model, the 2019 Acura RDX will be produced at the automaker’s East Liberty, Ohio plant. The crossover expected to go on sale later this year, although it’s not yet clear when it will arrive at dealers.

MTD 02-27-2018 12:27 PM

No fog lights, small wheels and matte trim, so it’s prob a base model or tech.

206er 02-27-2018 02:10 PM

The more I look at the tester, the more it looks kinda like a lumbering Toyota Highlander... sorta concerning since I don't care for the Highlander. Hopefully the production version with no chrome delete will change this/look sportier.

SK1124 02-27-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by 206er (Post 16192887)
The more I look at the tester, the more it looks kinda like a lumbering Toyota Highlander... sorta concerning since I don't care for the Highlander. Hopefully the production version with no chrome delete will change this/look sportier.

hmm....i really dont see this comparison. With that said, i bet this is a base model (as the previous poster suggested). The higher trims and the A-spec should make it look 100000% more sportier and give it more grit.

romer 02-27-2018 05:26 PM

A sales rep told me last week they would be submitting their first order for the new RDX in two weeks (which is now in a week).

SK1124 02-27-2018 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by romer (Post 16193034)
A sales rep told me last week they would be submitting their first order for the new RDX in two weeks (which is now in a week).

i called a dealer about 2 weeks ago (in toronto, canada) and they said you could pre-order it by putting a 1000 down. Details of the contract will all be filled in once they know the details. And you can add stipulations such as "purchase dependent on test drive satisfaction", etc. I assume this is what you mean as well? They cant fill an order before the pricing and trim levels are released. Unless all that stuff comes out in a week....

chickdr 02-28-2018 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by SK1124 (Post 16193039)
i called a dealer about 2 weeks ago (in toronto, canada) and they said you could pre-order it by putting a 1000 down. Details of the contract will all be filled in once they know the details. And you can add stipulations such as "purchase dependent on test drive satisfaction", etc. I assume this is what you mean as well? They cant fill an order before the pricing and trim levels are released. Unless all that stuff comes out in a week....

Dealers love to take a "pre-order" money for a new model. They get to make interest on it and use your 1k to buy other things they need. Never a good idea.

SK1124 02-28-2018 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr (Post 16193444)
Dealers love to take a "pre-order" money for a new model. They get to make interest on it and use your 1k to buy other things they need. Never a good idea.

agreed. Definitely recommend that everyone at the very least wait for pricing and specs to be released (preferably also get a chance to test drive it!) before purchasing!

verpan 03-01-2018 12:39 PM

Surprised it is not at the Cleveland Auto Show.

theredia92 03-01-2018 06:00 PM

Temple of VTEC Rumors and News - TOV Spies a 2019 RDX on the streets of DC!

Rocket_man 03-04-2018 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by theredia92 (Post 16194287)

I don't think that is an RDX. It does look like it in some ways, but it just seems smaller and lower. Like a Fit sized Acura test vehicle.

lumpulus 03-10-2018 06:23 PM

They got rid of the gorgeous mirrors on the proto....oh well.

Tony Pac 03-12-2018 08:14 AM

2019 RDX A-SPEC: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...ork-auto-show/

Another one: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300612090.html

I am very excited to see the Prod Version in less than 3 weeks!! A-SPEC yessss!

SK1124 03-12-2018 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tony Pac (Post 16199443)

AHHH! so excited! Love those rims! Definitely getting the A-Spec (if i go RDX) barring some crazy price jump from the base model.

Tony Pac 03-12-2018 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by SK1124 (Post 16199458)
AHHH! so excited! Love those rims! Definitely getting the A-Spec (if i go RDX) barring some crazy price jump from the base model.

Agreed those rims are sick!
Also, the picture looks awesome. looks bulky :)

ostrich 03-12-2018 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tony Pac (Post 16199443)

Very very nice rims!!! It's funny because Acura has chosen to "tease" us with the brand new gorgeous rims when many of us have consistently reported that Acura rims are one of their weakest areas... ha ha ha! Maybe they are listening after all.... :-)

Tony Pac 03-12-2018 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ostrich (Post 16199613)
Very very nice rims!!! It's funny because Acura has chosen to "tease" us with the brand new gorgeous rims when many of us have consistently reported that Acura rims are one of their weakest areas... ha ha ha! Maybe they are listening after all.... :-)

Honestly, I believe Acura is reading everything...The RDX is just the perfect example! We are getting almost everything that we have been complaining. I dont know what will be the price for a fully, fully loaded RDX but it will be really nice.
Turbo Charged
New ELS system
New Rims
A-Spec
New infotainment
Amazing seats
Pano
SH-AWD

What else we want guys? lol

MTD 03-12-2018 06:40 PM

The wheels on my 17 MDX and my 18 TLX ASpec are both very nice. Its the base versions that are ugly.

Im just really hoping Acura offers similar colours to what they have with the TLX. A white on red RDX ASpec would be my choice.

RDX10 03-12-2018 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Pac (Post 16199953)
Honestly, I believe Acura is reading everything...The RDX is just the perfect example! We are getting almost everything that we have been complaining. I dont know what will be the price for a fully, fully loaded RDX but it will be really nice.
Turbo Charged
New ELS system
New Rims
A-Spec
New infotainment
Amazing seats
Pano
SH-AWD

What else we want guys? lol

There is just one thing I want, that is more interior and exterior color options. I.e like the comment above me, would LOVE a red interior leather option on the A-Spec.

Tony Pac 03-22-2018 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 16200095)

There is just one thing I want, that is more interior and exterior color options. I.e like the comment above me, would LOVE a red interior leather option on the A-Spec.

I think we will get it :) i am optimistic..The only thing worries me now is the "PRICE" I hope Acura doesn't raise the prices by $5k.

romer 03-22-2018 12:37 PM

I know we won't get it--but I'd like the option of a black interior headliner also. I've had two in Audi and really like it. It lends a warmth to the interior effect and looks rich IMHO. And--it's a no cost option.

ZipSpeed 03-22-2018 01:52 PM

I love black headliners myself. My guess is the black headliner will be exclusive to the A-Spec variant, just like on the TLX. Which is fine by me, because if I were buying today, it would be an A-Spec anyway.

mapleloaf 03-26-2018 11:19 AM

I know that many folks that post in forums get excited by having more power, such as the prospect of getting a 3.0 turbo 6 Type R RDX or the 2.0 turbo RDX. However, I wonder how it will play out with the majority of buyers. I was at my Acura dealer last week, and chatted with my long time sales guy who is now the Sales Manager. He indicated some concern about giving up the 6 cylinder engine for the new turbo 4 on the version that most customers would opt for. He indicated that they get a lot of RDX buyers who check out other turbo 4 SUVs, including the CRV from the nearby Honda dealership and want the smoother and more refined 6. Personally, I would think, unlike the older RDX turbo, that if the turbo 4 has good power with somewhat better fuel economy, it would help sway those buyers.

ZipSpeed 03-26-2018 11:33 AM

I was at the car show here in Calgary a few weeks back, and I was chatting with my sales guy as well about the RDX prototype they had on display. I asked him if anybody put down any money for a reservation, and he said nobody has so far. He had a few clients contact him, but it looks like everyone is waiting for reviews and test drives before they make any commitments, which make sense. He did mention that his older clients on average prefer a V6 over a 2.0T, and he's expecting to lose a few clients in that regard. That said, I don't think he will have much to worry about because if Acura nails the design and drivetrain on the production model, it'll probably bring in a new generation of Acura owners.

ZtoA 03-26-2018 11:43 AM

Definitely interested in the new RDX, but it's got to have some power, or at least the ability to add power afterwards. I haven't driven many turbo 4's that I've liked.

Tony Pac 03-26-2018 12:39 PM

When Acura kept the V6 engine, everyone was complaining and asking for Turbo. Now that Acura came up with the Turbo engine. People aren't happy lol!
The issue is we will never be happy....I am pretty sure people will say the new infotainment is too complicated, the pano is too big, Acura logo is not a fit and so on....

I think Acura is following what other brands are doing and I will test drive the car, if I like the driving, inside material and price, I will buy it. If not, I will move on and buy something else. Simple is that! Let's not make life complicated. I think it's great to read about other people's opinion and finding but I think some of us just like to complain. Let's stay positive guys and see Alex on autos review :)

Tony Pac 03-26-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed (Post 16208415)
. I asked him if anybody put down any money for a reservation, and he said nobody has so far. He had a few clients contact him, but it looks like everyone is waiting for reviews and test drives before they make any commitments, which make sense.

Quick question/ask: I heard Infiniti already reserved over 10,000 units before the release of QX50. I was shocked to hear that. But it's possible and I cannot say it's a lie since I don't know the answer. Can someone tell me how is that possible? 10,000 units man!!! It's about 7-8% of all Infniti's current sales. For me it's very strange to reserve a car without test driving and getting some info. Unless it's a special edition Bugatti and only 100 units are built :)

ZipSpeed 03-26-2018 02:08 PM

People buying cars without test driving or unseen is more common than we think. It's crazy to enthusiasts like us, but to some, as long as they like the color and design, they'll buy regardless of the other features.

anser77 03-26-2018 06:58 PM

5k more than a 2018 RDX they will have me and others looking elsewhere.

cairish77 03-26-2018 09:21 PM

Looking forward to the release on Wednesday. If the A-Spec is well executed and power numbers check out, I'm all in. However, if price jumps considerably as others have remarked, I'll be looking at the Volvo XC40 or VW GTI. Longtime Honda and Acura owner, so really hoping to stay in the family.

mapleloaf 03-26-2018 10:58 PM

The price will go up, but if it is class leading in some respects, then the buyer will get what they pay for. If you want nappa leather, leading edge infotainment, etc, etc, it won't and can't be thousands less than the competitors.