Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 08:21 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
Your results may vary, but I am extremely pleased with my 22 A-Spec Advance, and if they would have hit me up for an extra $800 I would have paid it because that's the way the market is now. I would not have paid an 'additional dealer markup', but a factory list price is something you just have to deal with.

This car is SO MUCH BETTER than my 19 RDX A-Spec I can't talk about it without being called a fan-boy. My boss got a new GV70 last fall and was on me hard to get one for me, but honest to God I think the thing is Fugly, inside and out. That's my preference and although he can have his car massage his back when he drives, I am just happy with my steering wheel warming up when I use remote start.

Get whatever you want because it matters little to others, speak you mind as well because that's good for everyone. Hey, to each his own, ya know? Best of luck with car purchases to everyone, no matter what car you all end up with.

I just love my car right now...............
I would guess with the GV70, like the recent/current years Lexus vehicles, looks are very polarizing....either you like the looks or you don't. Personally I like the like the looks of both. How those looks age may be another story. It's too bad Acura has chosen or had no choice but to increase car prices, but it is too bad in general what has happened to car prices over the years. Sure, the price of everything is up, but these are +/- $30,000 to $50,000 purchases. How young people can afford a new car any more is a mystery.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 393 Likes on 298 Posts
Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew
Glad to read that many like their RDX seeing as I have one on order. Build date is early/mid February. I had a 2013 RDX then a 2016 RDX. I then traded in the 2016 RDX and bought an Audi Q3. I liked it a lot and had fun with it but during the past few months I decided that the RDX would be better for me. I never got to drive a 2022 but when I drove the 2021 I realized that it was easier for me to get in and out of compared to the Q3. And I wanted more cargo space. Also, believe it or not, the Q3 didn’t have memory seats which is just stupid!
Had a Q3 as a loaner one time when getting body work on my RDX. Couldn’t wait to get back in the RDX. Seriously lacking in luxury and seat comfort. Nimble and more responsive, though, probably because lighter and better transmission.
The following users liked this post:
ShouldIBuyNew (01-14-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 11:23 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
According to this post on the Genesis forum, it looks like the GV70 might have also had a recent price increase.

https://genesisowners.com/genesis-fo...ncrease.38265/
The following users liked this post:
JB in AZ (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 08:53 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
Acura is the leader when it comes to value. Where else are you going to go? You can take a step down to Nissan/Honda/Toyota, but it will be noticeable.
Yes I have felt that for quite awhile. I no longer feel that way about ACURA. Keep in mind I didn't pay a price increase. Just my observation regarding what they are doing for so little offered in exchange.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:57 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ross7777
Harsh. I’ve got a 2022 ASpec/Advance on order and have certainly cross shopped other brands. All the German brands are out of the question. Toyota and Honda are boring. Genesis is interesting but I’m just not prepared to spend $50k+ on an upscale Hyundai yet. I test drove a Santa Fe, again some better options but I just didn’t like it overall. To each their own.

Why did you buy an RDX if it’s no longer worth it?
I am not saying that most others are better value. I am saying Acura is shanking us and expect us to act like we should be thankful when they upcharge us for it. I like my RDX but the value portion is getting out of hand for what we get in return .I looked at the GV70 prior to buying my RDX but decided to stay with the RDX based on my history with the Honda/Acura brand. They have been reliable for me so I chose that over a new vehicle.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by oblio98
Your results may vary, but I am extremely pleased with my 22 A-Spec Advance, and if they would have hit me up for an extra $800 I would have paid it because that's the way the market is now. I would not have paid an 'additional dealer markup', but a factory list price is something you just have to deal with.

This car is SO MUCH BETTER than my 19 RDX A-Spec I can't talk about it without being called a fan-boy. My boss got a new GV70 last fall and was on me hard to get one for me, but honest to God I think the thing is Fugly, inside and out. That's my preference and although he can have his car massage his back when he drives, I am just happy with my steering wheel warming up when I use remote start.

Get whatever you want because it matters little to others, speak you mind as well because that's good for everyone. Hey, to each his own, ya know? Best of luck with car purchases to everyone, no matter what car you all end up with.

I just love my car right now...............
I am glad you re happy with your purchase. I realize I am on the RDX forum. I didnt bash my RDX I just stated a fact at what Acura has done.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by GW208
According to this post on the Genesis forum, it looks like the GV70 might have also had a recent price increase.

https://genesisowners.com/genesis-fo...ncrease.38265/
I realize a price increase occurs but at least Genesis still has something far greater to offer. RDX is seriously lacking in value for the money. Tech on GV70 blows RDX away.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:43 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 482 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
I am glad you re happy with your purchase. I realize I am on the RDX forum. I didnt bash my RDX I just stated a fact at what Acura has done.
No problem. No bashing here or there. Like I said, if you are going to spend this amount on a car, you should be 'thrilled', not just satisfied - in my book anyway. There are a lot of nice things about the GV70 that I like, believe me it's a very nice car. It's just not right for me, that's all. Not bashing or trashing whatever your decision comes down to. I am with you!