AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Navigation System Lacking Address or Traffic Info? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/navigation-system-lacking-address-traffic-info-972060/)

EE4Life 08-01-2018 07:50 PM

Navigation System Lacking Address or Traffic Info?

See the following August 2018 Acura Service News Article:

B18080B
Navigation System Lacking Address or Traffic Info?
Affected Vehicles: 2019 RDX - With Navigation
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g.../#post16291354

Wander 08-02-2018 12:47 AM

Just when I thought I had this Nav system figured out. If the Nav is getting its traffic data from HD radio, why would it matter if cellular "connected services" is enabled?

dcmod 08-02-2018 01:31 AM

The cellular Connected Services is to populate the nearby info database . Separate from the Traffic Message Channel that comes from the FM HD radio channel

Rexorg 08-02-2018 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16274121)
The cellular Connected Services is to populate the nearby info database . Separate from the Traffic Message Channel that comes from the FM HD radio channel

My Acura Connected Services works well, but it’s database is certainly not up to date by a long shot. There are several businesses, restaurants, and motels/hotels that have been closed for months and still appear as being nearby. I know it’s a daunting task to stay current, but Acura should admit it’s system is only mediocre.

Madd Dog 08-02-2018 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rexorg (Post 16274371)

My Acura Connected Services works well, but it’s database is certainly not up to date by a long shot. There are several businesses, restaurants, and motels/hotels that have been closed for months and still appear as being nearby. I know it’s a daunting task to stay current, but Acura should admit it’s system is only mediocre.

How would they do that? Neon (OK, LED) signs in the lobby: “Our in-car Nav is no better than any other car maker’s in-car Nav”?

Over on the NYT there is an article about people whining (my word, not theirs) that Google changed the name of their neighborhood, and they ain’t happy. I think we need to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Nav systems are not perfect, but they are good.

MI-RDX 08-02-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16274629)
...I think we need to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Nav systems are not perfect, but they are good.

+1 :thumbsup:

You realize, I assume, that you might lose your 'man card' by taking a reasonable and logical position on an internet forum. :rofl:

MTD 08-02-2018 06:52 PM

Turned mine on today and can comfirm that traffic info and address info has improved.

Madd Dog 08-03-2018 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16274637)
+1 :thumbsup:

You realize, I assume, that you might lose your 'man card' by taking a reasonable and logical position on an internet forum. :rofl:

LOL, I got a stack of ‘em, accumulated over the years. I wish I had the baseball cards I used to collect. I still remember using triptics to go all over the country on my road trips.

Big E StL 08-03-2018 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16274777)

I still remember using triptics to go all over the country on my road trips.

+1!!
I remember as a kid how excited I got when it was time to turn the page! We were one "page" closer" to our destination!

birdonamission 08-03-2018 08:46 AM

Acura should admit it’s system is only mediocre.

Seriously? Why would they ever do that? No manufacturer would do this -- not even the others in this very segment whose systems are even "mediocre"-r than Acura's.

Wander 08-03-2018 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by MTD (Post 16274642)
Turned mine on today and can comfirm that traffic info and address info has improved.

Turned on "Connected Features"? I wasn't sure what you were getting turned on about.

MI-RDX 08-04-2018 08:18 AM

...but Acura should admit it’s system is only mediocre...

Yep, just like Apple should disclose up front (before you purchase) that when they decide it's time for you to spend more money they will intentionally degrade the capabilities of the phone you're buying.