New Infotainment issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 07:23 AM
Pro

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts
New Infotainment issue

Hi All,

Has anyone encountered the infotainment issue where the phone rings, but it won't let you answer it via the steering wheel controls? I've been having that issue a lot, and just recently, I am having an issue where the phone will ring (through Bluetooth) and it won't let me answer the call, however, when I answer it through my iPhone I can talk to the person, but the stupid infotainment system keeps ringing as if I haven't answered the phone. Is there any remedy for this issue? I suppose I could try unpairing and repairing my iPhone 14 Pro.

Anyway, I will be glad to dump this vehicle next year (lease is up). The RDX itself is a great vehicle, but this infotainment has been driving me absolutely NUTS as of lately!

Thanks all!

Old 10-13-2022, 09:55 AM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
The infotainment system is exactly why I got rid of my 2019 A-Spec. Solved problems kept coming back. The system in my 2019 Ram 1500 has been flawless.
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 10:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by swttsx007
Hi All,

Has anyone encountered the infotainment issue where the phone rings, but it won't let you answer it via the steering wheel controls? I've been having that issue a lot, and just recently, I am having an issue where the phone will ring (through Bluetooth) and it won't let me answer the call, however, when I answer it through my iPhone I can talk to the person, but the stupid infotainment system keeps ringing as if I haven't answered the phone. Is there any remedy for this issue? I suppose I could try unpairing and repairing my iPhone 14 Pro.

Anyway, I will be glad to dump this vehicle next year (lease is up). The RDX itself is a great vehicle, but this infotainment has been driving me absolutely NUTS as of lately!

Thanks all!
Same here, the issue started apearing two or three months back. Super annoying. No solution so far - I thought it was an issue from my Android phone.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:58 AM
Pro

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by sonyfever
Same here, the issue started apearing two or three months back. Super annoying. No solution so far - I thought it was an issue from my Android phone.
Glad it's not just me! I thought maybe it had something to do with upgrading my iPhone. I figured though that it is probably just the crappy infotainment system though. I'm looking forward to getting rid of my RDX. I'm kinda digging the new Lexus NX 350 F-Sport...
Old 10-14-2022, 05:22 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks all!
Have you tried to reboot the infotainment system? I find I need to do that every few months to get rid of reoccurring glitches that the system is riddled with. The infotainment in my mom's Hyundai Kona is bullet proof in comparison - it just works! The RDX, despite a few flaws, has been an amazing vehicle overall and plan to keep long term. Infotainment bugs are by far my biggest annoyance with it, but the issues have largely gone away with the occasional reset. Best of luck!
Old 10-14-2022, 06:45 AM
Drifting

Received 1,255 Likes on 912 Posts
Glad it's not just me! I thought maybe it had something to do with upgrading my iPhone. I figured though that it is probably just the crappy infotainment system though. I'm looking forward to getting rid of my RDX. I'm kinda digging the new Lexus NX 350 F-Sport...
I'm in the market for an NX350 myself. My local dealer says the hybrid version commands a couple grand markup whereas the non-hybrid can be had for MSRP. The ADM and slower acceleration on the hybrid made it easier to pursue the gas-only version.

Out of curiosity, are you ok losing trunk space going from RDX to NX350?
Old 10-26-2022, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
FYI the issue is gone after my Android phone got the October Google Play system update.